Page 94 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
    Found and got Abomination. Saw Loki, but passed because he was painted weird and had glue all over him. (Lame. I want that one.) Saw Green Goblin, he's cool, but I passed for now. Saw Pyro, Blackheart and Lady Deathstrike, but I passed on all three. I may get Pyro later. Don't care for Blackheart and Lady Deathstrike... don't know much about Lady Deathstrike and think she looks sort of stupid really.

Scored a few series 2 Figure Factory mystery figures the other day... Blade variant, Thor, Nightcrawler w/ sword. Great stuff!
    plasticfetish.net

So, i think hell is officially frozen over: Amazon.com came through for me. They came through with a Marvel Legends figure. They came through with a Marvel Legends Variant: the unmasked Green Goblin. This is roughly one order out of fifteen that they've actually came through. Weird. Anyway, it looks pretty awesome and i'm glad I didn't have to pay extra for it!

If only amazon would come through with the other two variants AND the Grievous pack.............i would probably crap my pants.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Nice, JMG. That's the one variant from this wave I'm actually hoping to find.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I walked into Wal-Mart today and they had a big palette of toys. . . . And I guess that palette will make Pirates of the Caribbean 2 toy fans happy.

I am crossing my fingers though for TRU to come through with another shipment of Series 13 this week like they have both of the previous weeks. Marvel Legends figures have been selling like mad. Well, Marvel Legends figures that aren't Professor X or Dr. Strange.

Edit: June 21. Well, I wasn't going to go out today. Tonight's my night off, and I was just going to fall onto the couch and collect body odors until showering to go into work Thursday night. But today was the absolute earliest day I could ship Mystique out to a collector on another site, and she deserved to get Mystique the absolute earliest day I could ship. So I dragged myself to Pak Mail and mailed Mystique. Wal-Mart is right next to Pak Mail, so I walked in. Just reward for my diligence: I saw every single Wal-Mart wave figure including variants. I scored Havok for the roommate and Jesus Sentry for myself. I had to silently say goodbye to Warbird, Kitty, and Captain Britain since I'm broke. My Giant Man is now complete above the waste crunch and has a leg I can attach when I get Warbird.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Heads up: my wal-mart got in one case of the wal-mart ML wave. HEAVY on Wolverine and Sabertooth with one per case Havok and Kitty. There were I believe 1-2 Warbird and Capt. Britain and a few Sentry, including the variant. THe case is labeled MARVEL FIGURES FACTORY ASST I" or something along those lines. I already got these figures, but i was able to get Havok and Kitty for my buddy who is serving overseas.

also opened two cases of X3 figures and no Phoenix or third wave. My patience with Phoenix is near its end. HH!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

That Phoenix figure is the same as the ML figure right?
    plasticfetish.net

Yep, just like XMC grabbed the ML Storm body to use in their line, they grabbed the ML Phoenix body as well.

Has it been confirmed if there's a Dark Phoenix variant again?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Has it been confirmed if there's a Dark Phoenix variant again?
    That would be cool! I was lucky enough to find the ML Phoenix, but I'd love to get a Dark Phoenix.
    plasticfetish.net

Just a guess, from what I've read from Jesse on the Fwooshnet forums, Toybiz doesn't seem inclined to lessen the significance of their chase figures by releasing them again, so I would be shocked and maybe even a little miffed on behalf of all those people whose bright, shiney Dark Phoenix is that much less cool if Toybiz recolored that body as Dark Phoenix again. I'm actually kind of surprised they even released Phoenix again without a drastic paint difference like with Storm.

I could be wrong, though, about Toybiz's stance on that issue, and I'm certainly only guessing either way that it won't happen. Otherwise, all bets are off when Hasbro enters the equation.

And I'll just attach this as an edit to this post:

The new Showdown figures have been found at retail. http://www.joecustoms.com/board/show....php?tid=38376

This is awesome news! I think I've already mentioned that I'm absolutely sold on the new figures and have to go back and collect the old ones. I already have regular Spider-Man, black costume Spider-Man and Thing and should be getting Doc Ock and Torch in a trade in the future.