Page 5 of 175 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Cool. Thanks for the help. I hope we get some more confirmed news, or even some more rumors.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Picked up 2 Colossus and 2 Sabertooths today!! I can't wait to bust one of each out of the package!!! I guess i should probably finish giving my ML Wolvie his metal claws too, eh?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Is the Marvel Select Punisher based on the upcoming movie?

Nope, I think the MS Punisher is just another version of the 616 Punisher. There is supposed to be a Movie Punisher in either the ML 6 or 7 series.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

JJB, I have to ask, since I've seen you use this terminology several times:

Why "616"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

616 refers to the dimension number of the mainstream marvel universe. It refers to all the regular titles. The Ultimate, Movie, and Cartoon Universes would all have their own specific Universe number. It first appeared in Excalibur, and there's even a current series called Exiles that are dimension hoppers. Here's the official summery.

616: This is an identifier from Alan Davis' stint on Excalibur. Roma, in her role as the omniversal guardian, and the people working under her adopted a numbering system for the multiple parallel Earths that exist throughout crosstime. The mainstream Marvel Universe and its associated continuity are numbered "616" - Earth 616, Captain Britain 616, and so forth. Often used when comparing the mainstream Marvel continuity to that of alternate timelines.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Okay, now I get it. I guess I was in the dark because I never much cared for Excalibur and missed that number.

Of course, as we all know, the next wave of Marvel figures to be released on Earth #8,675,309 is the third wave of Jubilee Legends:
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Cool, thanks for the info. I just picked up the Ultimate Venom though. It is awesome. Best Venom i think ever. I found the version with the white Spider on his chest. Supposedly it is a variant.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    So any updates on the next waves yet? It seems strange to me that they would start a special "X-men Legends" line, and then fill up the regular Marvel Legends line with X-Folks. Hawkeye seems to be a shoo-in for the next wave since everyone clamors for him. And he's both a Thunderbolt AND an Avenger. So who else?

Dr. Strange? His names on the packaging for pete's sake. And he's a Defender. The last one to be made? I forget who was all in the Defenders. Namor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, and Doc were the big ones at the start right?

Black Panther? Again, his name is on the package. That should count for something. But which costume?

The female. Now that they've started with the chickas finally. There will probably be at least one in every wave. logic would say they round out the FF with Sue Storm, but I think JJB is on the right track with the FF gift set and exclusive Invisible Woman. Black Widow would tie in nicely with releasing Hawkeye since those two have such a history. Another possiblility would be Scarlet Witch since she's been a Marvel mainstay from day one. There aren't too many non-mutant females in the Marvel Universe who have headlined their own series or figure prominently. Wasp? She-Hulk? Spider-Woman? What do you guys think?

So that leaves traditionally, one spot open for a villian. The evil triumverate of Red Skull, Magneto, and Dr. Doom has been completed. There aren't too many top teir Marvel villains left. The only classic one I can think of that SHOULD be next is Loki. The Avengers Premier Villain.

The next wave would be a Hank Pym (Yellowjacket? Ant-Man?) Wasp, Vision, WonderMan and Ultron set. Since all those characters relate.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I have to agree that it makes no sense for X-Men to be included in the MArvel Legends line any longer. They have their own line now, which gives more room for other characters. I hope we get some confirmation soon an who will be in the next assortment, although i have yet to find any from series V.