Page 16 of 175 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    I still have hope that perhaps she will not end up being the chase and Dark Phoenix is.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

This whole wave looks great to me, I will definitely try to get all of them.

The only complaints I have are very minor:

* Juggernauts ape-like long arms (Toybiz has a problem with this sometimes, just look at Ghost Rider)

* Cables shoulder pads look too big to me (but they are removeable, so problem solved).

* Wolverines Ogun pack-in will probably be out of scale (I could be wrong here). I don't see how a correctly scaled 6" figure could be tucked into that spot on the repainted ELektra base.

* Phoenix body is just the re-used mold from Elektra/Rouge... Time for a new female upper torso Toybiz! Every woman in the Marvel universe does not have the same exact proportions.

I just got that new issue of Toyfare, and the pics look great close up! Juggernauts head looks perfect, I hope the helmet is removeable! Unfortunately it states in there that this Phoenix is the chase, so I guess the bad news is kinda confirmed....

Feh... why must they do the chase figures? It's just silly... What really sucks is that this chase is of a very popular character, which will probably translate to a much higher markup on the secondary market....

Hey Durge,
    In the Marvel Legends line, chase figures mean extremely limited production runs. It seems that actual collectors rarely find these figures, scalpers seem to get 'em all. They are only packed one in every (insert number) cases. Toybiz said that Goliath & Red Skull wouldn't be hard to find, but I've never seen one at retail.

I do a lot of hunting (almost every AM), and I've never seen any chase figures at retail.. I have scored some through trades, and payed way too much for a few from those very same scalpers. The worst case scenario would be one like the Wolvie chase: That one goes for $300+ on ebay!

So anyway, yeah... chase figures suck

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Hey Durge,
    In the Marvel Legends line, chase figures mean extremely limited production runs. It seems that actual collectors rarely find these figures, scalpers seem to get 'em all. They are only packed one in every (insert number) cases. Toybiz said that Goliath & Red Skull wouldn't be hard to find, but I've never seen one at retail.

I do a lot of hunting (almost every AM), and I've never seen any chase figures at retail.. I have scored some through trades, and payed way too much for a few from those very same scalpers. The worst case scenario would be one like the Wolvie chase: That one goes for $300+ on ebay!

So anyway, yeah... chase figures suck
    and i can't help to find it funny that those folks that paid 300 bucks for the unmasked wolvie could've waited a few more months to get the unmasked version in the X-Men 5 pack!! Oh, kids these days!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    * Wolverines Ogun pack-in will probably be out of scale (I could be wrong here). I don't see how a correctly scaled 6" figure could be tucked into that spot on the repainted ELektra base.
    Unless ya go with the classic asian stereotype...

I hope Punisher comes with more than pistols and knives, to me an arsenal would mean a grenade launcher or two, 4-5 rifles, some SMG's, pistols, fun stuff like that.

I agree on that maskless Wolvy thing, some people just don't have self control. I mean yea without the mask he looks kinda cool, but it's not that big of a deal...and hey in the 5-pack you get Rogue! They would've gotten a much better deal..
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Some possible news. But take it with a grain of salt. Since who knows what this announcement could be. It could be that they're just going to make chase figures easier to get. Like they claimed to with Red Skull, but I don't see him being found by everyone.
    I wrote Jesse Falcon yesterday to ask him why they insist on these damn chase figures and he actually responded to it. see below

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 9:03 AM
    To: Falcon, Jesse
    Subject: What's up with these chase figures

Hey Jesse,
    What's up with you guys putting prime figures as chase
    figures? Jean Grey is one of the most important
    figures in the Marvel Universe and you guys are
    putting her as a chase. If that's the case, at least
    put her one to a case, not like previous chase. This
    is going to backfire big time if you keep this up.
    Look at what your customers are saying:

http://www.action-figure.com/index.p...ewtopic&t=5137

People are getting more and more fed up with the chase
    mentality. You guys are only making scalpers happy,
    everyone else hates it. Most people go looking to
    complete a collection & the chase mentality only
    drives them away, it doesn't bring them back for more.

Thanks for your time.
    Vince Collier

To: "'Vince Collier'"
    Subject: RE: What's up with these chase figures
    Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:19:29 -0500

RELAX!!!!!!

Wait until Monday and all will be revealed.

- You (and everyone else) wont be disappointed.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think it's pure BS... .let me tell you why

If they made chase figures easy to get, they wouldn't have a reason to call them chase figures anymore right? If they're not hard to get, they're not chase figures... it's really that simple.

So if they were really making them easy to get, I don't think the word "chase figure" would have been on any of the lineup lists we've seen from Toybiz. It's kinda like saying "this free toy costs $10"

Ah well, wait until Monday like Jesse says. Apparently we're not going to be dissapointed...

Hopefully I'm wrong about this. God knows I want a Phoenix figure...

Hopefully Phoenix won't be too tough to find. I've had mixed luck with the chase and variant figures:

Gold Iron Man: found at KB when still new
    T-Shirt Hulk: found several (mostly on damaged cards) at various KBs in the past few months
    Trenchcoat Thing: found two on damaged cards at KB in the past week
    Stealth Iron Man: never saw at retail
    Doombot: found one at Target
    Maskless Wolvie: never saw at retail
    Goliath: never saw at retail
    Red Skull: never saw (but still hopin')

Phoenix is a bit different from some cheeseball like Goliath or a major but not super-popular baddie like Red Skull. I hope Toy Biz knows this.

Maybe a case of only re-released chase figures on new cards may be a good idea in the future for them?

On another note, I scored Archangel, Smart Hulk, Savage Hulk, and Joe Fixit yesterday! Warren looks damn cool, even with the honkin' huge rocket launcher. His face kind of lacks the "I'm the angel of death and you better not make me mad" aspect of the character. I'm glad they chose this version and not the later "dirty old man" one.

Smart Hulk is awesome, awesome, awesome, though my wife thinks he should be the sixth member of the Fab Five. Joe Fixit is equally cool. I love how they definitely reflect the styles of the two artists who drew them in most of their adventures (Keown and McFarlane). Savage Hulk is pretty wicked, better than the movie figures or the old ML version, but I mainly got him out of a sense of obligation. Savage Hulk's just a bit boring on the comic page after 500 issues or so.
    Tommy, close your eyes.