Page 85 of 175 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
    Cr**! So they're out right now!?! Yikes... that one snuck up on me. I'd never heard about this bunch at all.
    plasticfetish.net

*Sob*

It's just not fair! My roommate's BAF sentinel (mentioned in a previous post) convinced me to get my own. Having done so, I needed to collect the small number of X-Men characters I know anything about (never owned a Marvel figure in my life, read maybe two or three single comic issuess, used to watch the X-Men cartoon casually in the nineties), so he had someone to fight in display.

So having read up a little on the various characters, I figured I would have to get Giant Man if they ever came out with one, just because I pictured the diorama in my head of BAF Sentinel staring down my X-Men only to feel a tap on his shoulder. I figured that would be something happening a year or more from now at best.

My roommate is going to fall over laughing when he hears Giant Man is already showing up in stores. I just want to cry. I'm going to be a pauper inside of a month.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I dunno if i buy it. Where are pics of the figures from the front? and why are the sites that have them pre-ordered STILL saying April? Granted, A CASE might have leaked out, but i highly doubt we'll be finding these in full droves anytime soon.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Kitty!! Woo!!

Another wave of Legends already, and exclusive to WM? Boo!!

Seriously, these have been hitting so fast that my wallet doesn't even notice the number of SW toys has dropped significantly.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    I dunno if i buy it. Where are pics of the figures from the front? and why are the sites that have them pre-ordered STILL saying April? Granted, A CASE might have leaked out, but i highly doubt we'll be finding these in full droves anytime soon.
    There's a load of crappy cellphone pictures of the wave from the front.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b209/firesprite121984/?

Not my Photobucket. I take no responsibility for anything that shows up here at a later date.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ok, according to info I'm reading elsewhere... the case that turned up in Kansas was a complete fluke. They are unfinished figures that were slated for a meeting, that turned up on the pegs. That's why the comics pictured with the figures don't match the ones that are supposed to come with them. They won't be available until later this year. Appearantly Toy Biz is a bit ****ed, as they planned to debut the figures at Toy Fair this weekend.

Oh, and here's some nice pictures of ML 13.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...Blackheart.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...eathstrike.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...reenGoblin.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...inter/Pyro.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9.../Onslaught.jpg

Jesse Falcon from Toy Biz said that Onslaught was chosen as it's his favorite villain, and this one will 'transform' from this version into the crab version. Sadly the Phase 1 'Magnetoesque' look couldn't be worked into the design. There is a classic Toy Biz figure close to scale.

As for the 'Henchmen' that were originally planned for the series, they weren't cost-effective. It would have doubled the ammount of plastic each figure uses. Plus it would have been unfair to the collectors, who wanted to army build. He did say that they're looking at a way to offer the Henchmen later, which is cool for collectors.

Here's Jesse Falcon's post about the Wal-Mart series:

Ok I wanted to check with our Hong Kong office before I posted this because I saw the images of the Walmart wave last night on line and the person who posted states that they were found in Kansas. Apparently there was a sales meeting where 1 pallet (or) 5 of what's referred to as a PDQ were rushed to make this sales meeting and were not intended to be turned around to be sold at retail! I'm Not sure why this was done but that very limited amount of product is now at retail in that one state and probably at that one store.

What's really frustrating is that this lines not in production yet and that product that was rushed together ONLY for that sales meeting and does not represent the final working product. The deco, articulation, and function and fit of the product is NOT finished.

You will all see the FINAL product and much more on Sunday at Toy Fair 2006.

Best,

Jesse Falcon

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I didn't even remember there were two "phases" of Onslaught. I've done my best to block the memory that it even happened. That is, I think, the worst Marvel storyline ever. Yes, I am counting Age of Apocalypse (I know many of you liked it, but you know I've expressed my disdain for it before), New FF vs the original FF (and Thing's disfiguration), the short-lived Jubilee ongoing POS, and everything that Rob Liefeld ever worked on.
    Don't forget the Spider-Clone storyline of the mid-90s. Just horrible...got to be the worst of all time!!!
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]
    [/FONT]