Page 130 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1742
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Hopefully these turn out to be early prototypes. Since a few tweaks could make them look much better.
    hasn't that basically been the endless refrain since hasbro took over? it hasn't panned out yet that the end result was any more polished or tweaked from the preview pics.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Regular Sandman is really skinny and lanky, what happened? Still, looks just like Thomas Hayden Church.
    agreed, thought it's also plain looking. a paint wash treatment would do wonders for this guy.

Venom looks surprisingly bad, I was NOT expecting it. Proportions are all off and paint looks wrong and I've never seen a Venom tongue-spewing head before that looked bored.
    i'm sure if put in a more dynamic pose he wouldn't look so "bored" but yeah, the arms are a bit gorilla-ish for the legs especially. i think in relation to the torso they're in-proportion.

New Goblin looks lanky as well, and seems way more boring than the 5" version.
    it basically looks like the same exact mold. i wouldn't have realized it was a pic of a new figure unless it was marked as a 6".

MJ looks kinda like a Hobbit, so yeah, that's accurate. Not sure why she dunked her hair in dayglo orange tho'.
    the hair could've been a play of the light and the fact that they photoshopped in that really BRIGHT blue color for the background. i'll await an in-person viewing to determine the real color.

Spidey - man, what did they DO to you?!? That mold looked snazzy when Toy Biz released it for SM2 but here the paint is a complete failure and ruins the fig. Plus, it looks like Hasbro's new pin style for the elbows and knees is an ugly mistake.
    i dunno... i don't think it looks too horrible... or that unlike the previous version, though i don't have it with me to compare at the moment.

Symbiote Spidey - holy crap does that not work at all! There's something about it that makes it look like one of those cardboard skeletons they put up in municipal buildings at Halloween. And who do we "thank" for taking nearly all the major joints out of the upper arm?
    agreed on all accounts. it's a shame that the articulation is disappearing by the handful each time we see another spidey. he should be the most articulated figure of any of them, save for maybe nightcrawler.

Green Goblin, once again the Hasbro deco has hampered a decent fig. How can they get the 5" one so right and this 6" version so wrong?
    this i could see being a test-shot... it looks unpolished to me, moreso than the others. but that may just be wishful thinking.

Doc Ock is in the same boat except he never looked particularly good.
    the previous version had a better color to the skin parts, which lends more credence to the overall piece.

BAF Sandman is horrid, Hasbro shouldn't bother producing this at all, it's a waste of petroleum, and their time could be better spent standing in the corner not talking.
    somehow i don't see that... i think it's pretty successful actually. i find it pretty cool looking.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post
    hasn't that basically been the endless refrain since hasbro took over? it hasn't panned out yet that the end result was any more polished or tweaked from the preview pics.
    I don't know... maybe for you. But I was happy with ML 1 for the most part and I think ML 2 was a massive improvement over it. ML 3 looks to be leaps and bounds above them as well. I've been pretty happy with everything Hasbro has done so far with the line. Especially the better quality plastic, the improved character selection, and the sculpts.

i actually haven't gotten any of the marvel legends, but i just seem to remember that being a popular assessment of the situation. i'll be happy to be proven wrong and see a bit more attention to detail on these guys, but i'm not holding my breath.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

Quote Originally Posted by darthvyn View Post
    agreed, thought it's also plain looking. a paint wash treatment would do wonders for this guy.
    That it would.

i'm sure if put in a more dynamic pose he wouldn't look so "bored" but yeah, the arms are a bit gorilla-ish for the legs especially. i think in relation to the torso they're in-proportion.
    Perhaps, but the lower body is way out of proportion to the upper body, right at the middle of the torso no less.

it basically looks like the same exact mold. i wouldn't have realized it was a pic of a new figure unless it was marked as a 6".
    Really? I don't see that at all, look at the torso and compare them, 6" looks like he was stretched out on The Rack until they added half a foot to his height, and the hips are baaad.

the hair could've been a play of the light and the fact that they photoshopped in that really BRIGHT blue color for the background. i'll await an in-person viewing to determine the real color.
    Could be, but I don't think so, look how the hair meets the head, look at the back of the hair, it tracks as bright carrot orange. Plus, the eyebrow paint matches the hair.

BTW, they didn't put in that background color, that's Rebelscum's doing, they do it with all their Hasbro pics now, I dunno why.

this i could see being a test-shot... it looks unpolished to me, moreso than the others. but that may just be wishful thinking.
    It's not a test shot, there's paint on the figure. It's possible they shot it in the same material and it doesn't translate to this scale

somehow i don't see that... i think it's pretty successful actually. i find it pretty cool looking.
    I'm not feeling it at all, looks like a funnel cake gone wrong, plus the legs are totally immobile and the arms are super preposed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Did the Spider-Man 3 proto pics disappoint you? These might make you feel better.

Marvel Legends Hulk - Series II (BAF - Fin Fang Foom cont.)

Doc Samson: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...2DocSamson.jpg

McGuiness Hulk: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...uinessHulk.jpg

King Hulk (Planet Hulk / World War Hulk): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...k2KingHulk.jpg

Red King (Planet Hulk): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...lk2RedKing.jpg

Son of Hulk: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...2SonofHulk.jpg

Valkyrie: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...k2Valkyrie.jpg

Many thanks to Kirk over at The Comic Crypt for the pics.

http://www.thecomiccrypt.com/viewtopic.php?t=807

Wicked awesome, but those are missing some key articulation points. Can't wait for that Doc Samson.

AWESOME!! I just got my issues last week and started reading WWH and it's terrific. I CANNOT wait to see Hulk: The End figure cos he's probably gonna be my favorite as that's an incredible (pun INTENDED) issue. Thanks, Beastie!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

10x better than the Spider-Man wave. I can't wait to see pics of wave 1 of the Hulk figures and the FFF build a figure.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

You know...know that I think of it, I'm so totally happy we're getting Valkyrie! She was always one of my favorite Marvel characters. Too bad we'll probably never get her horsey, however (and yes, I know I could customize one from one of the LOTR horses, but I'm just not into the non-professionally produced nonsense.) Of course, now this just makes me want her ol' buddy Isaac Christians even more! Bonus points if you know who that is.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    You know...know that I think of it, I'm so totally happy we're getting Valkyrie! She was always one of my favorite Marvel characters. Too bad we'll probably never get her horsey, however (and yes, I know I could customize one from one of the LOTR horses, but I'm just not into the non-professionally produced nonsense.) Of course, now this just makes me want her ol' buddy Isaac Christians even more! Bonus points if you know who that is.
    That would be Gargoyle.