Page 123 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1742
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The pics look great. But Hasbro has a way of PhotoShopping these preliminary pics to make them look great, and the finished product looks like butt. And we already know every Marvel figure produced by Hasbro looks like double-butt.
    I disagree. I liked the X3 Beast. And Emma wasn't too bad. Banshee only suffered from not having his collar, and having a perma-screaming head. I wish they would have went with an interchangable head for him. I didn't buy any of the others, but Planet Hulk and Iron Man looked pretty good. And HML Series II is a huge improvement over HML Series I.

Banshee also suffered from having skin that was a brighter yellow than his costume, and Emma suffered from looking like Michael Jackson in lingerie. X3 Beast wasn't too bad, despite a bout with anorexia.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

While I wasn't too thrilled with Series I of the Fantastic Four 2 figures...

Series II looks like a huge improvement. Warning, there be spoilers at the link.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images...e/HAS13632.jpg

Larger pics over at MarvelousNews.Com:

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?c...3&itemid=10961

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post
    yeah, holy crap! i didn't scroll down to the last pics, the interchangeable heads really seals the deal, especially since it looks like a first-appearance spidey.
    That and the plastic incarnation of the removed mask also sold it for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

CoolToysReview.Com has the heads up on Marvel Legends - Servies IV!!
    The 411: Marvel Legends Series 4
    Posted by D_Martin on June 6, 2007 at 08:19 PM CST:

There has been some controversy in the collecting community with Hasbro's take on the line started by Toy Biz way back in 2000, but the kids love them (and so does this writer). For the fourth wave of Marvel Legends, Hasbro once more impressed the heck out of us. This time around we're not seeing any movie-based figures, but we're getting everything else we love. First Appearance costumes, Scantly clad tiger women, and more Age Of Apocalypse than you can shake a stick at…

First Appearance Daredevil
    Hasbro is going old school and they are doing it right! Unlike the yellow and red Daredevil Toy Biz produced as a chase figure in their pre-Marvel Legends Spider-Man series, Hasbro's Man Without Fear looks better than a meager repaint. (Though it might very well be). You see, the costume features the double D logo instead of the single D. Since this appears to be a sculpted detail, chances are good we'll see the red costume as well.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, pivot torso, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles. Also, the figure features billy clubs and a functional holster.

First Appearance Storm
    OK, about 616 fanboys just chuckled because Storm was topless in her very first appearance. Everyone else will be happy to know that this figure is based on her first costumed appearance a few pages later. Like Nova, rumour has it that Storm may be bumped too.

Assuming she isn't, collectors can expect Storm to feature a removable plastic cape, a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, double pivot elbows, pivot wrist, pivot finger set, ball jointed torso, ball jointed waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, double pivot knees, pivot ankle, and pivot feet.

Nova
    If what we here is true, this figure might be getting replaced with another figure, but assuming that Hasbro is still going forward with the Human Rocket, we'll tell you what we know. This figure utilizes the same body we've already seen used on Quick Silver. Nova's helmet is removable and reveals Richard Rider's likeness.

The Punisher
    Hasbro's first Punisher figure is based on the very popular art of cover artist Tim Bradstreet. This punisher sports a dark blue T-shirt with the modern skull, black cargo pants, and combat boots. Frank Castle also packs with a pistol and a huge rifle.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, double pivot knees, and ball jointed ankles. While the articulation may seem limited, the sculpt is quite nice. As an added feature, the holster on the figure's right leg is functional.

Silver Samurai
    YES! The Silver Samurai was on our wish list and Hasbro hasn't let us down. For the Marvel Legends treatment, Kenuichio Harada looks pretty much like he did when Paul Smith drew the classic battle between him and Wolverine in Uncanny X-Men 173. Collectors may at first be turned of with the paint design due to the white sleeves and legs, but in reality that's what it looks like in the comics, making it one well thought out decision.

Beyond his sword with red 'tachyon' energy signature, this figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and ball jointed ankles. Sadly it doesn't look like the helmet is removable.

Age Of Apocalypse Sunfire
    One of the most striking character revisions in the original AOA series was Sunfire. Where the regular Marvel Universe Sunfire was a cocky bitter man with a bad attitude, the AOA version was a brutally scarred and tragic character. As such, anyone who loved the story really digs the Sunfire design. For his Marvel Legends figure, Hasbro has opted to utilize their standard body (same as Nova and Quicksilver).

