Page 72 of 175 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Marvel Figures (Large List)

I think they should resculpt Cable and make a "Liefeld-Accurate Cable" with huge honking thighs and teeny tiny pointy widdle feet, not to mention random squiggles all over his body. He could come with a pack-in of Liefeld holding himself like he just got kicked really hard.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ooh! OOH! How 'bout this? How 'bout a Heroes for Hire boxed set with an Iron Fist variant, Power Man, Misty Knight, Shang Chi, White Tiger and classic Sabretooth?! That'd be awesome if ya ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay
    Ooh! OOH! How 'bout this? How 'bout a Heroes for Hire boxed set with an Iron Fist variant, Power Man, Misty Knight, Shang Chi, White Tiger and classic Sabretooth?! That'd be awesome if ya ask me!
    "Awesome" doesn't begin to cut it for me. I'd be dancing in the streets if they announced this.

The only thing cooler would be if Toybiz bought the rights for ROM: Spaceknight and packed him in the "Obscure But Cool Heroes" boxed set with Sleepwalker and Darkhawk.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I would have though Chux would have customized an Austin Powers Foxy Cleopatra figure to have Misty Knight by now.......

K-Billy's Super Hits of the 70's boxed set should include that bullet-head Nova, Son of Satan, and a Man-Thing repaint. Nothing I'd like more than a much bigger Man-Thing...........
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

[QUOTE=jjreason]I would have though Chux would have customized an Austin Powers Foxy Cleopatra figure to have Misty Knight by now.......QUOTE]

Dude, until now she wouldn't have an Iron Fist to make out with!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I have never heard of X-23, and i am sure it is not a Legend. I am not too impressed.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    The only thing cooler would be if Toybiz bought the rights for ROM: Spaceknight and packed him in the "Obscure But Cool Heroes" boxed set with Sleepwalker and Darkhawk.
    I like the idea of ROM: Spaceknight, he really would make a cool figure! Instead of "Obscure characters" though, I'd like to see him in a "Knights" box set with Rom: Spaceknight, Moon Knight, and Black Knight from the Avengers.

I found some new Spider-Man classics figures today at Wal-Mart. I picked up the "Buzzing Beetle", "Tail Strike Scorpion" (variant), and "web Trap Spider-Man (black and silver armored spider-man):

----
    The Spider Man pretty much sucks, he looks kinda neat though I guess with the black and silver armor, and I do remember seeing that armor in a spidey book many years ago...

He has very poor articulation. He also has that permanently fixed "missle firing arm". Didn't really notice that when I bought it. If I did, I probably would have passed on it.
    ----
    Scorpion is the exact same as the previous release, just with a different paint job - he's now a dark, metallic green, and they painted over his mouth and nose area, so it looks kinda like a ninja or ski-mask.
    ----
    The Beetle figure rocks. Definitely the best of the bunch. He's a huge monster of a figure, with great articulation and detail. His action features are "beetle buzz" and light up eyes. He has a clear sculpted head underneath the helmet, and the head lights up red. You can only see the lit up face through his helmet visor. It's very well done IMO, and it looks great.

Another cool thing about the light up feature is that it's actually a switch. You can turn it on and it stays on until you turn it off. I wish they did that with all toys that have light up features!

The buzz feature is a wind up mechanism that you crank, then push a button. Apparently it vibrates his wings, and makes a buzzing noise. I couldn't tell you if that works because the knob broke right off when I took it out of the package I guess ToyBiz will always have those quality control issues...

I wish they would've removed the action feature from Scorpion's tail.

I was planning on passing up The Beetle because of the action feature but after reading your comments Reefer he doesn't sound like he's to bad so I will at least check him out before making my decision final.

BTW, love the "Knights" idea.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Yeah, I'm with you. I don't even know who this character is. Never seen him in any comics (but then again, I don't read too much Spidey stuff these days). I was gonna pass, but couldn't resist when I saw him in person.

Cool thing about the Beetle - his actions features do not interfere with his articulation at all. If I ever find another one, I'm gonna buy it and return my broken one...

FOund the new SPider-Man wave, minus Beetle of course I picked up the armored Spidey, not that great but since i remember it from the comics i figured why not.

I would love to see an obscure characters box set, for me it would have to be Moon Knight, Sleep Walker, Dark Hawk, Beta Ray Bill, Shang Chi, and Pip.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."