Page 79 of 175 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
    Hey I found the Apocalypse Series fully stocked at target today! They didnt have Variant Wolverine or Bishop though. Somebody must have snagged them right before I got there. Its an awesome wave!

I got X23 and Bishop. Those Apocalypse pack-ins are a GREAT gimmick. X23 turned out a little different from her prototype -not as sharp but still a good figure. Bishop is awesome too.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

My Manwolf and Venom figures arrived today from an e-bay auction (hey, 14 bucks for both of them, i can't complain!) and i'm pretty happy. Manwolf is pretty good in the sculpt sense and the "howling" sound is kinda nifty. although, i'll admit, i didn't read much about him in the comics, so i don't get the whole spandex ready for diving action suit he's wearing. It wouldn't leave much to the imagination, if you read me.

On the other hand, Venom is AWESOME. He's a very large figure and the way his chest is sculpted and how downright ghoulish and scary he looks is pretty awesome. His tongue sticking hella far out was a nice touch too. Go get these figs!! They ahve the cool new blue packaging too!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    My Manwolf and Venom figures arrived today from an e-bay auction (hey, 14 bucks for both of them, i can't complain!) and i'm pretty happy. Manwolf is pretty good in the sculpt sense and the "howling" sound is kinda nifty. although, i'll admit, i didn't read much about him in the comics, so i don't get the whole spandex ready for diving action suit he's wearing. It wouldn't leave much to the imagination, if you read me.

On the other hand, Venom is AWESOME. He's a very large figure and the way his chest is sculpted and how downright ghoulish and scary he looks is pretty awesome. His tongue sticking hella far out was a nice touch too. Go get these figs!! They ahve the cool new blue packaging too!!
    If this is the same one I saw the other day (briefly) aren't they in a Spider-Man line?
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Yeah, they're Spiderman figures. I saw that Manwolf at Target... that's a funny little outfit.

-----

So, I've had Hulkbuster Ironman on my desk for a few days now. I like it a lot -- it's my current favorite desktop play item, but I just noticed the hinge on the back of his helmet for the first time. Duh!

It seems that what was perceived to be the X3 line is really a replacement for the X-Men Classics line.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=23&itemid=8557

A few of the figures in it are the same description as on the huge upcoming list JJB posted awhile back. Like, ruby quartz armor Cyclops. While I think it looks a bit goofy, those Wolverines I imagine would look alot more interesting to kids than the goofy tiger-striped Wolvie of the last X-Men line.

I really like how they repainted ML Storm into the X-Men:TAS costume, missing the center lightning bolt though. She comes with a clear stand though so it's not too bad that she doesn't come with the twister display base. I'll definitely have to pick that up. I'm wondering if the rest of the figures said to be for X3 are going to really be this line, including the Sentinel?

That could mean they're going to repaint the Sentinel to match the X-Men:TAS.

I'm really surprised they're repainting Gambit and Archangel and reusing them.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think those Wolverines and Cyclops are a little goofy too LTBasker. I'm definatly gonna pass on them. Archangel and Storm look great -I'll definatly get Storm at least since I missed the Marvel Legends version.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I think Storm wore that costume in the comic. She was changing details about every issue for a while. It's rather sad that we're getting Disco Cyclops and S&M Wolvie, when we need a %&^*in' Jubilee already!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Apparently it's under heavy debate with some people on wether or not she wore white in the comics or if the white was just from highlight-overdose to make black leather look "shiny." She definitely wore it in the animated series though.

According to JJB's list:

X-Men 3 Action Figures Asst 1
    Stealth Wolverine
    Ninja Strike Wolverine
    Ruby Quartz Armor Cycle
    Stealth Beast
    Magneto
    Gambit
    Archangel
    Storm
    Stealth Beast - variant
    ***Assortment may vary from carton to carton

X-Men 3 Action Figures Asst 2
    Air Strike Wolverine - 3 pcs
    Angel - 2 pcs
    Stealth Cyclops - 2 pcs
    Tech Gear Beast - 2 pcs
    Juggernaut - 2 pcs
    Phoenix - 1 pc

X-Men 3 Action Figures Asst 3
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Iceman
    Rogue
    Avalanche
    Sabretooth
    ***Assortment may vary from carton to carton

X-Men 3 - 14" Sentinel <classic sentinel with retooled head
    Hopefully we'll get some stuff we need like yellow costume Jean Gray, a new Rogue, new Magneto and eventually a Jubilee.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I think Storm wore that costume in the comic. She was changing details about every issue for a while. It's rather sad that we're getting Disco Cyclops and S&M Wolvie, when we need a %&^*in' Jubilee already!
    yeah, that's what we need, Chux. A Jubilee figure with "ability to whine, complain, and shoot sparks from her fingers" action. hehehehehehehhehee Just messin'.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Okay, all joking about the character aside and moving on to some serious discussion, don't Jubilee and Shadowcat both warrant great action figures based upon their status as "unofficial Wolverine sidekicks" before, say, Cyclops in shiny red armor? We have about 4,856,923 Wolverines already, with more on the way, and nary a sidekick in sight. Unless you count the incredibly manly Generation X figure that purports to be Jubilee.
    Tommy, close your eyes.