Page 113 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1742
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Saw Iron Man again. Came close to buying it, but that face is sooooo weird looking.
    He looks like a retarded Steve Buscemi or retarded Dave Foley.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Marv? I thought the one figure looked like Marv, but I thought McFarlane still had the rights to Sin City.

I can't wait to get me a Dragon to whomp on my Wolverine army.
    McFarlane Sin City has been over and done with for quite some time. In fact, there was only the one Marv basic figure and the Electric Chair deluxe. Neca has been doing the movie figures, but they've had nothing new in the last year and their license might never have applied to the comic versions.

Hasbro brought 1 Thor figure's cardback from the upcoming BAF Blob wave, or are those already out too? Kinda weird that they'd abandon the line so soon after rebooting it, I wonder what Marvel has to say about this situation - Marvel just barely restarted the line, if they had any confidence in it at all they should have been pushing it extra hard at this show and instead they soft-play it, something's definitely wonky there.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Marvel Toys is the new name of ToyBiz. Oddly enough, even though they no longer possess the license to make figures based on the Marvel Comics characters they are still owned (more or less) by Marvel Entertainment or some such nonsense. Thus the name change to Marvel Toys. They are completely independent of Hasbro and their Marvel Comics license; consider them a completely unrelated toy company regardless of the name. The Legendary Comic Heroes line is their new and possibly only current figure line and is their successor to the ML legacy. A pretty good successor, if you ask me. In fact, this one is just about the only thing from this year's Toy Fair that has me excited at all. I couldn't be more excited for that we'll be getting not only that awesome ML styled Madman (my personal fave!), but also Monkeyman and O'Brien, Marv from Sin City, Savage Dragon, Super-Patriot, Star, Conan, and Judge Dredd!
    Geez, that's not confusing at all! Marvel Toys, Legendary Heroes?

Still, Madman, Judge Dredd, and Savage Dragon are all figures that deserve decent figures.

Not so sure about that Witchblade figure though, MAC really got that likeness down back in the day.

I bet these figures tank and wave 3 never happens, they're just too late to the party for these characters.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No, hardly confusing at all. Marvel Toys will do figures from various indie comics. I get it...

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    I bet these figures tank and wave 3 never happens, they're just too late to the party for these characters.
    I dunno, there's a big void where the Marvel Legends line used to be (har har), and seeing as how DC Superheroes is good, but hard to predict, these are a nice new option.

Edit: Oh, well I guess this tells it...

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../003166344.cfm
    plasticfetish.net

Such a weird line, it's way too niche to attract the mainstream buyers that they're aiming for, and too much like Marvel Legends to attract the kid buyers that would keep a line like this afloat in mainstream. I predict the line will tank before wave 2 even, and waves 2 and 3 will see ultra-limited release in comic shops with a double-high MSRP.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    and waves 2 and 3 will see ultra-limited release in comic shops
    That's likely to be true. I'd love to see these hanging in Target, but you're probably right about them having a limited appeal. (Not that they would warm the pegs any worse than Marvel Legends is right now.)
    plasticfetish.net

So now that I'm thoroughly confused, are we going to have to have separate threads for toys made by Marvel Toys (the former Toy Biz) and toys made by Hasbro about Marvel Comics characters?
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Such a weird line, it's way too niche to attract the mainstream buyers that they're aiming for, and too much like Marvel Legends to attract the kid buyers that would keep a line like this afloat in mainstream. I predict the line will tank before wave 2 even, and waves 2 and 3 will see ultra-limited release in comic shops with a double-high MSRP.
    I'm not so sure I agree with you there. I think the only thing that matters as far as the kiddies are concerned is whether or not the character looks cool, and these guys definitely have that going for them. Think about it a bit - how many kids do you think are currently buying Daredevil comics? Ghost Rider? Silver Surfer? Thor? Punisher? That never held back the Marvel Legends line, and before you point out that those characters are more recognizeable remember that it's been several years at least since any of those guys had any exposure on children's television and several years since a few at least have even had regular comic book series. The Punisher comic has been mature readers only for most of the time kids of toy buying age have been alive, and the movie was rated R. As a matter of fact, if the comics market is suffering at all right now (and many people believe it is) it is definitely for lack of younger aged readers. Marvel Legends as a toy line never owed it's success to the comic books and I would argue that most of the characters made in that line got their exposure to young fans as action figures first rather than by any other means. I also don't think retailers know the difference between these characters and the Marvel ones, so I don't really foresee a problem there either. Nope, I think this line will do rather well.

