Page 170 of 175 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1742
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Marvel Legends is continuing in 2009. Just probably without the BAF concept to keep prices down.
    Didn't say they weren't continuing. What I said was that they are on the way out.

Denial is not just a river in Egypt, after all.

Picked up some new Hulk figures tonight, including Grey Hulk, Classic Hulk, Ironclad and Bi-Beast. found them at wally world on some Hulk display as they're probably releasing them to coincide with the film being out on DVD next week.

They all look pretty solid IMHO. I found the ones with the best paint apps, so i'm pretty pleased.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Picked up some new Hulk figures tonight, including Grey Hulk, Classic Hulk, Ironclad and Bi-Beast. found them at wally world on some Hulk display as they're probably releasing them to coincide with the film being out on DVD next week.

They all look pretty solid IMHO. I found the ones with the best paint apps, so i'm pretty pleased.
    I also saw those at walmart, I only bought the classic hulk (purple pants)! I might go back for Ironclad tommorow !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hulk wave 3 action 70's hulk video game.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	18361  

Found the Classic Green Hulk from the Hulk ML wave. I heard it was a bit harder to find, but I saw two or three at the one Target I stopped at tonight, so, i think it's probably shipping a few per case.

Overall, I really dig the figure!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT14304965.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	18440  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Found the 3 figures I wanted from Target's exclusive wave.

Wolverine, Wolverine (Black), and Spiral. Not sure what to do with the Red Hulk bits.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I believe the preferred terminology is "Wolverine (African-American)."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    *Swats* Black Costume.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    But he's Canadian.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

The Monthly Q&A's with Hasbro are starting to spring up.

From Cool Toy Review:
    Hasbro's Marvel Comics Q&A: The Answers!
    Posted by Curto on October 29, 2008 at 01:00 PM CST:

We've passed on 5 of your burning Marvel Comics questions! So check out the latest scoop we've got for you this all-new, all-different monthly Q&A session with Hasbro.

Cool Toy Review: Since he picked up the mantle of Captain America, Bucky has become one of the most high profile characters in Marvel for 2008. I'm certainly glad that we got classic Bucky last year, but when can we expect to see Bucky as Cap in either the Marvel Legends or 3 3/4" scale line? (For that matter, can we look forward to a Winter Soldier figure?)

Hasbro: You have no idea what a big Cap (& Winter) fan you're talking to. The Brubaker / Epting run on Cap Am has been amazing and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next. All I can say is€you've got a friend in me.

Cool Toy Review: Will the 3 3/4 line include movie variants or is it strictly comics?

Hasbro: Marvel Universe is all Comic inspired. With almost 70 years of material and 5,000 characters we need to focus!

Cool Toy Review: Thank you Hasbro for re-releasing the Marvel Legends Kang figure! Any chance you will follow it up with his casemate, Dragon Man?? please?

Hasbro: No plans in the immediate future for a Dragon Man re-release. However, we do realize that this ask is echoed by lots of collectors. It's on the list of future possibilities.

Cool Toy Review: Does the "35 single carded figures in 2009" for the Marvel Universe line include the variants, meaning we've seen all but one of the figures at Comic-con, or are the variants not counted as figures, meaning there's still around 10 figures yet to reveal for next year?

Hasbro: Nick Fury says there are still at least 10 figures for 2009 that fans and collectors haven't seen yet. At least...

Cool Toy Review: With the focus on the Marvel Universe line in 2009, are there any plans for BAF-style characters, and if so, would they be in the typical Marvel Legends size, or something even bigger, like the ICONS scale? I think it would be great to see these lines continue on with the larger characters and bringing them under the Marvel Universe banner.

Hasbro: Very cool idea. There are a lot of larger scale characters that have NEVER been done. We want to get to those too.
    From Kastor's Corner:
    Interview: Hasbro Answers 10/08
    Written by Khalil Oct 29, 2008 at 01:49 PM

So another month closer to next years Toy Fair, and Hasbro gives us some good answers on all their Marvel lines. Find out what we find out this month inside.

Kastor: Would playsets for the Marvel Universe line be more viable if they were modular, rather than mega-sized (and possibly mega priced) items? (perhaps not BAF's but BAP's... build a playset)

Hasbro: Playsets and dioramas are definitely a realistic possibility when it comes to the 3.75" line. It becomes easier to produce these environments (and vehicles) at an appealing price point when they're in this scale. However, a BAP could be tough to execute without afftecting price points throughout the rest of the line.

Kastor: Would you consider offering blank bodies for Marvel Universe figures (similar to the blank Muggs) on Hasbrotoyshop.com for 3.75" scale customizers?

Hasbro: It hasn't been discussed before but we like to throw all sorts of wild ideas on the table we hope to look in to this further.

Kastor: Who are the artists/sculptors on the SHS line? Is it a team or an individual?

Hasbro: There's a pretty big Super Hero Squad team that includes lots of designers, sculptors, engineers, painters and the list goes on and on. For that reason we usually don't call out specific individuals. If we did it wouldn't be a short list, it would be more like film credits.

