Page 110 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1742
    It really is pathetic how craptastic this new wave of Legends is (and judging by the pictures, the next wave is even worse). I think Hasbro should've changed the name from Marvel Legends to something else. Maybe then these new figures would be perceived as just cheaply packaged, slapped-together toys for small children, instead of a slap in the face of the adult Marvel Legends collector.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

Oh man, I saw the Ghost Rider figures at TRU last night, Hasbro's just awful with these, it's pathetic, there was one, it had a swappable Nick Cage head, they got his likeness but in a really silly, cartoony way, and the hinges on the skull head were pretty ugly.

I think I've figured out why Hasbro snagged the Marvel license - they were sick of hearing how much better Toy Biz's ML line was than their Star Wars figures at nearly the same price, so they ruined it and raised the price.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

All the ML figures I saw two days ago are still on the shelf at the Target. I didn't notice before, but Banshee's face is more yellow than his costume. That's pathetic.

Too bad they didn't make this mistake with Jubilee. Because then I'd write them a letter saying they're racist. I'm totally serious. It's tough to b**** about that if you're talking about an Irish guy in yellow, but a Chinese girl in yellow? That could be a pretty serious issue.

And, besides, I could've gotten a Jubilee figure before I quit collecting these.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

i actually picked up the "secret wars spider-man" and "spider-man 2099" figures from the new spider-man: origins line. for rehashes, they're pretty good, as long as you can find a 2099 with symmetrical paint app on the face - i've seen some really lop-sided ones.

apparently the "iron spider-man" figure is really a quality piece of work, so here's hoping hasbro continues with that trend on future new molds. check out the OAFE review...

http://www.oafe.net/yo/smois.php
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Oh man, Hasbro announced that they're going to continue the spidey Classics line and have released pictures.

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderm...6D0594D8B41EB5

These things look SOOOOOOOOOO effin' HORRIBLE. Man, these sculpts are shady. Bloody Hell, i think i've seen better knock off's on e-bay.

And I guess a WM employee has UPC codes for wave 3. How? I dunno, I said it on the gd.com and then followed the link to the TNI forums. here is the POSSIBLE lineup:
    Bucky
    Captain America
    Marvel Girl
    Marvel Girl (Variant)
    Black Night
    Hydra Soldier
    Hydra Soldier(Variant)
    X3 Colossus
    Cyclops
    Danger
    Quicksilver
    Quicksilver (Variant)
    Jean Grey
    Phoenix (Jean Grey Variant?)
    Yellowjacket
    Yellowjacket (Variant)

Hey more variants, yay for random assinine hunting.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 01-16-2007 at 09:06 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    and have released pictures.
    Hmmm. What is the deal with Hasbro and this line? I suppose I shouldn't need to ask that question at this point, but... crap... the Marvel stuff was pretty much my favorite non-Star Wars thing to hunt for, and now my interest is just about gone.
    plasticfetish.net

I saw Emma Frost and X-Men 3 Beast today.
    Both looked like crap (as expected) and Emma has got herself some big ol' birthin' hips on her!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

So far I've had absolutely no problems with what Hasbro has done with the Marvel Legends line. I honestly see nothing wrong with what's been released so far (sure Emma Frost is ugly, but ToyBiz was always equally hit and miss for me from the beginning anyway.) and I've honestly not understood what all the fuss was about. In fact, I even consider the first wave of Hasbro Legends an improvement, but if this next wave of Spidey Classics is any indication of where they're going then they can count me out too. To be fair, I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with the sculpts as seen in those pictures, but Marvel Legends for me has always been about the articulation. If they take away that they have nothing, in my opinion. I'm just not a big enough Marvel fan to stay on board, and Hasbro may as well not even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Oh man, Hasbro announced that they're going to continue the spidey Classics line and have released pictures.

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderm...6D0594D8B41EB5

These things look SOOOOOOOOOO effin' HORRIBLE. Man, these sculpts are shady. Bloody Hell, i think i've seen better knock off's on e-bay.
    so we get a movie doc ock lookin' like butt, a pretty good "ultimate" rhino, movie green goblin actually looking pretty good, an okay kraven (maybe ultimate version, too... not to sure about the outfit...) and a pretty good looking lizard figure that could use a bit more articulation - i'm not really seeing these as "effin' HORRIBLE"... they may be of less quality than the last offerings in "The Amazing Spider-man" (sandman and hobgoblin being stand-outs in that line...) but they're far from horrible.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post
    so we get a movie doc ock lookin' like butt, a pretty good "ultimate" rhino, movie green goblin actually looking pretty good, an okay kraven (maybe ultimate version, too... not to sure about the outfit...) and a pretty good looking lizard figure that could use a bit more articulation - i'm not really seeing these as "effin' HORRIBLE"... they may be of less quality than the last offerings in "The Amazing Spider-man" (sandman and hobgoblin being stand-outs in that line...) but they're far from horrible.
    Are we looking at the same thing? Look at how poor and shady those sculpts are! And how about if you're taking up the line, give us SOME NEW FREAKIN' FIGURES. We've already had Doc Ock, we've already had Green Goblin, and Rhino; come up with new figure ideas.

And I saw these on the spawn boards today: spidey 3 figures on the e-bay! no sandman, just spidey, symbiote spidey and venom. Hard to say at this point, but they look pretty much like the other movie figure spideys. Venom is alright at best, but i'll have to see these things in person before i can make any calls on them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spiderman_moive4.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	14974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	venom.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	14975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	symbiote.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	14976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	back card.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	14977  
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 01-17-2007 at 10:59 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"