Matter of fact, here's my personal wishlist!:

The Atomics (Madman's friends)

The Valiant/Acclaim comics characters (X-O Manowar and Turok especially, but Magnus, Rai, Shadowman, Archer and Armstrong and Doc Solar as well!)

The Phantom

Flash Gordon

The Shadow

Mandrake and Lothar (Defenders of the Earth ML style!)

X, Ghost, Barb Wire, Titan, etc. (from Dark Horse COmics Greatest World)

Alan Moore's Tom Strong and family (fat chance, I know)

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

The Lone Ranger and Tonto

Zorro

Mage's Kevin Matchstick and friends

Each of the various Grendels - Hunter Rose, Prime, etc.

I think the only thing that matters as far as the kiddies are concerned is whether or not the character looks cool, and these guys definitely have that going for them.
    Kids' buying trends have been steadily declining in freeplay as they become more and more dependent on predetermined play patterns (aka they buy stuff they already know how to play with because they're emulating a movie or TV show the toy is based off of). Kids generally don't buy what looks cool anymore, there's huge competition in the toy aisle and nearly all of it is a strong kid-theme license right now, and that which ain't dies quickly and moves on to KB's discount aisles.

Think about it a bit - how many kids do you think are currently buying Daredevil comics? Ghost Rider? Silver Surfer? Thor? Punisher? That never held back the Marvel Legends line, and before you point out that those characters are more recognizeable remember that it's been several years at least since any of those guys had any exposure on children's television and several years since a few at least have even had regular comic book series.
    I haven't seen 1 kid interested in Marvel Legends in years, nor Justice League figures nor DC Superheroes, these lines are mostly driven by collector interest. But at a certain level, there are comic characters who get through to kids without any media support because they're the top of the game and infused into the society's current mythos - Superman, Batman, Spider-Man. And it's no surprise then that all 3 of those franchises have separate lines catering to kids over collectors - Superman has the movie spin-off line, Batman has the "The Batman" cartoon line, and Spider-Man has Spidey Classics and Origins (notice that only Spidey survives without direct movie or cartoon support, just an interesting side-point) - and these lines have something else in common, they all are designed for play over display, they have action gimmicks and less articulation than ML and DCSH (both of which are somewhat less fun to play with because the articulation takes too much time to get one from one cool play stance to the next).

I also don't think retailers know the difference between these characters and the Marvel ones, so I don't really foresee a problem there either. Nope, I think this line will do rather well.
    Actually, retailers' buyers are pretty in tune with that stuff, they do a lot of marketing research before jumping in too heavily. If this Marvel Toys "Legendary Comic Book Heroes" line does well at all, it'll be because of Hasbro's incompetence with ML over its own merits, but I suspect when ML dries up it'll just take that entire type of market down with it - Legendary Comic book Heroes and DC Superheroes will both quickly fold.

The Phantom

The Shadow
    Yeah, I'd love to see these get figures like this! However, both characters aren't comic book heroes primarily, The Phantom is a comic strip character and the Shadow is a radio character.

Zorro
    Also not really a comic character, but it'd be awesome here. These 3 characters are always underappreciated.

Mage's Kevin Matchstick and friends
    Actually, Mage got a pretty decent line back in the late '90s.

Dude, why are they making Diehard?

Why give Liefeld the royalty check? Yeesh.
    Tommy, close your eyes.