Page 70 of 175 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast

Re: Wal-Mart Major Score

Did it have the comic or the foil thing? My wal-mart got a case of the foil rereleases in awhile ago. Human Torch, ML1 Captain America and ML4 Punisher mostly...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Upcoming Marvel Figures (Large List)

I found Variant Captain America and Blond Black Widow at Wal-Mart Friday they also had Thing Doc Ock Iron man Iceman and Reg Storm all comic book versions but the Storm has been hanging there for awhile so i was surprised to find the others.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

They can't put these things out fast enough for me. 10 waves a year Toybiz! Just ease back on the variants and chase figures ( and by ease back I mean stop). These later waves are cool because their gettinginto the more obscure Marvel characters. The first few waves were gimmes in terms of popularity ( Cap? Iron Man?) but now were getting Taskmasters and Deathloks and Omega Reds making some fans scream "AWESOME!" and others go "WTF?? Where's [Character X]? Why did they make [Character Y] before making [Character Z]???"

It makes for good chatting.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Those 4" Marvel figures sure do look cool, but I noticed that even though they're basically the same as the ML figures only less than half the size - they're only a dollar cheaper! At one nearby TRU they were even the same price as the regular ML!!! Not only that, but all they come with are a few pieces of junk to play the game with - they're not even accessories. Even the Ghost Rider figure, whose ML figure came with his motorcycle, has not a single accessory at the same price. What're ToyBiz trying to pull?! I was really looking forward to this line until I saw the outrageous (and wholly unjustified) price they were asking for them. There's absolutely no way I can afford to collect both them and ML figures at that price point. They should've been no more than $5.99 tops!

I was really hoping to seem some nice Marvel boxed sets with this line - a big box of Avengers with Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Vision, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch and Black Widow (or Warbird) would've been awesome. At the price they have these figures set at that would work out to about $60+.

Very shady...

Big news in pictures from comic con:

ML11 no longer "Legendary riders" but a second doing of the Sentinel, (un)fortunately it doesn't look like they're going to resculpt the Sentinel but just give people two chances to get it.
    http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&alb...ze=800&start=0

They also fixed the head on Ultron in ML11.

They're releasing an AWESOME 12" Green Goblin

best freaking news of all though:
    ML6 and ML7 figures are now shipping in wal-mart exclusive cases with CHASE figures as regular figures!
    The assortment is: Deadpool, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, Brown Wolvie, Juggernaut (I think he's being repainted), Vision, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Phasing Ghost Rider, Phasing Vision and Goliath.

Unfortunately I guess that means all but 1 figure will be 1 per case, but it's better than nothing! Hopefully they'll have their same packages as before so we don't have to worry about variation hunters.

Build-An-Apocalypse will be a new ML series for ML12. They only have one figure pictured with him, but he looks alot better than the ML7 release!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    Big news in pictures from comic con:

best freaking news of all though:
    ML6 and ML7 figures are now shipping in wal-mart exclusive cases with CHASE figures as regular figures!
    The assortment is: Deadpool, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, Brown Wolvie, Juggernaut (I think he's being repainted), Vision, Hawkeye, Ghost Rider, Phasing Ghost Rider, Phasing Vision and Goliath.
    Aha! This is the wave that I found at Wal-mart last weekend (see my previous post) - the mystery is solved. I was wondering why all those variants were together in the same wave...now I know!

Snags

[QUOTE=LTBasker]Big news in pictures from comic con:

ML11 no longer "Legendary riders" but a second doing of the Sentinel, (un)fortunately it doesn't look like they're going to resculpt the Sentinel but just give people two chances to get it.

QUOTE]

I think that was labeled wrong. They are back to being Legendary riders.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    I think that was labeled wrong. They are back to being Legendary riders.
    That wouldn't make sense, they label them right at ToyFair and give them all vehicles, but then they have a different label at Comic Con and only give vehicles to Thing and Wolverine? And have two Sentinels displayed?

It would make sense for them to change it from Legendary Riders which was having tons of poor feedback to a second Sentinel series.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker
    That wouldn't make sense, they label them right at ToyFair and give them all vehicles, but then they have a different label at Comic Con and only give vehicles to Thing and Wolverine? And have two Sentinels displayed?

It would make sense for them to change it from Legendary Riders which was having tons of poor feedback to a second Sentinel series.
    Well i am pretty sure i read that Jesse falcon said it was amistake and that it would not be including a Sentinel, it remains riders.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Hmm, if you find where you read it please post. It would bite if it wasn't a second sentinel series...