Page 119 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1742
    I'm also underwhelmed by Hasbro's sub-quality materials and manufacturing qualities.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I found the Icons Punisher at Walmart this morning. This time there isn't a variant only the T style Bradstreet Skinny Skull on his shirt. F that I prefer the running paint Tom Jane version but I bought it anyway because I like Punisher.

Picked up Ultimate Wolvie, Juggers, and Xorn today at wal-mart. Still need Quicksilver and both Phoenix versions!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I have so far managed to only find Juggernaut so far - seems like these remain pretty popular in spite of prevailing sentiments online. I've really gotta hand it to Hasbro, I really didn't want to have to buy this guy. First of all, I've never had even the slightest urge to collect X-Men movie figures (and am not fond of owning only one character from the series and not having any others to go along with him) and secondly, I absolutely hated X3 with Juggernaut being one of my least favorite designs from that movie. I only ever intended to buy the thing to finish my Blob. That having been said, I actually love this figure! The articulation is actually better with the addition of stiffer 'clicky' joints. The paint work is much more subtle and natural looking than dirty looking wash job I'm sure ToyBiz would've used. The likeness is pretty darn good, the material feels much sturdier, and the character even looks great alongside all my comic inspired Marvel Legends.
    I'm again left mystified that so many people seem to be hating on Hasbro so bad. I'm still not happy about the seeming lack of certain joints on upcoming figures, but still don't see anything that would make me as angry as a lot of fans online seem. I'd like to mention once more that all the ML hate going around lately just means that there'll be more for me, but it doesn't seem like sales have diminished nearly as much as it would at first have seemed. Hasbro's Marvel Legends remain as hard to find as they ever were when they were with ToyBiz. So...you know...would all you guys who've been ragging on the line please stop buying them already so I can find some for myself?

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    I'd like to mention once more that all the ML hate going around lately just means that there'll be more for me, but it doesn't seem like sales have diminished nearly as much as it would at first have seemed.
    I have a friend who grudgingly purchased Banshee and Emma because he liked the characters despite hating the figures. He found all of HML-2 and grabbed them. He's describing them as a vast improvement.
    As for Hasbro's sales, I saw this article:

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=26352
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

There certainly does not seem to be very many of us who walked away from ML after Hasbro took over. I am not seeing any more peg-warmers than the previous makers had.

I was surpised about that, but I guess I shouldn't have been. I know why I tolerate Hasbro's lousy sculpting, articulation, and paint apps (on some figures). And I know why I voluntarily suffer the collector's worst enemy, Target, for distribution (of exclusives...I refuse to buy anything else there). Because I love the Star Wars story and characters, and if I don't buy the ones Hasbro makes and Target gets (primarily the ones they get as exclusives), then I don't get the figures as there is no choice. And I can see how, whether or not a person is happy with the product, there simply is no other choice to get the figures in this medium.

The article that was linked to above gives the credit to the potential of the movie toys that are coming out soon and in the future. It doesn't even mention ML. And this is interesting to me. I couldn't stomach the fact that my Spider-Man 3 figures could not be displayed interacting with my ML if I were still collecting. After, lets see, Hulk, X-Men 1, 2, and 3, Fantastic Four 1, and 2, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 1, and 2, Punisher and how many other movie toys were done to the same scale as ML...a few of those movies were actually done IN the ML line...now Marvel Collectors are given the toys from a sequel that are not even in the same scale as the previous 2 movies. I wonder if the previous manufacturer would have changed the scale in the middle of the saga.

Or am I wrong about any of this. I have been out of ML collecting for a few months now, is my information incomplete, or old?
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I think they're vastly overestimating how those movie toys will go over.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, I was able to grab all of HML-2 but She-Hulk and Juggernaut. I found HML-1 the first time at Target but found HML-2 the first time at Wal-Mart.

I don't see the vast improvement over HML-1 but then I didn't think HML-1 was a commentable tragedy. The Thor figure seems okay, but I really don't like Thor so that does me no good. I'd really like to complete Blob soon.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

hey, just wanted to say, if anyone's got an extra banshee from hml1 on their hands that they're going to use for customs, but don't need his arms, i could use them - i want to put his arms on my ASM electro to give him some better articulation, because he's an awesome figure other than the gimmick arms.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope