Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Upcoming Marvel Figures (Excelsior!)

I posted the list a few days ago over at Figures. But I know that there is quite a few Marvel figure collectors here. So after a few days waiting to see if someone else would port it over for you folks that don't read Figures I decided to repost. Note that these are still early lists, but have been pretty much confirmed from retailer lists.

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 1:
    Twist n Shoot Spider-Man, Spiral Spider-Man, Web Climbing Spider-Man, Web Trap Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 2:
    Rapid Punch Spider-Man, Ultra Super-Poseable Spider-Man, Shoot n Slide Spider-Man, Aerial Flipping Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 3:
    Double Web Shooting Spider-Man, Kicking Spider-Man, Dr. Octopus w/ Tentacle Action (NOT available in first release cases), Spring Attack Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Figure Asst. 4:
    Dr. Octopus #2, Spider Sense Spider-Man, Flipping Spider-Man, Spider-Strength Spider-Man

Spidey Movie 2 Deluxe Roto-cast 12 figures:
    Spider-Man and Dr. Octopus (Doc Ock may not be in initially released cases)

Spider-Man Movie 2 18 figure with over 60 points of articulation!

Spider-Man Movie 2 Ultimate Spider-Man 12 Inch:
    Water Shooting Spidey, Web Shooting Spidey

Spidey Movie 2 Web Shooter, Water Cannon, Web-ble Shooter (What the?), Web Disk Shooter

Spidey Classic Series 8:
    Missle Launcher Spider-Man, Bolo Spider-Man, Sewer Fighting Spider-Man, Carnage

Spidey Classic Series 9:
    Black Costume Spider-Man, Peter Parker Spider-Man, Robot Spider-Man, Ultimate Rhino

Incredible Hulk Fig Asst. 2:
    Punching Hulk, Absorbing Man, War Hulk, Robot Hulk

X-Men Figure Asst. 2:
    Pyro, Nightcrawler, Iceman, Wolverine

Marvel Manga Twist-ems Asst. 1:
    Walk & Slash Wolverine, Flipping Action Beast, Crawling Spider-Man, Bobble Head Hulk, Nunchakus Daredevil, Chopping Action Thing

Marvel Manga Twist-ems Asst. 2:
    Spider-Man, Wolverine, Daredevil, Blade ll, Dr. Octopus, Nightcrawler
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 08-31-2003 at 09:12 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I forsee the Spider-Man movie line, crashing and burning for the same reason as the X2 and Hulk movie lines. Too much emphasis on Spider-Man. Does there really need to be 14 Spidey's to 2 Doc Ocks?

Same with the Spider-Man Classic lines. Too many Spidey's with bearly any emphasis directed to Spidey's large rogue's gallery or his friends. I swear, Toy Biz doesn't know how to do a proper figure line.

The Hulk Classics line is almost as bad. Atleast they are doing some intresting Hulks. Still needs to focus some on the supporting characters. War Hulk (If the Horsemen for Apocalypse version), should be cool.

X-Men Classic is looking good. Though no news what versions of the characters. I expect one to be New X-Men style and one to be X-Treme X-Men Style like series 1. I wouldn't mind seeing Ultimate being worked in also, especially with some of the unique character redesigns. But another bloody Wolvie and no female figure so far, hurts the line. Especially with the X-Men's large female cast.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lubing up the probe - it's business time.
    Hmmmmm...perplexing the lack of villains in the Spidey lines. Hopefully the black costume Spidey will be a little beefed up from the Spidey Classics version (which is close to perfect imo, as was the Ditko-esque poseable Spidey). Carnage might make a good toy, but the lack of a Green Goblin figure (the one from the robot mech suit is awesome, but too small) hurts bad.

Im looking forward to X-Men classics, and hope they'll do the original 5 in original costumes for us Silver Age fans, as well as the 2nd generation. I know they have a few planned.

Thanks for the info, JarJar.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

See, i was an avid fan of the original Spider-Man movie line, cause they had a few spidey figs, which all were good, and then they had OTHER figures, norman osborne, a few green goblins, Jonah and MJ, but this is ridiculous. Screw picking up this line.

I'm giddy for the Hulk figures, just cause i plan to get the first wave cause those are classic Hulks, but for wave 2, yeah, just Absorbing Man should do.

the X2 line was good, but i wish they would do a 3rd wave. According to Toyfare, they're only doing 2 waves, the second line having: Iceman, Logan, Cyclops and Magneto. C'mon Toybiz, give us a new Jean Grey, Deathstrike and maybe Colossus and Rogue or something.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Yeah, wave III of the X2 line would have been more like they should have done from the beginning. To bad it will never see the light of day. It was supposed to include Colossus, Lady Deathstrike, Logan, Nightcrawler in X-Men Uniform. Still they ignore female figures and secondary characters.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lubing up the probe - it's business time.
    The Nightcrawler figure from X2 was top notch. It's tough when one figure outshines the others that way (Ephant Mon), makes folks wonder why they skimped on the others.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Re: Upcoming Marvel Figures (Large List)

Yeah, that Venom caught my eye as I walked down the figure aisle in K-Mart today. He's got some nasty green drool coming out of his mouth.

k-mart is the only place ive seen that fig.
    and i think the mysterio is sweet as heck
    Meatwad Make The Money See ,Meatwad Get The Honeys G ,Drivin In My Car, Livin' Like A Star,Ice On My Fingers And My Toes And I'm A Taurus.

It's too bad they didn't make a regular sized Venom figure like that.

I found Mysterio at TRU today, and I agree - definitely a sweet figure.

Speaking of Spiderman, I saw about 7 or 8 Sandman figures at Wal*Mart tonight. What-the-heck? All of a sudden this one's becoming a peg warmer.

-----

In other news. Hey... I'm looking to trade some carded variant figures for some of the ML7 figures that I couldn't find. I have Series 9 Bullseye variant, Series 6 Cable Variant, and Series 6 Wolverine variant. I need Vision, Hawkeye and Apocalypse. Want a straight one for one swap -- I'll be opening them, so the bubble doesn't need to be perfect, just the figues inside. (PM me if you're up for it... and, uh... I'd like these to go to someone with a post count of at least 2. )
    plasticfetish.net