Kastor: You mentioned in the last Q&A that you had no new Squad Megas slated for the immediate future. Does that mean that Ultimate Hulk, Deco Galactus, and the rumored Wendigo and Mega Sandman were canceled?

Hasbro: A couple of the figures that you mentioned have been fully developed (Ultimate Hulk) and will still get used in the Squad line but not in the 2 pack format.

Kastor: I see more Wolverines and Spidermen, so people are passing on those figures because of the increase. Was the price increase on Marvel Legends at Target ( 50%) something that was known in advance? How do you think this will impact the line at Target Stores, when Walmart is still at the $10 mark? Do you know if they are aware that they raised the price on the non-exclusives?

Hasbro: You'll see more Spidey's and Wolvies in the RULK wave for sure. There are two of each per case compared with one per case for some of the more fan favorite characters. We know that collectors want the Adam Warlocks and Spirals, but the best known characters are the ones that drive the largest volume, hence enabling us to do all the others. With respect to price, that's a retailer decision and we don't control it, but we can say that both the Red Hulk and Ares waves seem to be very popular.
    From Figures.Com:
    Hasbro MARVEL Q & A for October, 2008

Hasbro continues their Marvel Q & A program, focusing on their extensive Marvel toy license, including Marvel Legends, Superhero Squad and upcoming Marvel Univese. This month's Q&A brings fans a wealth of news on the Marvel Univere "Fury Files," Wolverine movie figures, Marvel Transformers, and more. Read on...

FIGURES.COM: The first wave of Marvel Universe 3 " figures have been dubbed the Fury Files. Please tell us more about the reasoning behind this theme and what fans can expect.

HASBRO: Nick Fury and the Fury Files are a huge part of the Marvel Universe toyline. This theme actually spans the entire first year and you can get a sneak peek now on the Fury Files website - FuryFiles.com.

Collectors will get an original document from Nick's top secret files in every package as well a code that can be used on FuryFiles.com to unlock additional memos and information. All of this original content has been created in partnership with Marvel publishing so that it ties in tightly with what's going on in the Marvel U at this very moment. Fans can expect to get exclusive access to all sorts of SHIELD memos and secrets with every purchase.

FIGURES.COM: Can fans expect future Marvel Universe waves to be characterized by a uniting theme such as the "Fury Files" and what themes or types of themes can we expect to see in future waves?

HASBRO: The Fury Files is actually the theme for all of 2009 so we'll be focusing on that for the first 5 waves of figures. You will see some other sub-themes come into play, but Fury and SHIELD is the dominating storyline.

Make sure to check out the Fury Files website in two weeks when we launch "Bullets from Fury," a new feature that will be updated daily and penned by Nick Fury himself!

FIGURES.COM: Hasbro has taken Marvel into the successful, morphing world of Transformers. Aside from the revealed Hulk and Iron Man Transformers, what are a few new Marvel Transformers fans can expect to see soon?

HASBRO: There's a new Human Torch Jet and a Wolverine 4x4 truck hitting shelves right about now along with a new black costume Spider-Man (motorcycle) and a Savage Grey version of the Hulk (tank). Fans can also look forward to their favorite shield-slinging Avenger along with a couple of other new characters in the subsequent wave.

FIGURES.COM: Hasbro recently took on the Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon with a line of figures. With a wealth of Marvel animated titles on the way -- including Hulk: Gamma Corps, Iron Man: Armored Adventures, and others -- does Hasbro have plans to turn any of these animated shows into toy lines and, if so, which ones and when?

HASBRO: We can't reveal too many specifics here but we can tell you that we've seen some sneak peaks of the upcoming 2009 animation and we're all fired up. You can rest assured that kids and fans alike will see some cool toys resulting from all of this awesome animation.

FIGURES.COM: Are there currently any plans to release a toy line based on the upcoming live-action Wolverine film and, if so, when can we expect to see the figures, what scale will they be, and which characters can fans expect to get?

HASBRO: The short answer is yes.

If you were at SDCC you probably saw the teaser banner in the Hasbro booth that displayed the Wolverine logo with a "Coming in Spring 2009". Can't give you much more than that but if you're a fan of the rebel with claws... you're going to be happy.
    From Superhero Times:
    Hasbro MARVEL Q & A for October, 2008

Hasbro continues their Marvel Q & A program, focusing on their extensive Marvel toy license, including Marvel Legends, Superhero Squad and upcoming Marvel Univese. Will we see a Marvel Legends Firestar? Peg holes on Marvel Universe? Read on...

SUPERHEROTIMES (SHT): Articulation and poseability are clearly major concerns on the upcoming Marvel Universe 3 " figures. For display purposes, will all figures include standard holes in the bottom of their feet and are there any plans to release bases with the figures and/or separately?

HASBRO: There will be peg holes on the feet for all figures in the line. We're not planning to include stands with the single carded figures in 2009 but you might see them in another 3.75" offering .

SHT: Since the initial Marvel Universe information began circulating online, there has been a great deal of talk regarding the lack of female figures. Which female figures can we expect to join the heroes in the new line and when can we expect this to happen?

