Page 20 of 175 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Got confirmation on the Deadpool, Wolverine: Weapon X, and Johnny Blaze heads. From RTM's forums. Here's some intresting scoops on the line.
    Hey guys,
    I've been collecting a pile of questions from everyone on what we've seen at Toy Fair from ToyBiz.

I just spoke to Jesse and here's the deal.

1) Storm will have a cape. She wasn't done at the Toy Fair.

2) Tony Stark IS Silver Centurion Iron Man - so when he gets a peekable helmet, it won't be anyone but Tony under the lid.

3) There are variants we've all talked about - Dark Phoenxix, Liefeld Cable, Blonde Black Widow, clear Vision....but then there are the other heads seen - Deadpool unmasked, Weapon X un-helmeted, Ghost Rider (not seen) as Johnny Blaze. These are NOT variants - the figures will come with the extra heads included, cause 2 heads are better than 1! HA! ahem...

4) Green Goblin - the other head shown was there to illustrate what he looks like without the clear-bubble-tinted eye pieces he'll be getting ala Alex Ross' artwork in Marvels! So, there is NOT a variant there.

5) The Mr. Fantastic ball is not a superball as I had referred to it somewhere...it'll bounce if you throw it hard enough. But then again, so will a lot of toys that aren't meant to be thrown around by a certain precocious 2-year old little girl I know who likes to knock things off of their perfectly set display... HONEY! DON'T TOUCH DADDY'S TOYS!!!!

*ahem*...

6) The Vision's base will be like Deadpools cast in clear plastic. They were black at Toy Fair to match the background of the display.

I, for one, am completely psyched for this year's output...everyone has their opinions, and you can never make everyone happy at the same time, but c'mon! These are some amazing figures. When you think back to just a few years ago at the difference in the sculpts and paint and articulation - with really not that much of an inflation in cost - these are golden years for Marvel fans!

-RTMike
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

"I, for one, am completely psyched for this year's output...everyone has their opinions, and you can never make everyone happy at the same time, but c'mon! These are some amazing figures. When you think back to just a few years ago at the difference in the sculpts and paint and articulation - with really not that much of an inflation in cost - these are golden years for Marvel fans!"

I couldn't agree more with this paragraph. Packing the extra heads is a great and unexpected move by Toybiz - bravo! This is gonna be a big year for Toybiz fans!

The only thing that could improve the line at this point IMO would be the elimination of ALL chase figures.

Indeed, actually I haven't seen anyone who's dissed the whole thing. He's completely right on the differences from a few years ago.. I have a 90's Spider-man TAS figure that then could've been considered "super articulated" with my Spider-man 2 figure. Vast difference. Considering my Spidey TAS figure only has 12 points.

I'm glad they're packing in the extra heads now, I'm sure people would've been pretty mad if they had done like the Wolverine variants. No news on Iceman still being worked on? His head needs some major work!

Storm's a definite buy now though since she'll have her cape and all!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Somebody posted a pic over at the hulk boards i post at of the Dock Ock figure, just a MUCH better shot of him. I like it aside from the uh, oversculpting on his private region. you'll see what i mean. cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ock.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	7686  
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 02-22-2004 at 02:07 PM. Reason: My pic was too large! d'oh1
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Woah, Hulk Classics Series 1 just came out. And people are already finding Hulk Classics Series 2. Weird. So far just Gamma w/ Bruce Banner, War, and Mecha Hulk w/ Gremlin have turned up. Either the guy that found them missed the Absorbing Man, or he's not shipping just yet. Here's some pics.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Name:	Gamma Hulk vs. Mecha Hulk & Gremlin.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	7756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gamma Vs. Series 1 Savage Hulk.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	7757   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	War Hulk with Mask & Armor.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	7758   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	War Hulk Unmasked.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	7759   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bruce Banner's Scale with War Hulk.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	7760  

Here's a couple more pics. Mostly of Mecha and Gremlin. The Mecha Hulk is pretty dang snazzy looking. Especially with his firing chesticle missles.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Name:	Mecha Hulk's Chesticle Missles.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	7761   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gremlin.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	7762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	War Hulk - Armorless.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	7763   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gamma Hulk with Thing.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	7764   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bruce, Mr. Fantastic, and Thing - Scale Comparison.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	7765  

Nice pics JJB. Thanks for posting that! I'll be getting all of these hopefully....

Since people are finding these already, I hope that doesn't mean that wave one has stopped shiping.... I still need the Abomination!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Nice pics JJB. Thanks for posting that! I'll be getting all of these hopefully....

Since people are finding these already, I hope that doesn't mean that wave one has stopped shiping.... I still need the Abomination!!
    I hear that!! From what Binksy told me, Abomination is popping up in the states, moreso then usual. Hopefully he'll become less of a pain to find; hell, i'm looking for two; that's gonna suck!!

Does anybody else think that pic of Banner and Richards shaking hands is beyond funny? The Thing just has the best facial expression like, "There, see, isn't that all better? we can be friends!" Maybe i'm just crazy.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I need Mecha Hulk just for Gargoyle. He is awesome. I hope I can find something soon, I am so discouraged. I still have not even seen anything from Marvel Legends V, X-Men classics, or Hulk CLassics.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."