Page 155 of 175 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1742
    I still think they'd have done better if the waves were more targeted along certain themes, and especially if they included comic books.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but guys like Superpatriot and Dart have been out of the public consciousness for a pretty long time now. You can't expect the average Wal-Mart customer to buy them, especially if the BAF is a character like PITT who's been MIA almost as long.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I still think they'd have done better if the waves were more targeted along certain themes, and especially if they included comic books.
    probably. especially if packed in with a comic, but it would've definitely broken the $12 barrier to have a BAF piece AND a comic. that would've made it prohibitive to the casual buyer.

i think the mix-n-match waves had to do with a the risks of putting your money on a startup franchise. if erik larsen had said yes to an entire line of savage dragon toys in series 1 and it tanked, we would've ended up with only one series. i bet it was a bit of trepidation on both the licensee and the licenser. the compromise was that no one licenser would make or break the line. i think they did a good job with the licenses they got as i broke it down over at comics-database.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but guys like Superpatriot and Dart have been out of the public consciousness for a pretty long time now.
    insofar as they never were in the public conscious, then yes, you are correct. i mean, sure, they're pretty front-and-center characters in savage dragon, but they're not icons like spider-man and the hulk. they just don't have (and never had) that kind of recognition. if you mean they've not been actively portrayed in the funnybooks for a pretty long time now, then no, incorrect.

You can't expect the average Wal-Mart customer to buy them, especially if the BAF is a character like PITT who's been MIA almost as long.
    true, PITT is basically lost to the sands of time at this point, but i guarantee that most people seriously considered buying all of wave 1 based on a few random buys simply to finish him. that's what i did.

do we have a separate LCBH thread, or is it worthless to split this out seeing as how the line is dead anyway?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

I stand corrected. I didn't realize Superpatriot and Dart were still major players in Dragon.

I dropped it years ago, when I stopped collecting. I'd really like to get back into it (it was close to the most fun you can have with your clothes on), but the paperbacks aren't especially easy to find, and Larsen seems to have given up on reprinting them. Given the size of the TPB market, that seems like an odd decision, especially since he's EIC of Image now and can do what he wants.

Dragon, the first Shadowhawk miniseries, and the first 12 issues of Spawn are pretty much all the early Image stuff that's worth remembering at this point. I don't care how many times they try to rescusitate Cyberforce or Youngblood, it doesn't make the early issues suck less.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I dropped it years ago, when I stopped collecting. I'd really like to get back into it (it was close to the most fun you can have with your clothes on), but the paperbacks aren't especially easy to find, and Larsen seems to have given up on reprinting them. Given the size of the TPB market, that seems like an odd decision, especially since he's EIC of Image now and can do what he wants.
    prepare to stand corrected again:

http://savagedragon.com/shop/sdtp1.htm

that's the link to buy the first TPB volume. the rest follow the title "baptism of fire" in the bottom.

A'ight, take out the Superman and Hellboy crossovers, as well as the "Companion" book. That leaves ten paperbacks (and I doubt Dragonbert and SuperPatriot collect any of the ongoing series).

Do you mean to tell me that those ten (or, more likely, eight) paperbacks collect the entire series?

If nothing else, he's been lax about releasing new ones for a while. Not like Marvel, where something is in paperback the month after the last issue is released.

I'd love to read the entire series, but tracking down all the issues would take ages.

Though Wikipedia tells me there's a hardcover collection in the works, a la Invincible (which I also still need to check out).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

no, the entire series is not collected, though he's been slow with new issues recently due to his EIC role. i think we got maybe 5 issues last year if that. so new TPB's will be slow coming since they require a certain amount of issues to be collected in order to make money off the thing.

Though Wikipedia tells me there's a hardcover collection in the works, a la Invincible (which I also still need to check out).
    Invincble: Hands-down, the BEST Superhero book on the market right now. Reads best in trades, however. Would've made for some frikkin' wicked Legends-style figures too...

First picks of the SDCC exclusive Savage Land 3-Pack has been release. I have to say it looks pretty cool. Love Ka-Zar and Shanna. Zabu looks a bit odd, but I still like the trio. Guess I'll have to snag one of these off HTS.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?c...3&itemid=11398

Found a larger pick at Cool Toy Review:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/toys2008/Savage-Land.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Savage Land.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	16977  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Wow, that's actually not bad. I mean, sure the Zabu is just a repaint of the Sigma 6 tiger that came with Stormshadow and the (surprisingly, fantastically sculpted) Shanna is missing all sorts of articulation that would've marked her as an actual Marvel Legends figure, but if the finished pieces turn out looking as good as in that pic...I might actually not be completely done with what Hasbro is trying to pass off as Marvel Legends after all!

Seriously, that sculpt on Shanna really pulls off the Frank Cho look pretty damned well. (Of course, Frank Cho's version of Shanna didn't seem to be the one that was hooked up with Ka-Zar, but it's all good.)

Honestly, I'm happy that Shanna doesn't have the typical ML articulation. I think it really makes female figures especially look bad. So I prefer Hasbro's articulation for females. And Ka-Zar looks great also. A pretty nice 3-Pack, all around.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.