Page 8 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Maybe I'm looking at the wrong part, but it says the shipping date is February 22, 2004 - February 23, 2004. Where do you see the 2005 thing at, Guyute?

And jjreason, I think you hit on the head why I consider Cable to be unworthy of the Legend status.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    Maybe I'm looking at the wrong part, but it says the shipping date is February 22, 2004 - February 23, 2004. Where do you see the 2005 thing at, Guyute?

And jjreason, I think you hit on the head why I consider Cable to be unworthy of the Legend status.
    I ordered one for my friend and it give you like "total, tax, etc" and then it said, "Estimated shipping date: January 25th, 2005"

They do that when they're not sure when they're going to enough in, so maybe i'll get lucky; no harm in ordering it through for S's and giggles.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Ah, ok. That explains why I did not see the 2005 thing.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Oh Chuxxy, you're a stickler. The baby Nathan was born to Madelyne Prior in Uncanny 201, and was presently taken into the future, no? So you're right, from a certain point of view. Liefeld didn't create Nathan Summers.

But I will contest that Liefeld DID create Cable, for the reasons set out below:

Cable's first appearance as Cable - ie being grown up, having white hair, and wearing a gaudy blue and yellow spandex number complete with a hugely huge and awfully fake looking laser gun, and being called "Cable" was in New Mutants #87. Drawn (and written, no?) by Mr. Liefeld himself.

Hence, Like a Virgin. Now throw in a buck.
    Last edited by jjreason; 01-23-2004 at 07:20 PM.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Hey JMG,
    Thanks for that info. I ordered one to open, hopefully it actually happens (I know how crappy Amazon Toys-R-Us can be).

I scored a few more X-men classics figures this week: Cyclops & Gambit (already found Archangel & yellow Wolvie previously). y'know, these are excellent figures and would be perfect if only they didn't have the STUPID action features.....

Gambit & Cyclops have light up eyes, but it only works if you plug these huge ugly contraptions into their backs..... oh well, at least the holes are small enough to be almost not noticable.....

I have to say though, aside from the light up eyes thing, this cyclops is very cool! The best sculpt I've seen yet. it really does capture the Jim Lee era Cyclops quite well.

Gambit should have come with a staff & cards. Wonder why they didn't include those accessories .

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Picked up Archangel and Cyclops the other day. Sweet! My X-Men is slowly coming together. