Page 159 of 175 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1742
    Would you like a little violin to accompany that post?
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Would you like a little violin to accompany that post?
    LOL, yes, yes I would!

Don't get me wrong I'm excited for the "new" figs. and I understand all the talk about this sells and kids this and kids that. I'm just so tired of Hasbro wasting time and money to give us the same crap with a differant paint job. Every time I get into any line, Hasbro seems to come in buy it out and churn out crap.

Oh well, I guess I'll just fill in the holes until the fall.

BTW, thanks for all the info Beast.
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.myspace.com/storetroopers"]www.myspace.com/storetroopers[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://www.caboodleforums.com"]www.caboodleforums.com[/URL][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Caboodle is a anything goes forum page, we could use some good forum topic starters if anyone is interested.[/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][FONT=System][SIZE=4]$6.99 for a 3 3/4 inch Star Wars figure, with so many Star Wars collectors paying this kind of scratch for one figure and the cost of gas for driving from store to store, I can see why our econmy is in a slump![/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/CENTER]

Not sure where they're giving the same crap with a different paint job. There was a lot of good stuff shown today at NYCC. While I hate exclusives, it somewhat makes sense. It keeps the retailers happy, and allows Hasbro to have 3 different ML series hitting close to each other without one series being hurt by any figure danglers from other series. Plus hopefully we'll see the 3 3/4" line at SDCC.

More news from NYCC:
    I spoke to the Hasbro rep, a very nice guy from marketing named Scott, and asked him another round of questions.

First, some good news regarding the last wave of Icons which includes Colossus, Nightcrawler, Daredevil and Phoenix. He said that Hasbro is working on a distribution method, perhaps an exclusive to a retailer such as TRU. There are no plans at this point for any further waves of Icons though.

The third wave of Spider-Man 3 movie Super-Hero Squad did have a short distribution period due to timing. Some of the figures, like Kraven, may be worked back into future waves of the main line.

It is unknown yet whether the upcoming ML exclusives will have international distribution, but the Hasbro rep promised to reasearch it and let Jay know.

There are more new characters who be included in the Spider-Man Classics line. The ones in wave 4 and 5 will be revealed at SDCC, though Tarantula has already been disclosed.

The reason for the increased price point for the Hulk lines is primarily due to the large sizes of the figures and the subsequent need for more plastic. Also that Fing Fang Foom is huge!

They (Hasbro) decided to take the number of figures in the wave so that fans wouldn't be forced to buy 8 figures to get the Foom. They are going to try and work Valkyrie and Red King into future waves of ML, as they also are for Storm.

The molds for the runners-up of the Wizard contest have not been trashed. Hasbro will be looking to get those characters out to us one way or another in the future, there are no announcements as to specific plans at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Steve has posted Marvel photos from NYCC over at actionfigs.com now...

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=3095

Why does he have the Fin Fang Foom wave in the SHS area? Heh.

Oh, and the Marvel Legends A.O.A Sunfire is available on HTS now.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Product...R=452&ID=21740

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Why does he have the Fin Fang Foom wave in the SHS area? Heh.
    You know how it is... obviously a lot going on (in general), and little time to sort things out right now.

-----

I will say, aside from a few things that seem a bit underwhelming (and stupid like the Transformers), I'm impressed by what they're showing. Paint detail seems much better, and most of the sculpts look really good. (I'm all over that Skrull/Kree set!)

...just hope the final product looks as nice.

I've added, and will continue to add, a bunch of Iron Man figure photos to the Database over at ActionFigs.com.

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2975

Something of minor interest that I noticed the other day (don't think this has been mentioned here anyway), is that there are two versions of the (Super Fist Smash) Iron Monger figure going...

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2975

One with a red chest and eyes, and another with a blue chest and eyes.

My guess is Hasbro either used poetic license with the red version, or the filmmakers changed the red design to blue late in the game and Hasbro had already started production.

These figures have totally dried up around here, I was lucky to get the prototype figure when I did, but have never seen anything but that and the Target exclusive.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    My guess is Hasbro either used poetic license with the red version, or the filmmakers changed the red design to blue late in the game and Hasbro had already started production.
    No doubt. And now I see that the variant was mentioned at other sites...

These figures have totally dried up around here, I was lucky to get the prototype figure when I did, but have never seen anything but that and the Target exclusive.
    Funny, because most of the ones we have were driven up here (via grandparents) from down in Deoxy's neck of the woods.

I haven't been out looking since the film dropped, but I know we had tons of figures around here before the 1st. Curious to see what's left now.