Page 112 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1742
    I have the 12" Ghost Rider with Motorcycle.

I was over on the Spawn boards, and i seen a thread about Hasbro Marvel Legends, and apparently the wave three build a figure is going to be the Queen Brood. They also had a picture of it in their thread.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Ugh! I'm so weak! http://photos.actionfigs.com/showpho...=7845&cat=2168 I'm probably gonna get both Spideys!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

spotted the spidey 3 walkies today at a wal-mart. No sign of the figures yet though!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Found a lone Ultimate Iron Man at TRU last night, the helmet-on-the-side variant which I'm guessing is why he's rare right now, Hasbro held back on the original helmeted version when they realized it'd lead to damage during shipping. So I figured what the hell and bought him. The Tony head is pretty small, but the helmet looks good over it, though I do wish the helmet were a little longer at the bottom. The use of chrome flat-out fails for me, maybe if the shoulders and knees and gauntlets matched I might have been more inclined to dig it, but they are shiny paint that doesn't really come close, plus Hasbro's chrome tints always chip, ALWAYS, so I know I wont have long to enjoy it. Besides the helmet, the chrome shin plates are removable, but the chest piece while sporting a big seam at the sides where it meets the back piece looks like it's removable is not and I really wish it were. The figure has some charm in the sculpted details, a little more paint wash and details might have been nice, but the overall build isn't heroic enough, not quite "big" enough. The hands are sculpted in an odd half-curved pose and hinged at the back, it doesn't look that good doing the energy blast pose and looks worse when NOT doing that. Morever, there's not enough of the red metal areas, they're sculpted small and inconsequential which is a real shame and makes this look like some random gray guy with a few red pieces slapped on rather than the Invincible Iron Man. They were clearly going for this look, but didn't deliver all the way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:UltimateIronMan.jpg

The materials are ok, that slightly gummy plastic that Hasbro likes doesn't feel like it'll break, but it warps very easily compared to what it should be at the limbs and flexes easily at the thin-walled joints (elbows and knees), and it doesn't take dyes very nicely. The rivets are uglier, but it's not as noticeable as I feared. Articulation is good with a fair range of motion, but the mid-torso hinge is next to useless which is tragic, and the ankles can't move all that much because of the bulk around them - the sides of that bulk is rubbery to allow movement but the back is too thick and the front is a chrome plate.

The only other accessory is Annihilus' torso, the sculpting is mostly good, the universal-jointed shoulders work differently from the hips for some reason, the ratchet in the middle of the torso works great (without parts added on anyway), but everything's paintwashed in an ugly sloppy way and the purple parts are cast in PINK plastic for god's sake!!! It's totally worthless to me, and pretty much an eyesore.

Anyway, this figure looks like the only one worth getting in the wave to me, it's got a lot of flaws but some charms as well, it's not the total disaster it could have been but it's not really that good at being Iron Man either. Deco and materials issues haunt the set for me, especially at this new higher price. Grade: B-
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Saw Iron Man again. Came close to buying it, but that face is sooooo weird looking.
    plasticfetish.net

How scary is it (for those of us that still want a Marvel Legends line) that Hasbro didn't show anything new for the line at Toy Fair? I'm beginning to think that they've only bought up the license so that they can make Marvel movie figures, and that they don't really have any interest in the comic based lines.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    I'm beginning to think that they've only bought up the license so that they can make Marvel movie figures, and that they don't really have any interest in the comic based lines.
    Yeah, I think you may have really hit the nail on the head with that.

We'll see, but I'm feeling that also. Maybe they'll pump out the leftovers from what Toy Biz started and then kill the line off.

Here's a question (for any/every one), what's the deal with the Marvel Toys "Legendary Heroes" line? There's pics over at actionfigs...

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showpho...=8800&cat=2200

Those look pretty great, but I don't understand what's going on with that line, and how it relates or not to the Hasbro stuff.
    plasticfetish.net

Marvel Toys is the new name of ToyBiz. Oddly enough, even though they no longer possess the license to make figures based on the Marvel Comics characters they are still owned (more or less) by Marvel Entertainment or some such nonsense. Thus the name change to Marvel Toys. They are completely independent of Hasbro and their Marvel Comics license; consider them a completely unrelated toy company regardless of the name. The Legendary Comic Heroes line is their new and possibly only current figure line and is their successor to the ML legacy. A pretty good successor, if you ask me. In fact, this one is just about the only thing from this year's Toy Fair that has me excited at all. I couldn't be more excited for that we'll be getting not only that awesome ML styled Madman (my personal fave!), but also Monkeyman and O'Brien, Marv from Sin City, Savage Dragon, Super-Patriot, Star, Conan, and Judge Dredd!

Marv? I thought the one figure looked like Marv, but I thought McFarlane still had the rights to Sin City.

I can't wait to get me a Dragon to whomp on my Wolverine army.
    Tommy, close your eyes.