Page 128 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1742
    Man, talk about evasive answers! This is the big one and they sidestep the hell out of it!
    Cool Toy Review: Many fans have been disappointed with the smaller scale used for the Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four movie lines. Can you explain the reasons for this change, and are there any plans to bring these characters to a more consistent scale with better articulation and paint deco?

Hasbro: There has been a lot of intense debate around the scale of movie figures....we hear you. Both paint and articulation are handled case by case taking into consideration the aesthetic of each character. Maximum articulation sometimes detracts from the overall appearance and quality of the figure. We know that many collectors and fans agree that the overall apearance of a figure ranks higher than the articulation point count. We look at this balance carefully each and every time.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So, comic or articulation?

You mean that for a company several times larger than ToyBiz, the printing costs for a comic are so high that they can't afford to include it in their more expensive product and articulate the figures properly?

I know they love their excuses, but that one's not even plausible.

We need to pose that question to Hasbro - exactly as it appears in the original post, complete with the direct quote from Hasbro.

Q. Will the Spider-Man origins line continue?
    A: Origins is a great line that our whole team enjoyed working on. While there are no immediate plans to bring it back with this particular moniker, you will definitely continue to see great classic Spider-Man product from Hasbro...
    Anybody else take that as confirmation that this line tanked just as all of us warned them that changing the scale, style and articulation level like that would lead to?

Superherotimes.com has their questions in now also. Still waiting for AF.
    Hasbro Answers Your Marvel Questions

Last week we asked for your questions to submit to the Hasbro Spider-Man/Marvel brand managers and today they have been answered.

1) Will there be a continuation of the Spider-Man origins line and if so, which
    characters will be included?
    A - Origins is a great line that our whole team enjoyed working on…while
    there are no immediate plans to bring it back with this particular
    moniker, you will definitely see more great Classic Spider-Man product
    from Hasbro.

2) What made Hasbro decide to not do away with the toe and finger
    articulation on the Marvel figures?
    A- To be honest? It's functional. Toe articulation can make a toy harder
    to stand and pose. Finger articulation limits the ability to hold weapons
    or accessories and doesn't always make for the greatest poses. We have
    chosen on many Legends to go with more dynamic hands, which are more
    signature to the characters.

3) Any chance fans will see new box sets released; perhaps a continuation
    of the Young Avengers or Runaways?
    A- Not for 2007…but we're taking a hard look at some great possibilities
    for box sets and 2-packs in 2008.

4) Is it possible that fans will ever see figures that depict characters
    in their secret identity personas - IE: Peter Parker, Steve Rogers, Tony Starks, etc?
    A- Love the idea…unfortunately, the secret identity figures haven't sold
    well in the past which makes it difficult to do them again.

5) Will we continue to see more store exclusives like the past Marvel
    Legends Toys R Us and Target Spider-Man 3 figures?
    A - All signs point to 'Yes'

The second round will be submitted in July, visit the FORUMS today to post your questions.
    http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/002305.php

Here's another one. This time from Action-Figure.Com.
    QUESTION 1: The lack of ink wash on some figures bothers a lot of fans of the original Toybiz/Marvel Toys Legends line. Are there plans to improve on this in the future?

ANSWER 1:: We do use a lot of washes and wipes where appropriate.but again, this is a case by case decision dependant upon aesthetics and the characteristics of each figure.

QUESTION 2:: Can we get clarification on talk of further 6 inch, Legends comparable figures outside of the Legends line?
    ANSWER 2:: We can neither confirm nor deny at this time, stay tuned fans!

QUESTION 3:: Will you confirm or deny that this lineup for Legends series 4 is accurate...

> First Appearance Daredevil
    > First Appearance Storm
    > Nova
    > Tim Bradstreet Punisher
    > Silver Samurai
    > AOA Sunfire
    > Tigra
    > Build a Figure AOA Nemesis

ANSWER 3:: This is not the lineup. I know this answer is a little cryptic but the official announcement for Wave 4 is just around the corner. stay tuned.

QUESTION 4:: Some fans are having difficulties finding Legends Series 2 in stores. Can you talk about distribution on this wave?

ANSWER 4:: There were a few bumps in the road coming out of the gate in 2007 but distribution was not the issue. Essentially, the reason you haven't seen Series 2 on shelf is because some Series 1 figures were blocking shelves for a while. The good news is that The Blob series has now hit shelves at most major retailers over the last two weeks. Lesson for the day?... Go find Series 2 so we can get Series 3 out there quickly! We need to work together in order to keep this business healthy and producing the fan faves we all want to see!

QUESTION 5:: Are there plans to release the Icons line in the UK?