Tigra
    Cat chick in a bikini. Alright, we admit it, this character wasn't one of the greatest ever created. Regardless, she was an Avenger and that means Marvel Collectors will go nuts. Hasbro did nail the character's likeness, so it's a no brainer for the hard core fans.

This figure features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, ball jointed elbow, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, ball jointed ankles, and a swivel tail.

BUILD A FIGURE Age Of Apocalypse Nemesis
    What's big and yellow and super cool looking? It certainly isn't that Bananakin guy we kept seeing last week at Celebration 4 (don't bother trying to find a picture of him in our coverage, we were all far to disturbed to shoot pictures of him). No, true believers, we are referring to the super cool BAF based on the crazy-cool dude from the original Age Of Apocalypse Holocaust. Holocaust? Yeah, Hasbro is keeping the PC name Toy Biz used with the original pre-Marvel Legends version of this character. Nemesis.

We're not going to try to decipher this figure's articulation, but it appears like it's chock full of them!
    http://cooltoyreview.com/story/front...s_4_106524.asp

I'm already in love with this wave. I'm betting that the Nova will likely fall out for Black Bolt, and Nova will be in Hasbro's Marvel Legends 5. The FA Daredevil should please a lot of people who never got the incredibly rare FA Yellow Daredevil from the Spider-Man Classics line back in the day. Can't wait for FA Storm either, since I wasn't a huge fan of the last version.

Silver Samurai has been requested by a lot of people for a long time. So that's cool to see that he's getting produced as well. Also cool that he comes with a sword, something Psylocke should have had. Accessories are one nice inclusion to see Hasbro start doing more of wuth ML. Sunfire's another pleasent surprise. Hopefully they'll also do a 616 classic Sunfire variant, even though Shiro is currently wearing the AoA version as Apocalypse's former Horseman.

Not big on Nova or The Punisher. But they should please people who want to see less X-Men characters in the line. Nova's also getting a huge push in the comics. Odd that Punisher's getting another ML figure. Especially after he's gotten represented in the line already three times before, one being the Movie Version. Tigra's a pleasent surprise though. I've been waiting for them to do her for a while. And so far she sounds like a really great figure.

Finally, the BAF is not really much of a surprise. We were told it was a 90's character. And Holocaust aka Nemesis is one of the more popular characters from the AoA storyline. And one of the 4 refugees who actually crossed over and became part of the 616 after the storyline concluded. If they make Dark Beast soon, I'll have to give Hasbro a great big smooch.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Odd to see another Punisher get the ML treatment though. Especially after he's gotten represented in the line already twice before, one being the Movie Version of the character.
    Five times, actually. Regular figure, movie figure, variant of regular figure in the Urban Legends boxed set, and regular and variant versions of the Face Off figure.

Nova and Silver Samurai sound pretty cool. Of course, I really wanted Emma, Banshee, and Xorn to show up in the line... until they did, and looked like poopie.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Strange that of all the characters in that list that Nova and Storm are the ones being mentioned as possibly being pumped. Both characters are far more iconic (legendary even) and recognizable than either AOA Sunfire or Tigra (whom I actually love, personally.) I'd even normally be inclined to think that Silver Samurai would take a backseat to either of those, but I suppose that just means either figure is inevitable and if not in this assortment, then the next for sure. Still...of all the characters to be bumped for Black Bolt would have to top the list!
    Speaking of Inhumans, I'm personally dying for an Inhumans heavy assortment with a Lockjaw BAF! These guys are way overdue.

As for the Nemesis/Holocaust BAF...I'm not sold (not that it matters since I've already decided all the figures in this assortment are must-haves.) Seems there are still so many other larger sized Marvels awaiting the BAF treatment that would make for a much better draw: Goliath, Ultimate Giant-Man, the afore-mentioned Lockjaw, various Celestials, Ronan the Accuser, Rom, High Evolutionary, Blastaar, Terminus...

Well, Silver Samurai and Tigra have been on my top ten for a while, but so has Sunfire . . . classic Sunfire. I knew they'd do him AoA first damned chance they got. Like some here, I'm scratching my head on Punisher. Nova I guess is cool for all those that wanted him. The others? Meh, but I don't really care to build Holocaust, so I don't need to get them.

Thanks, Beast for the scoop.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Roojay, Ronan the Accuser is the BAF for the upcoming FF ML Series.