Page 56 of 175 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Marvel Figures (Large List)

I'm not sure what to make of those pics. They look very classic-comic style, not very much like the film version from what I've seen. Interesting..

I finally scored some decent ML figs the other day:

Picked up Iceman, Man-Thing, and Doc Ock at Wal-Mart. Then found Storm (regular ver) at K-Mart. I had gotten there just a moment too late at Wal-Mart, another person was walking away with Black Widow. Rats!!

And I just bought a Sandman figure off ebay for $9. Not too bad if you ask me!

Since I've been home sick all day and I'm bored, here's a few pics of my goodies.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marvel legends iceman and storm.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	10050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marvel legends man thing and doc ock.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	10051  

Is that Thing figure the ML one? It kinda looks like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Since I've been home sick all day and I'm bored, here's a few pics of my goodies.
    Ice Man and Storm: Protectors of Darth Vader!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Yup, that's the ML Man-Thing. Unfortunately, my crappy camera lost all the wonderful details (like his red eyes, etc...) The figure really looks great in person.

Anyone need a Spider-Man Classics Carnage figure? I managed to score a few extra over the weekend. I'm into trading for ML. PM me if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Yup, that's the ML Man-Thing. The figure really looks great in person.
    It's a super figure. I'm so frigging happy that I ended up finding one and didn't have to cough up $25 or whatever to get one at my local comicbook shop.

It's a perfect example of why this toy line is so fun to me.

When I was a kid, back in the late '70s - early '80s, we used to sit around and talk about how cool it would be to have toys like this -- not that we could have ever imagined them like this. We'd talk about how crazy it would be to have toys or even **gasp** a movie made about the X-Men.

Now, to get stuff like this, and to have characters that are as relatively obscure as Man-Thing or Dr. Strange, really blows me away.
    plasticfetish.net

Snagged a ML Black Widow, Doc Ock, and Man-Thing off of amazon.com on Monday - if anyone still needs, keep checking this link - they may put them back up.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...025862-9236112

Do you still have the link for Doc Ock? I'd like to watch that.

If anybody's a really big fan of McFarlane or Todd's Spider-Man design, Toy Biz recently released in the Sandman assortment a really great McF style spidey. It's even got individual finger articulation!

It comes with a huge base like Manga Spider-Man and Wall Crawl Gollum which is pretty nice. If anybody is going to look for it, the full name is "Super Poseable Spider-Man with Wall Crawl Action" and he's got three grey missiles (don't worry, they fire off the base) and a Kennedy half dollar-sized Spidey logo next to him in the package.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

[QUOTE=LTBasker]Do you still have the link for Doc Ock? I'd like to watch that.
    QUOTE]

Here you go, dude.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

-Blue Snag

The return of a 4" line of Superhero Figures. Mini Marvel Legends!!
    Marvel Legend Style 4" Figures For 2005

by Jay at 08:22:03 PM on 01/27/2005

I have been sitting on this news for a while now but since it's apprently leaked from the UK Toy Fair I feel I can go on and spill the beans. Toy Biz is launching a new line of 4" Marvel Legend type figures. The same scuplts as ML but scaled down to the size of 4". They are called being called Marvel Super Hero Showdown.

They are starting out with 2-packs

Starter sets:
    Hulk & Wolverine - 2 pcs
    Spider-Man & Thing 4 pcs

and then doing single carded ones that will include the following.

Marvel Super Hero Showdown Battle Pack Asst 1 - Item #: 72800
    Black Costumer Spider-Man - 4 pcs
    Dock Ock - 3 pcs
    Ghostrider - 3 pcs
    Punisher - 2 pcs
    Berserker Wolverine - chase

Item #: 72810
    Iron Man - 3 pcs
    Human Torch - 4 pcs
    Dr. Doom - 2 pcs
    Captain America - 3 pcs
    Spider Sense Spider-Man - chase

I am told these will have every bit the articulation and detail as the 6" versions. They were described to be as if Dr. Pym sprinkled his Pym Particles on the 6" Marvel legends to shrink them down to 4". Whether the final versions really are that exact remains to be seen. The case breakdowns are from the Canadian Distributor Grand, so they could be different for the U.S. And of course line-ups are subject to change.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    The return of a 4" line of Superhero Figures. Mini Marvel Legends!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Damn, you beat me to it. I kind of wish the line was always this size. Nice to see they will continue on with Marvel Legends at least.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Here's something fun for you guys. A look at the unproduced Professor Xavier figure with hoverchair. Originally the Professor Xavier figure that's coming in ML9 was supposed to come with his infamous gold Shiar hoverchair. While it was sculpted and planned, it was dropped at the last minute for the 'movie' chair. This was done because the hoverchair wouldn't fit on the card with the Galactus Head. Hopefully a future Boxset will include the Xavier with hover chair. But here's a cool look at what might have been.

Frankly I think I prefer hoverchair version of the figure. The headsculpt is better (less femme), and I even like the suit and tie color better. Hopefully he does get released at some point. Because this is a really good variant that should see the light of day. But not in so limited numbers that noone can get one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hoverchair Xavier.JPG 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	10078   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProfessorX.jpg 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	10079  
    Last edited by Beast; 01-28-2005 at 07:36 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.