Page 118 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1742
  1. #1171
    When I went to TRU today they had a lone TRU Emma Frost so I picked it up.

  2. #1172
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    But, sadly, totally accurate. I think that if Hasbro released a wave of Sleepwalker, Jubilee, Forge, ROM Spaceknight, Death's Head, and Circuit Breaker with an Uatu BAF, I still might pass on it.
    Wow... even ROM? (Saw an issue of ROM at the thrift store the other day, and thought about you Chux.)
    plasticfetish.net

  3. #1173
    Man, there are an awful lot of far worse figures that have come out over the years that still even managed to be quite popular. I still for the life of me can't see why everyone is so down on these. Sure, an argument can be made that they're not as good as they could be. An argument can be made that they're even not as good as they should be or have been in the past when ToyBiz was doing them. Still, as far as mass market action figures go, Hasbro's Marvel Legends are great figures.

    Ahh well...at least they'll be much easier for me to find when I go looking.

  4. #1174
    Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    I still for the life of me can't see why everyone is so down on these.
    Yep, it's because they're not as good as they could be, they're not as good as they should be or have been in the past when ToyBiz was doing them.

    I'd give 'em a pass if I thought they were trying, but so far Hasbro hasn't lived up to their potential with this line. Toy Biz didn't always make gold, but Hasbro isn't even trying for silver.
    plasticfetish.net

  5. #1175
    The reasons we're "down" on the Marvel Legends:

    1) Significant drop in paint quality

    2) Significant drop in choice of character quality

    3) Shortpacked figures in Build-A-Figure waves (and that's even without variants)

    4) Loss of all the pack-ins

    5) You get all of the above for a mere $2 (or $3, depending on where you shop) increase
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  6. #1176
    In the past, many poorly-made figures sold well despite being terrible because they were a "hot" movie/TV property tie-in. These ML figures really have nothing going for them - they pretty much have to stand on their own. They don't even include comic books anymore.

    They are truly craptastic figures.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

  7. #1177
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    2) Significant drop in choice of character quality
    Aside from the fact that they've only had opportunity to release stuff Toy Biz was working on before the license changed, I really can't complain about this one too much. The only figure I actually wanted from ML-14 was Psylocke, and I got Falcon grudgingly to fill out the Avengers roster. I only really wanted three figures from 13, three figures from 12 (and I only include Bishop because I finally decided I needed him in my X-Men), and I only purchased two figures from 11. They can't all be ML-15. As it is, HML-2 has three figures I really want and a BAF that is going to force me to buy all of them, and HML-3 looks like it's going to have three figures I really want, though the BAF leaves me less impressed than Annihilus.

    4) Loss of all the pack-ins
    And that was going to be done by Toy Biz anyway.

    5) You get all of the above for a mere $2 (or $3, depending on where you shop) increase
    And even I will admit I'm most likely just being cynical, but I always figure your fifth reason is the most significant reason everyone is so upset, and even then we knew absolutely we were going to get less for more. And I've said it a million times, but I'm still surprised Hasbro kept the BAF at any size.

    I always feel like if these exact same figures said Toy Biz on them and cost $7.99, there would have been half as many pages of people complaining and even then it would only be about the loss of comics and clamshell packaging. Maybe a handful of people would have laughed about how Toy Biz just can't sculpt a good female face, but there wouldn't be page after page after page of lamentation and several people acting like an ugly female sculpt is unacceptable.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

    Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

  8. #1178
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The reasons we're "down" on the Marvel Legends:

    1) Significant drop in paint quality
    Hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but from where I'm sitting the paint apps are still just as good if not better than what ToyBiz was doing - that was always one of my main issues with ToyBiz throughout their line. In general, I see the paint issues on the new ML as nothing more than par for the course. Like I said - I guess it's a subjective thing.

    2) Significant drop in choice of character quality
    I won't argue with ya again here as once more, this is purely a subjective thing. Personally, I never felt Hercules and Banshee would come around soon enough as they are two of my absolute favorite Marvel characters and very necessary additions to the Avengers lineup; ditto for She-Hulk, Yellowjacket, Quicksilver. Again, I understand how your mileage would vary. Having heard you say this, I now wonder which characters you personally would consider to be 'quality' characters?

    3) Shortpacked figures in Build-A-Figure waves (and that's even without variants)
    This one, however, truly eludes me. Which figures are you missing? I can help you find them as not a one of them was ever not readily available at all retailers in my area. If anything, they first assortment might actually be too easy to find around here - no thrill of the hunt, if you know what I mean.

    4) Loss of all the pack-ins
    For instance? I'm at a loss to imagine what ToyBiz might've included with any of these characters that Hasbro has not. If it's the bases you refer to - again it must be just subjective as I never had a use for them anyway, and I only saw them as a waste of plastic to begin with.

    5) You get all of the above for a mere $2 (or $3, depending on where you shop) increase
    Had to happen some time. ML were already an outstanding and unusual value when ToyBiz was doing them. They were always a rarity and even an anomaly at their old price point. Sucks, but...you know.

    Again, I understand what issues are at play here, and why some take offense to them. I just don't get why everyone seems as upset as they are about them. It's just not nearly that bad from my point of view and I'm just glad to see ML continue largely unchanged (as I see it anyway.)

  9. #1179
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    I always feel like if these exact same figures said Toy Biz on them and cost $7.99, there would have been half as many pages of people complaining and even then it would only be about the loss of comics and clamshell packaging. Maybe a handful of people would have laughed about how Toy Biz just can't sculpt a good female face, but there wouldn't be page after page after page of lamentation and several people acting like an ugly female sculpt is unacceptable.
    My thoughts exactly!

  10. #1180
    Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    This one, however, truly eludes me. Which figures are you missing? I can help you find them as not a one of them was ever not readily available at all retailers in my area. If anything, they first assortment might actually be too easy to find around here - no thrill of the hunt, if you know what I mean.
    I've seen them all, but Iron Man much less frequently. He's not even a variant. He's just a shortpack. When you figure in that each figure has an Annihilus part, that's silliness.

    For instance? I'm at a loss to imagine what ToyBiz might've included with any of these characters that Hasbro has not. If it's the bases you refer to - again it must be just subjective as I never had a use for them anyway, and I only saw them as a waste of plastic to begin with.
    The bases, dioramas, and trading cards, for three. Not that they were great, but they were freebies. And there's some other thing ToyBiz used to pack in. What was it? Oh yeah! An actual comic book!

    As for the character choices, I'll concede that the last few ToyBiz waves were coming up with some real strange ones. But to continue the mediocre choices with the other dropoffs makes it easier to find any additional minor reason to drop a line.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO