Page 83 of 175 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
    Ok, I did a little more digging... Toy Biz Worldwide is a separate firm created in 2001 after yet another restructuring at Marvel. Back in the '90s after Marvel bought Toy Biz, and later shenanigans ensued in order to restructure the corporation and Toy Biz Worldwide was formed and bought Marvel, this was then reversed a few years ago, and when they split off the factory that was manufacturing for Toy Biz licensed the name to create a separate Toy Biz Worldwide (we'll call them TBW for short). Toy Biz became only a distribution partner for TBW who was the designer and manufacturer of the partnership, and now that Marvel has severed ties with TBW, they're losing all OEM manufacturing which I believe includes moldmaking and may or may not include sculpting and part of the design work.

Does that answer your questions? No? Well, that's because nobody outside Hasbro & Marvel actually know and aren't saying. My best guess is Hasbro won't want someone else doing the bulk of the designing and sculpting though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks

Does that answer your questions? No? Well, that's because nobody outside Hasbro & Marvel actually know and aren't saying. My best guess is Hasbro won't want someone else doing the bulk of the designing and sculpting though.
    Can't imagine the sculpts will be as good as they were in the past.

I guess Wave 13 has already been sculpted by ToyBiz, but has anyone seen pics of Wave 14 yet? That may end up being the first Marvel-sculped wave...
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]

I don't really post in this thread, but after seeing some pictures today, I thought I would.

http://www.action-figure.com/events/...g2_itemId=8585

My interest? That would be the monsters box set.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I'm consulting the brain trust here because I know exactly nothing about Marvel Legends figures.

My roommate was awesome enough to help me expand my clone army to admirable size, and I'm helping him with his ML collection in turn. He recently grabbed all of the Sentinel series and upon putting them together has discovered that he really likes the Sentinel. He likes it so much, he wants to look into getting three (because apparently Magneto needs one to fight by himself?). Well, I know you can find assembled Sentinels on eBay, and I know some e-tailers sell assembled Sentinels from time to time, but I just saw the previous post about the 14" Roto Sentinel. Is this the same thing as the BAF Sentinel or is it just a comparably sized figure? That's the first time I've seen the roto figure, but if it is the same (or more or less visually similar to the original fourteen incher), I get the feeling my clone army is going to have to make room for the Sentinel army, especially for that pre order price.

Thanks in advance.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

so, wait awit, i'm confused: this X-men line we have out now is for THE MOVIE of X3 or is there another line due out for the flick itself? Or is that line really THIS LINE?!! God, i'm so confused.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    so, wait awit, i'm confused: this X-men line we have out now is for THE MOVIE of X3 or is there another line due out for the flick itself? Or is that line really THIS LINE?!! God, i'm so confused.
    From what I understand, the X-Men line that is out is all we're getting, There won't be an actual movie line for X-Men 3.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

There are pics of waves 13-14 here.

My thoughts, in short, first on the Mojo wave. I'm pleased to be getting a Mojo, and especially in the proper scale. He didn't jump out as a gestalt because he's a lot smaller than the other gestalt characters they've tackled, but he'd be just slightly too big to be a regular Legend.

Psylocke and Power Man look mega-wicked. I'm surprised they're not the figures with variants. Ninja Assassin Psylocke and 1990s-Present Luke Cage would be simple variants.

I could care less about Zemo, Falcon, and Iron Man. Is there any Iron Man costume they've not done? All we need is drunk Tony Stark, and they'll have to start making up new Iron Men for the line. But since ToyBiz was considerate enough to pack in different X-Babies with the variants, there's no way I can pass on them.

The other wave, well, let's talk basic figures first. All look quite good, though Blackheart seems like he should be quite a bit bigger. Loki wouldn't be my personal top choice, but the booger's definitely a Marvel Legend.

Hopefully Pyro will have his flamethrowers by the time this wave hits.

I'm a little ticked about Abomination, as I understand he's a straight reissue of the Hulk Classics figure. And I was one of the few people lucky enough to find that one. I may get the variant, since I'll have all but one piece of the gestalt anyway.

And that gestalt. . . . Man. Onslaught? Onslaught?!?!? WTF? What possessed them to produce a gestalt of a giant character who actually chased me (and many, many others) away from Marvel Comics altogether for the better part of a decade? The character had a nice design, but the entire storyline was insulting to fans and characters alike. Why not Uatu, Fin Fang Foom, proper-scale Goliath, even a giant Stan Lee figure? This is probably ToyBiz's worst character choice, even topping X23 on the useless scale.

But, again, I'll have most of the POS. I'll likely have him lying on the ground and all my variant and repaint X-Men, Avengers, and Fantastic Four characters posed like they're all taking a dump on him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

It's especially an odd choice to go with that version of Onslaught, considering people prefer the Magnetoesque 'Phase II' version of Onslaught. As for a Build-A-Figure of Giant Man/Goliath, that's going to be the BAF and BAF variant for the Wal-Mart exclusive series of Marvel Legends.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I didn't even remember there were two "phases" of Onslaught. I've done my best to block the memory that it even happened. That is, I think, the worst Marvel storyline ever. Yes, I am counting Age of Apocalypse (I know many of you liked it, but you know I've expressed my disdain for it before), New FF vs the original FF (and Thing's disfiguration), the short-lived Jubilee ongoing POS, and everything that Rob Liefeld ever worked on.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Bah! The pics are gone.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!