Page 111 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1742
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Are we looking at the same thing? Look at how poor and shady those sculpts are! And how about if you're taking up the line, give us SOME NEW FREAKIN' FIGURES. We've already had Doc Ock, we've already had Green Goblin, and Rhino; come up with new figure ideas.
    we've already had a couple of lizards, too... but this one looks different, as does the rhino figure.

like i said, the doc ock looks like butt, but the movie goblin figure looks pretty good, and i didn't get one the first time around. i'll probably pick it up. i'm not saying i'm in love with them, but they're not horrible, and i'm holding out hope for future collections being better. i was totally unimpressed with the first line of marvel legends, and thought they'd never last - but they upped the ante and made some great product, thus maintaining the line.

And I saw these on the spawn boards today: spidey 3 figures on the e-bay! no sandman, just spidey, symbiote spidey and venom. Hard to say at this point, but they look pretty much like the other movie figure spideys. Venom is alright at best, but i'll have to see these things in person before i can make any calls on them.
    there's a sandman figure on the card back.

i've heard the movie figures are actually going to be 5" instead of 6" like the spider-man 2 figs. they might have reduced the molds or something, but i'd imagine that since they didn't change much about the way the costume looks (save for the darker colors at certain points...) that it would stand to reason that they look similar to the previous movie's figures.

strange that the venom on the card back has a big white spider on it...
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Oh man, Hasbro announced that they're going to continue the spidey Classics line and have released pictures.

http://www.hasbro.com/marvel/spiderm...6D0594D8B41EB5

These things look SOOOOOOOOOO effin' HORRIBLE. Man, these sculpts are shady. Bloody Hell, i think i've seen better knock off's on e-bay.
    I couldn't get them to click to the larger pics, so here's the URLs of 'em (I mined them out):
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...man//69470.jpg
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...man//69480.jpg
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...man//69485.jpg
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...man//69530.jpg
    http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/...man//69555.jpg

Do they really think we won't notice the giant step backwards in quality here? Kraven the Hunter has v-crotch articulation and no knees at all! Everything Hasbro does with this license gets worse and worse!

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    So far I've had absolutely no problems with what Hasbro has done with the Marvel Legends line. I honestly see nothing wrong with what's been released so far (sure Emma Frost is ugly, but ToyBiz was always equally hit and miss for me from the beginning anyway.) and I've honestly not understood what all the fuss was about.
    ... I actually thought you were going to end that sentence with "and I honestly can't see."

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    In fact, I even consider the first wave of Hasbro Legends an improvement, but if this next wave of Spidey Classics is any indication of where they're going then they can count me out too. To be fair, I think there's absolutely nothing wrong with the sculpts as seen in those pictures, but Marvel Legends for me has always been about the articulation. If they take away that they have nothing, in my opinion. I'm just not a big enough Marvel fan to stay on board, and Hasbro may as well not even bother.
    Not that I want to defend Hasbro's Marvel entries at all as I think they're heavily sub-standard, but you could never judge the Marvel Legends line on the Spider-Man Classics line because the SMC line is for kids and always has less articulation and action gimmicks, it was true with Toy Biz and it's true with Hasbro, 1 does not indicate the other's direction.

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post
    i've heard the movie figures are actually going to be 5" instead of 6" like the spider-man 2 figs. they might have reduced the molds or something, but i'd imagine that since they didn't change much about the way the costume looks (save for the darker colors at certain points...) that it would stand to reason that they look similar to the previous movie's figures.

strange that the venom on the card back has a big white spider on it...
    I was going to suggest the figures in those pictures looked like a smaller scale toy, the joints seem a little out of scale and the packaging looks too big for the 6" size figures. My guess is these are the same size as the Superman Returns figures. Multi-spinning webs Spidey does look like a retread of a SM2 figure though

That Venom figure seems to have a silver spider on his chest, my guess is Hasbro's cardback photo is of the non-movie Venom figure, the knees look different and there's no detail work anywhere.

I really dislike that movie packaging.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Damn, those new figures look truly craptastic. Anyone know how long Hasbro has the Marvel license for?
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

'Til the end of time.

Saw the new Icons (Thor, Wolverine) figures at Target. You guys (if you bought any Episode III 12" figures) will recognize the new packaging. I'm not into them. Thor has some good points really, but again, the paint is loose and too simplistic... even for this line.

Oh... my kid's been playing Ultimate Alliance a lot lately, and he says that he likes/wants the Ultimate Iron Man (ML) figure, so I suppose Hasbro nailed it for one person. (I've told him "no" BTW. )
    plasticfetish.net

I'm ordering a set of wave 2 ML just to save myself the hassle of hunting and i'm wondering if anybody wants She-Hulk, Yellow Jacket or Thor? I know some might be building the Blob and stuff. Let me know.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Anyone know if there's going to be an Old West Ghost Rider with horse? I saw the Caretaker basic figure but he's pretty mediocre like the rest of the line.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

I'd like to know what the new Icons figures Variants look like. Hasbro has one of each pictured but not the Variants.

I have yet to see the Ghost Rider figures.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

You're not missing anything.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I have yet to see the Ghost Rider figures.
    I was wondering why so many of these turds are hanging on the pegs 'round here.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!