Page 99 of 175 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
    So, an area wal-mart had the Mojo wave today. I picked up two Psylockes (one for me, one for a bud), a Longshot and a Zemo dude for my buddy, again. I haven't had time to look at the figures hardcore, but i'll give you some basic input: they look good.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I went looking today, no luck.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Local Target had a random Iceman from wave 3 X3 today. It was the regular iceman, not the human or Ultimate variant. I have the set on pre-order, but I picked it up anyway so if i get variants, i can be content. My buddy found the regular Iceman out in Cali and there are reports of it elsewhere. Here is the supposed case ratio:
    1x Rogue
    1x Avalanche
    2x Sabertooth
    2x Nightcrawler
    3x Iceman
    3x Colossus

Yeah, shortpacking the two figs that are going to be the hottest. Smooth thinkin', Toybiz. Oh and the back of the card has pictures of the rest of the line, including Phoenix, which is a pretty funny tease.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

For the first time in several waves, I only want one of the ML figures from this series. Of course, I want Psylocke, so I am not overwhelmed with confidence I can find her.

And for the first time ever, I want several of the XMC figures. I'm looking for regular Iceman for myself and variants for a guy on line who helped me out with Warbird, and I'm looking for Petey, Rogue (with jacket and the rumored yellow and green running change), and maybe Avalanche for a friend.

Of course when ML-15 comes out, I might look into ordering a case since I want every figure but Beta Ray Bill. It's a shame I don't want to build M.O.D.O.K. though.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

I'm actually relieved I only want one (well two) from the new ML wave, I hope it won't be too hard to find a couple Psylockes and her variant. While I don't know much about her and nothing about her variant, they both look cool. Oddly, no one has found a Psylocke variant. For ML15 I'll only need Wasp with red costume and maybe Thor-buster Ironman, and unless Hasbro improves movie Beast I won't be getting any from their first wave.

Then with the current Spider-Man wave I only need 2 of the clear Venom and with XMC I just need two Colossuses, 2 regular Icemans and 2 Bobby Drakes. 2 of the Rogues if they release the green/brown version too, which they said will only happen if the assortment does well enough.

It's a nice break to only need a handful of figures after all these BAF waves that I still need to complete most of, though fortunately my Wal-Mart got in a ton of the Giant Man wave (still has a bunch including variants) so that's long done.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by James31278 View Post
    Still have any doubts of X3 Jugger Icons?

http://photos.actionfigs.com/data/1704/NAT_7648.JPG
    Unfortunately, that still doesn't clear up the question. I still have plenty of doubt that they're making an Icons movie Juggernaut. The problem is that the Icons line is more or less a production version of your industry standard 'two-up' prototype model. Often times at cons and industry shows the two-ups are shown in place of the scaled down prototypes, particularly when the model is not so far along in development. There have been many times when various entire ML assortments have been publicly shown only in the two-up form. In fact, I believe the sheer coolness of the two-up models was the sole inspiration for the Icons line.
    Now then, if there were other movie X-Men figures that looked like they might be in development for the Icons line I might be inclined to believe that they were going ahead with Juggernaut. Until we hear it direct from Hasbro though, I'm willing to bet that Icons will be sticking with the comic versions of Marvel's most iconic characters for the time being. I'd even go so far as to say that if they were to decide on inserting movie versions of the characters that they'd more than likely do someone like Wolverine, Cyclops or Magneto first. Of course, I guess we won't know either way until the thing hits store shelves.

...and seriously...no one else is excited about the idea of a ML Rom the Spaceknight?! Am I really that old that no one else remembers how cool that guy was?

I would kill for a Rom: Spaceknight figure. ML, not the original one that must've bombed.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I would kill for a Rom: Spaceknight figure. ML, not the original one that must've bombed.
    Must mean the two of us are the only two cool people on here!

I never even saw the original figure, but I loved finding copies of the comic in $0.25 bins. Between that, GIJoe, and Transformers, someone at Marvel was good at spotting the licensed comics that could be so much more than 22 page ads.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I could have sworn that I'd posted something about ROM. (Must not have hit "submit.")
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    That toy was pretty cool for 1979. I remember it being fun. It had no real articulation, but the electronic bits were very fun given that it was the age of LED games (remember Merlin?) and the like.

I remember reading the comic book and liking it well enough. A new ML figure would be cool.
    plasticfetish.net