Page 27 of 175 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Marvel Figures (Large List)

I guess he just seemed hard to get because of the low numbers of figures from series V we've seen up here period. Only 2 stores got series V, and I've only seen the one Nick on the pegs. I've seen about 3 Elektras, and I rate the 2 figures as being close to equal on the "tough to get scale" (just seen many more cases of wave IV put out here).

I haven't seen Red Skull (or any of the other tricky "real" chase figures either, for that matter).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yeah.. most kids these days have no idea who Nick Fury is. My nephew says "Nick who?" as he's grabbing for the X-characters . All we've really had from Fury lately was the insane MAX series. That was not for kids, but it was a fun read!

I think it's a great figure though. Along with the gun, he also has the jetpack (a very nice accessory/stand). The only thing that could've made him better would be if he came with a big fat cigar.

Oh yeah JJ,
    Mr. Fantastic is a one per case figure too. You see much of him around? Out here he's about as common as old Nick!

Out here the only figures that don't seem common are Silver Surfer and Blade. Mr. Fantastic seems plentiful in my area.

I saw a bunch of Silver Surfers, Fury's, and Mr. Fantastic.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

For ML 5 up here I have seen a grand total of approximately:

1 surfer (Zellers)
    2 Mr. Fantastics (1 at each store, Zellers and TRU)
    2 Sabretooths (both at TRU - one left with my name on it)
    2 Blades (both at Zellers)
    0 Red Skulls

That's it. WalMart hasn't gotten any, but they're over run with wave 4 right now.

Any one spotting Hulk CLassics? Wave 1 or 2?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    2 Blades (both at Zellers)
    What type of Blades are y'all getting? Poster books or comic books? On ebay I see alot of Canadians with the comic book version..
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    Any one spotting Hulk Classics? Wave 1 or 2?
    Both, but not much at all. Seems pretty spotty distribution wise near me.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    Any one spotting Hulk CLassics? Wave 1 or 2?
    Hulk classics wave one has showed up around here plenty of times (still haven't seen Abomination though), and so far I've only found Savage Hulk w/Banner from wave 2. I wish these were more common as they are great figures IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    What type of Blades are y'all getting? Poster books or comic books? On ebay I see alot of Canadians with the comic book version..
    I've only seen the poster book version of Blade so far..

-----

I found a Marvel Select Green Goblin the other day, and it is sweet. So nice that I didn't hesitate to fork over the ridiculously high retail price ($20). I really like the look of it, and ToyBiz has been boosting the articulation with the last few Marvel Select figures. I count 20 on Green Goblin! He, and the tied-up Spider Man accessory have a very good paint job.

His glider is awesome too. Judging from the pics in Toyfare, it looks much better than the one with the upcoming Marvel Legends Sinister Six box set (so does the figure IMO).

Here's a few pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marvel Select Green Goblin.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	8118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marvel Select Green Goblin 2.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	8119  
    Last edited by Reefer Shark; 04-18-2004 at 02:15 AM.

I'm sure the Blade figures were both packed with the gold poster, LTB. For whatever reason we seem to get them mainly with the posters up here, that's why I've bought quite a few of mine online... just to get the reprint classic comic.