HASBRO: The goal with this line is to cover the broadest spectrum of characters in the Universe; with that being said, there will be most definitely be more female figures in line, you just have to be patient. We've only announced the first three waves! If we have our way you'll get some characters that you've never seen before. Nothing is off the table! Except maybe Agatha Harkness...

FAN QUESTION: Could fans possibly see Marvel Legends from super groups not currently in the limelight? Groups like the Thunderbolts, Hellfire Club, The Runaways, The Exiles, New Warriors, Young Avengers, Hellions, Brotherhood of Evil Mutants and former Xavier students are just a some of the potential in the Marvel universe...

HASBRO: You left out Heroes for Hire, X-Factor and the whole cast of Annihilation! How about Guardians of the Galaxy and Sebastian Shaw's Club? As long as these lines are successful we'll continue to dive deeper into the character portfolio. Believe me... we're with you!

FAN QUESTION: With the recent appearances of Spider-Man and his amazing friends in some of the spin-off comics, are there any plans to release a 6" Firestar in the Marvel Legends line?

HASBRO: Anjelica Jones definitely needs her own Marvel Legend! There are no current plans for Firestar, but she's got a strong advocate right here!

FAN QUESTION: Recent Marvel Legends releases have seen in an increase in price (Fing Fang Foom/Red Hulk wave). Will the $15 SRP remain the going rate or can fans expect to see some economic toy relief in the near future?

HASBRO: Pricing is ultimately a retailer decision, but the price on the Fin Fang Foom Wave was most certainly driven by the size of the BAF - that thing was huge! In general, you can expect to see the prices of upcoming waves vary slightly from one retailer to another.

And Action Figs has their Q&A up with Hasbro now as well.
    Latest Round of Hasbro Marvel Q&A
    By Beast Published: October 30, 2008

Here is the latest round of Hasbro Marvel Q&A.
    Our Rhode Island S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives inside Hasbro have come through with yet another informative round of answers to our monthly questions about Hasbro's hit Marvel Toy Lines. And while much of the information for next year is still classified Top Secret by Nick Fury until Toy Fair in February, we've managed to get a few speculation sparking answers out of them. So here's this month's Q&A and we'll be back again soon with five more.

ActionFigs: Will we be seeing a figure line similar to the Spectacular Spider-Man line released in 2009 in conjunction with the Wolverine and the X-Men animated series?

Hasbro: Marvel's animation pipeline looks crazy awesome for 2009 and we'd have to be crazy not to take advantage of it. With that said... can't tell ya.

ActionFigs: Early information regarding the price point of the X-Men Origins: Wolverine figure line has shown up on Target's computer systems. $7.99 for basic figures and $10.99 for Battle Packs. Since the price point matches Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and G.I. Joe does this mean the line is in the Marvel Universe 3 3/4" scale?

Hasbro: Mmmm, you're crafting these questions very carefully in order to trick me into giving something away! It's a good thing I'm a highly trained agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. My magic 8 ball says "maybe".

ActionFigs: Will we be seeing a dedicated sub-line of Wolverine based Super Hero Squad figures, much like we got with Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Incredible Hulk to tie-in with the X-Men Origins: Wolverine film and/or Wolverine and the X-Men animated series? And if so, would it be 2-Packs like Spidey/Hulk or 4-Packs like Iron Man?

Hasbro: Next year will be a huge year for the Super Hero Squad with a new comic hitting shelves in January and a major animated project underway. There will be plenty of Squad style Wolverine to go around in an Origins movie year but that's all we can say at the moment.

ActionFigs: We're loving the Marvel Universe figure line, but we were surprised by the lack of X-Men characters in the line. In the first 35 or so figures you debuted at SDCC, only 2 X-Men were included. Wolverine (X-Force) and Colossus. We were hoping for Beast! But with next year being a big one for all things X, are you taking it easy with X-Men in Marvel Universe so as to not overwhelm collectors who's primary focus is X-Men?

Hasbro: Glad you're excited, we are too. But hold on a second, we're getting carried away here. We have only revealed one X-Man (X-Force Wolverine) but we've only revealed the first 3 waves of 2009. There were plenty of figs that we didn't reveal there as well. Don't worry X-Fans, we haven't forgotten about the greatest mutant super team ever assembled! We've got all sorts of surprises in our back pocket for 2009, but Nick Fury himself guards this information!

ActionFigs: Since Hasbro is doing Comic Packs in Star Wars, G.I. Joe, and now Marvel Universe... is there a chance we might see something like the Star Wars Evolutions Packs also show up in the MU line? Such as "Evolution of The Beast" w/ Human (O5 X-Men), Avengers Apeman (Perez), Feline (Astonishing X-Men) versions of Beast, or "Evolution of The Phoenix" w/ Phoenix (Green), Dark Phoenix (Red), and White Phoenix of the Crown (White) versions of Jean Grey? Both of which would be brilliant.

Hasbro: Both very cool ideas and both possible. How about an Adam Warlock evolution pack? No wait..Wonder Man! We have all sorts of fun things in store for the 3.75" line - everything is in play right now.