ANSWER 5:: Our international team is taking a hard look at Icons for the UK.
    http://www.action-figure.com/index.p...b527cce979431d

Wave 2 HIT finally hit my store last night........too bad I found the figures about 7 weeks ago. I opened the case myself and finally saw She Hulk and Thor. Nice figures, but I don't care for either character. Ran into another collector who was also looking for WV 2 and he mentioned that he's friends with a comic book shop owner who told him that ALL of his orders for the variant cases had in fact been canceled by Hasbro. So, i guess there won't be many of the variants in the second wave. I won't e-bay them either cos they're not worth a huge amount. Screw that.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Sounds like Hasbro's telling secrets to Cool Toy Review again.
    The 411: Marvel Legends The Hulk Waves
    Posted by D_Martin on June 28, 2007 at 01:33 AM CST:

The twelve Build-A-Figure Hulk figures will be split into two waves of six, each including a piece of the massive Fin Fang Foom figure. Here's what you can expect:

Absorbing Man
    The Absorbing Man action figure doesn't really break new ground, and in some ways doesn't deliver the same 'umph' that the Toy Biz absorbing Man figures have in the past. Like previous versions of this character, expect to see him in transition. Oddly, his upper half is transformed into concrete and his leg into bricks, as if he were leaning upside down beside a building (you know, with his arm on the sidewalk and his leg on the wall…)

Absorbing Man features a ball jointed head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, torso, hips, knees, and ankles and will be packed with his trademark ball 'n chain.

Bi-Beast
    Bi-Beast! BI-BEAST! Holy Hannah, who'da thunk it? This dude is one of the craziest designs in the Hulks rogue's gallery. The figure looks just about as cool as the comics too. For those that don't know who this bad motor finger is, click the above thumbnail and check him out for a minute. Really, how weird is this guy?

Bi-Beast features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, pivot elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, swivel waist, ball jointed hips, swivel thighs, pivot knees, and double pivot ankles.

Grey Hulk
    We know what you're thinking. Yes, Toy Biz already nailed the First Appearance Grey Hulk, so who needs this figure? Well, this isn't really a First Appearance version. Consider this more of the early 300's version of Hulk where he reverted back to grey.

Grey Hulk features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and double ball jointed ankles.

Classic She-Hulk
    White. Soft. Goods. Yup, Shulkie in her classic torn white shirt thing. Fear not true believers, this She-Hulk is totally different from the one from Marvel Legends series 2.

Shulkie features ball jointed head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, torso, hips, knees, and ankles. And Quentin Tarantino will be happy to hear that she's barefooted.

Hulk: The End
    Based on his appearance from the Marvel limited series of the same name, the Hulk: The End figure has sculpted chunks of long white hair and a lot of roughed up -muscle tissue revealing- skin.

This version of the Hulk features a ball jointed head, ball jointed shoulders, swivel biceps, ball jointed elbows, ball jointed wrists, ball jointed torso, ball jointed hips, ball jointed knees, and double ball jointed ankles.

Wendigo
    Much like the Silver Surfer from the Fantastic Four wave, all we can say is 'Thank you Hasbro, thank you!' The Wendigo is perfect. If you can find anything wrong with this figure then there is no doubt that you are a bitter little person. This figure is beautiful!!!

Wendigo features a ball jointed head, shoulders, elbows, wrists, torso, hips, ankles, as well as swivel thighs, and double pivot knees. (and yes, he has a tail too).

Wait a second, what about the other six? Well, stay tuned for more info on them, but we promise that you'll be excited. Well, you will be if you want a couple of kings, a son, green hair, or a hot Defender…
    http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/f...ves_107071.asp

It sounds like Series 2 will include...

King Hulk (World War Hulk)
    Doc Samson
    Valkyrie

Not sure on the last 3. But this should be great news for Hulk and FFF fans.
    I'm glad they went this way, so that Foom could still be a huge BAF.

AWESOME. You know i loves the Hulk, Beast and these are great ideas. I don't care about the She-Hulk or Wendigo figures, but the others sound awesome. I got all the Hulk Classics figures back in the day, but these sound awesome. And a figure for HULK: THE END. Holy God, SO buying two of these. Really glad that Hasbro is giving some love to the Green Goliath. ANy release date on these???? Can't wait!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I'm hearing that probably next year to coincide with the Hulk movie.

Since the movie won't have enough characters to support a normal figure line.

I hate hating softgoods. I wish I could not hate softgoods, but I just can't bring myself to do so. They can work on 12" figures (and usually then only high-priced Dragon/Elite Force and similar figures) but any smaller and it just comes off crap in my eyes. I can sacrifice some articulation to prevent my figures from looking like they're wearing burlap sacks.

I'm happy enough with HML-2 She-Hulk as much as I would have preferred her to be barefoot, so I can't imagine short of contemplating a foot transplant that I would have any desire to own this She-Hulk. I could conceivably see myself wanting to get Valkyrie, but I woulnd't put money on it. But there is one problem: I would really like to get Fin Fang Foom. This might be the first time I contemplate eBaying a BAF.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06