Page 62 of 175 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Marvel Figures (Large List)

Found Galactus wave (all but Prof. X) at K-Mart tonight. Bought Dr. Strange and Bullseye variant this time... holding off on the rest until after I see a Prof. X (like to get them for less at Target also.)

Edit (update): Well, I've got mixed feelings about this Dr. Strange figure. For the most part I like it and I'm happy to have it, because it's a nice looking figure. Yet there's some things that I'm a little dissapointed with... like the cloak, which limits how you can pose him, and his weak ankles that can't hold him up while he's wearing the cloak. Would have been nice if the Eye of Agamotto was open also.

So, given that this was one of the figures that I was most looking forward to (along with Vision who I never found, and the Man Thing that I loved) I'd have to say that it's good, but not great.
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 03-20-2005 at 05:14 AM.
    plasticfetish.net

I found the majority of this wave at Wal-Mart. No variants around and I still need Nightcrawler and War Machine but overall I'm pretty impressed with this wave. So far Dr. Strange is my favorite but you make some good points regarding his limitations PF. Deathlok looks far better than I thought he would and it was nice to see Prof. X's wheelchair come with the X spokes rather than the solid wheel thats pictured on the card.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I saw the whole wave except Nightcrawler and Hulk at a local Wal-Mart this last week. They all looked great, and I was very tempted to buy them and cancel my pre-order for a case of this wave - but I held back....

I found some of them, at least 2 cases worth of Prof. X (4) and 2 grey Hulks, 2 Dr. Stranges and 1 Deathlok. The bad part? Most of them looked like they had been molested by a sledge hammer. I can't believe out of two cases that's all they had left!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Through some quirky twist of luck (or maybe the Force...I dunno), I went down the action figure aisle at Wal-Mart @ 11:30 pm on Friday and walked right into an associate filling the pegs with an entire box full of Series 9. I was able to grab an entire set of figures with the two variants.

As I got to the register, I just kept thinking "Man, I wish I collected these!!!" Instead, I was just buying them for another collector I know. When I left, the pegs were still about 2/3rds full. Next afternoon...completely empty!! Up here in NE Pennsylvania, it seems as though this is a line that will disappear on you unless you arrive at just the right time.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

This line rules holy (insert expletive of choice here).
    I really can NOT believe that we live in a time with so many cool toy lines going on. I will buy the Series 11 Logan with motorcycle. And I'm this close to buying a Man-thing...gotta stop, 4/2 is coming....hah hah!

I spotted a Fantastic Four box set at Wal-Mart this morning. The figures are probably all re-releases, but the box was smaller than the TRU FF set released last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai
    I spotted a Fantastic Four box set at Wal-Mart this morning. The figures are probably all re-releases, but the box was smaller than the TRU FF set released last year.
    Actually, that set is a pretty good deal. Reed and Sue have new paint jobs (the outfits from Jim Lee's Heroes Reborn series), The Thing is the trenchcoat chase version, and Torch is the chase version from the first box set (translucent red plastic).

I'm on the hunt for that set myself.

"Heroes Reborn," you spake?

WTF is wrong with Marvel? First they decide Cable and Deadpool not only can have their old names and costumes back, but they can get their own series -- by Rob "Reality TV Star" Liefeld and Fabien Ni-cheesy, no less -- and they suddenly qualify as "Marvel Legends"? Now they're acknowledging that the pathetic abortion called Heroes Reborn actually took place? And in recent months, I've seen at the comic shop a new Punisher 2099 series, reprints of the godawful Age of Apocalypse, and (worst of all) a new X-Force series with most of the "original" (in quotes because all the characters were knockoffs of someone) team and created by Liefeld and Nicieza? WTF?!?

Don't they know that this is the garbage that single-handedly killed the comic book industry in the 90s?!?!?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    "Heroes Reborn," you spake?

WTF is wrong with Marvel? First they decide Cable and Deadpool not only can have their old names and costumes back, but they can get their own series -- by Rob "Reality TV Star" Liefeld and Fabien Ni-cheesy, no less -- and they suddenly qualify as "Marvel Legends"? Now they're acknowledging that the pathetic abortion called Heroes Reborn actually took place? And in recent months, I've seen at the comic shop a new Punisher 2099 series, reprints of the godawful Age of Apocalypse, and (worst of all) a new X-Force series with most of the "original" (in quotes because all the characters were knockoffs of someone) team and created by Liefeld and Nicieza? WTF?!?

Don't they know that this is the garbage that single-handedly killed the comic book industry in the 90s?!?!?
    Actually the AOA stuff you're seeing is a new AOA series.

By the way, AOA was one of the best selling cross over events ever. So it's not what killed the Comic Book Industry. All the variant covers and crap did.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.