Page 22 of 175 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Well I have yet to see any Hulk Classics, but from Gambit and Wolverine (the only 2 i have seen) they don't look that great.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

The Hulk figures are much better made than the X-Men Classics, IMHO, but still pale in comparison to the Marvel Legends.

It seems like they added cheesy action features for kiddies and cut the quality of the plastic to keep them roughly the same price as the Legends. But call me crazy, but who other than an adult collector will even remember who Joe Fixit or the Smart Hulk are? I'd be happy if they killed both these lines and just made more Legends.

I also think maybe they should cut the Spidey line and do "theme waves" of Legends. Maybe one wave could be all Avengers (with a Hulk or related character stuck in there), then the next could be all X-Men, then all Spidey and related characters, then a wave of X-Men, a wave of various, another wave of X-Men, a wave of Ultimates and/or other "alternate reality" characters, then repeat the sequence. (I stuck a lot more X-Men in there not only because of my personal preference, but because there are more mutant characters that folks would want overall.)

And who wants a ML Luke Cage and Iron Fist?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    The Hulk figures are much better made than the X-Men Classics, IMHO, but still pale in comparison to the Marvel Legends.

It seems like they added cheesy action features for kiddies and cut the quality of the plastic to keep them roughly the same price as the Legends. But call me crazy, but who other than an adult collector will even remember who Joe Fixit or the Smart Hulk are? I'd be happy if they killed both these lines and just made more Legends.

I also think maybe they should cut the Spidey line and do "theme waves" of Legends. Maybe one wave could be all Avengers (with a Hulk or related character stuck in there), then the next could be all X-Men, then all Spidey and related characters, then a wave of X-Men, a wave of various, another wave of X-Men, a wave of Ultimates and/or other "alternate reality" characters, then repeat the sequence. (I stuck a lot more X-Men in there not only because of my personal preference, but because there are more mutant characters that folks would want overall.)

I have to agree with the Spidey figures in MArvel Legends. The spider-man line villians are just a little lacking if you ask me. I was and am so pumped to see Doc Oc in Marvel Legends, I really hope the trend continues and more Spider-Man villians will appear in Marvel Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    I have to agree with the Spidey figures in MArvel Legends. The spider-man line villians are just a little lacking if you ask me. I was and am so pumped to see Doc Oc in Marvel Legends, I really hope the trend continues and more Spider-Man villians will appear in Marvel Legends.
    I don't necessarily mind them having different lines going - but the gap in quality has to narrow. The older, Spider-Man Classics line (came with the comics) was almost as good as ML in the beginning. The Rhino and Ditka Era Spidey from that line are 2 of my all time favorites. The line then evolved (devolved?) in the Spider-Man collection continuing to date, wherein countless Spideys are released with few being worth the money (I personally haven't bought ANY Spideys from this line) and the villains aren't of the same quality. Except Hobgoblin, he's ridiculously fine.

Compare Doc Ock and Lizard to Rhino - there's no comparison. The Venom figure was terrible, and I personally passed on Morbius (hated the face) and Kraven - though I wish now I'd purchased Kraven. I've still never seen the "Manga" style Green Goblin figure at retail, but will likely pass as there's a better one slated for later on this year (shown at Toy Fair).

3 Lines: Marvel Legends (I agree with EP - Thanos NEEDS to be made a priority here, along with Black Panther), X-Men Legends, and Spider-Man Legends (and heck HAVE your Hulk Legends for all I care, I just don't see how they can keep that line alive very long on it's own). All with comics. All WITHOUT distraction features. All compatible in scale and size. That's how I'd do it.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Still NO luck with that damned Abomination. A fellow collector stumbled across wave 2 of the Hulk Classics and is hooking me up with them. I have yet to see any huge retail amounts of the HC figures. I came across a few at KB and got my hopes up as abomination has been showing up at KB's, but no luck.

I did see the Logan and Gambit figures for XMC and man, they looked HORRIBLE. Words cannot express the terror I felt upon seeing these pieces o' crap. I am anxious to see the Hulk classics wave 2 up close and personal.

I'm giving my hunt for abomination till the end of my spring break next sunday, after that, i'm blowing $$ on e-bay to pick two up. Thanks for keeping your eyes out, JJR! Cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I don't necessarily mind them having different lines going - but the gap in quality has to narrow. The older, Spider-Man Classics line (came with the comics) was almost as good as ML in the beginning. The Rhino and Ditka Era Spidey from that line are 2 of my all time favorites. The line then evolved (devolved?) in the Spider-Man collection continuing to date, wherein countless Spideys are released with few being worth the money (I personally haven't bought ANY Spideys from this line) and the villains aren't of the same quality. Except Hobgoblin, he's ridiculously fine.

Compare Doc Ock and Lizard to Rhino - there's no comparison. The Venom figure was terrible, and I personally passed on Morbius (hated the face) and Kraven - though I wish now I'd purchased Kraven. I've still never seen the "Manga" style Green Goblin figure at retail, but will likely pass as there's a better one slated for later on this year (shown at Toy Fair).

3 Lines: Marvel Legends (I agree with EP - Thanos NEEDS to be made a priority here, along with Black Panther), X-Men Legends, and Spider-Man Legends (and heck HAVE your Hulk Legends for all I care, I just don't see how they can keep that line alive very long on it's own). All with comics. All WITHOUT distraction features. All compatible in scale and size. That's how I'd do it.
    Well that Spider-Man you speak of finished, the line we have now is not the same line, thats the problem. I agree that 2 wave series that came out was awesome.

As for you missing out on Kraven, no worries he will beincluded in the Sinister Six Box Set with the Green Goblin you speak of.

In my mind the Spider-Man series we have now (red "Spider-Man" cards with webs) started with the wave including Doc Ock and Lizard, and continues today through the Manga Green Goblin wave (sorry, it's way easier for me to quantify it along villain lines, I have no idea how many Spideys there have been, or which came out at what times, I just know I haven't liked many of them). The Spider-Man "Classics" series was only 2 waves (and an elusive KB Toys exclusive), and came packed with comics. These actually preceded the first wave of Marvel Legends, from what I remember.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

That sounds right to me JJ. There were two waves of 4 Spider-Man classics (with 1 variant), and 2 KB exclusives (spider clone, & 2099 SM). I have all of 'em busted loose (except the yellow Daredevil).

These evolved into the Marvel Legends line. They continue to do the SM Classics line, just on different packaging. And of course, the figures are different. They already covered regular versions of Spider-Man, but since they insist on making waves of 3 SM's & 1 villan, they have to stretch for ideas and make stupid versions of the same old red costumed SM (with lame action feature accessories and such).......

Personally, I'm all over all the villans in the SMC line. I think they're great. Kraven comes to mind as one of the better ones.

Anyone else think it's ridiculous that no one at Mattel has ever seemed to notice the success of the Marvel Legends line and done something comparable with the DC heroes license? You'd think they'd try to latch on to that market by producing a DC Comics line with the same extreme diversity of characters, attention to accuracy and detail, and the same excessive amounts of articulation. Instead we get the same Batman figure over and over in different colors, with different snap on crap and nobody for him to fight - and a Justice League line wherein the team seems to consist solely of Batman, occasional assisted by Superman with absolutely no one for them to mete justice on.

Thank God for Marvel Legends!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Power Man and Iron Fist are a must for Marvel Legends.