Page 109 of 175 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1742
    Saw the entire wave of Hasbro Marvel Legends minus Planet Hulk just hanging on the pegs at Target this afternoon around 1PM. Even scalpers don't want anything to do with these, they're that bad. Looked like there were two of each one, except there was only one Ultimate Iron Man (probably the best figure in the wave, for what that's worth). This line will be coming to an end soon if major changes/improvements aren't made.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

I saw more of the Hasbro Spidey figures at Target, not a winner in sight.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Saw the new 6-inch Spiderman figures today also. The paint was poor on the lot of them... which is a bad sign.

There is a new version of the 9-inch cloth Spiderman out that doesn't have the plastic gauntlets. It's more Mego style, and looked pretty decent, so I got one. (Haven't opened it yet.) Target has hiked the price to $20, and given the way these have sold around me, I'm not shocked.

They also had the 9-inch Punisher figure out, which looks cool... except for the head sculpt, which is very lame.
    plasticfetish.net

I'm convinced it must be a mistake, but I saw the Spider-Man/Green Goblin, and Spider-Man/Venom Origins two packs on clearance at Target along with all the older Toybiz figures. I know the Toybiz is clearance, but I figure someone goofed on the Origins figures. I wasn't interested enough in solving the mystery to scan the price or ask anyone.

Otherwise, I'm annoyed to have been standing in Target with Marvel Legends, Figure Factory, Showdown, etc. all marked down and no real desire to get a single one of them.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    I theorize that Hasbro didn't really make anything that's out in their Spidey line, rather they just bought bootlegs from Mexico and repackaged them.
    actually most of them are re-paints of older toybiz molds. in fact, the only new mold that i know of in the series is the iron spider figure. i would think it's a stupid idea, however there are some figures that i don't have that are being remade that i will pick up...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    They also had the 9-inch Punisher figure out, which looks cool... except for the head sculpt, which is very lame.
    Punisher is a Target exclusive, but they seem to be plentiful. As much as I like The Punisher, there is no way I'll be buying any of these figures (unless they drop to a couple of bucks). They look terrible.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I got Emma and Banshee this morning. I'm not really sure what all the hate is about. It's not like they're the greatest Marvel Legends figures ever, but aside from the fact that Banshee could donate a fourth of the mass of his head to Emma's head and each would look better, I just put them on the shelf with my other X figures and went on about my day. Nothing to get worked up about positive or negative. Banshee's horrifically pale and his yellow is too green, but meh.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Had a look at all of the new ML figures at Target this afternoon, and it honestly made me sad.

The Toy Biz figures were never by any stretch of the imagination perfect, but this stuff is just about bootleg quality. (Hah! LTBasker, I just read back and saw your comment.) They're bland and cheap looking. The sculpt detail is terrible, and the paint (when they bother to paint something) is shabby and sloppy (Emma Frost is crazy bad.) That Iron Man figure is just about the worst thing that I've seen since looking at the craptacular new Ghost Rider figures at Wal*Mart yesterday. (Made from recycled Transformers Beast Wars plastic?) Hercules is the best... but only because he's friggin' hilarious looking with that big cookie monster mouth.

plasticfetish.net

I saw 'em today too. I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm done with ML, aside from a few choice characters (Sleepwalker) if they ever make them. The price went up $2, and the value of the figures went down $5.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The price went up $2, and the value of the figures went down $5.
    Oh yeah! that's right... I forgot, they're $9.99 now. WTF!?!

I have to agree, it looks like I'm done with 'em too. I was holding back on the MODOK wave, but I'll probably snatch them all up and call it quits.

-----

Oh... I put some photos of the 9" Signature Series 1st Appearance Spider-Man up over at actionfigs.com. Haven't opened it up yet to get a good look, but I like this one much better than the other.
    plasticfetish.net