Page 21 of 175 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Has anyone here actually found the New X-Men or Hulk Classics figures at retail in the US? Our retailers are usually WAY behind up here for Marvel figures, so I wasn't expecting to find them any time soon - I just hadn't heard any reports of anyone finding them down south yet.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yo jjreason,
    I've found all except for that damn Abomination figure. I don't see them in great quantities or anything. I do see the X-men more than the hulk line though, the Tiger stripe wolvie is starting to warm the pegs around here .

Hopefully they'll start showing up in larger numbers, I really want one of those Abominations!

Well I'm already keeping an eye out for Guyute, so if I come across any abundance of them I guess I'll scoop them all for users here! One e-tailer up here reported in January that his store would be getting both of these lines in February. I emailed to be on the wait list for Fixit and Abomination (none of the X-Men appeal to me, sadly enough). Still haven't heard anything, but I'll post in here if it comes to pass.

Right on JJ! Thanks!

BTW: I do have an extra fixit on a very nice minty card. He really is a great figure! You can have it if you need it, just LMK.

Oddly enough, I've found all but Cyclops, who a friend got for me. Only seen Abomination once and Archangel twice, though.

I must say they're extremely disappointing. Same price as Marvel Legends, but very inferior plastic. Archangel is so top-heavy there's no possible way to stand him without removing his wings.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Right on JJ! Thanks!

BTW: I do have an extra fixit on a very nice minty card. He really is a great figure! You can have it if you need it, just LMK.
    I appreciate the offer, and might very well take you up on it. Im going to email Legends today and see what the heck is going on with their shipment.

Chux - well done! I didn't think the Gambit looked anywhere near as good as ML Gambit, Cyclops is too burly, Arcangel's face I didn't like, and Wolverine - same as Gambit. I'm happy with the ones I already have. Cyke should be just about due for the ML treatment anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I appreciate the offer, and might very well take you up on it. Im going to email Legends today and see what the heck is going on with their shipment.

Chux - well done! I didn't think the Gambit looked anywhere near as good as ML Gambit, Cyclops is too burly, Arcangel's face I didn't like, and Wolverine - same as Gambit. I'm happy with the ones I already have. Cyke should be just about due for the ML treatment anyway.
    Just wondering - the dictionary defines "burly" as being strong and stout with a broad frame; I've actually thought the X-Men Classics Cyclops was just the opposite of that. Granted the character's nickname is "slim" due to the fact that he was supposedly quite thin early on in his history, but he was actually quite buff by the time of Jim Lee's X-Men. Considering the fact that this is the version the figure is designed after, I actually thought he wasn't "burly" enough.

I guess by "burly" I mean too muscular. I think it's the definition to the muscles that turns me off. In my mind Scott is 6"1' and goes about 175 pounds. Thin build, narrow to medium in the shoulders. This guy looks like an NFL linebacker - from the pictures I've seen. We don't have them up here at retail yet.

I don't think every superhero has be Schwarzennegger. Look at the ML Reed Richards figure - doesn't everyone agree that he's too buff? What's wrong with putting out a good figure that has less than 8 defined abdominal muscles?

I said I found Gambit, but he was easy to pass on. A piece of crap compared to the figure only recently unseated by 20th Anniversary Prime as the coolest of all time: ML Gambit!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Heh, yes, that Gambit is a piece of crap compared to the ML version. I'll agree with you on that.

He's got red light up eyes (which actually look pretty cool when lit up), but only works when this huge ugly gun is plugged into his back - bleh!

Plus, they didn't include his staff or cards - boo!

And his legs seem to be permamently stuck in a wide stance - feh!

That's the worst figure in the assortment IMO (I still bought him though ).

My favorite in this line is Cyclops who has a great sculpt IMO. I think it captures the Jim Lee look just fine. Only drawback on this one is that you have to plug the figure stand into his back to get the light up eyes feature to work (although it doesn't look nearly as bad as Gambits gun).

I really like the Archangel & New X-Men wolvie too (you have to fix his leather jacket to make him look right). And don't even bother tryiong to stand Archangel with his wings on, just too top heavy... I plan on hanging mine from my office ceiling with fishing line so he looks like he's in flight .

One thing I notice is that the quality seems better on the Hulk classics vs the X-Men classics. Anyone else notice this too, or have I lost my mind again?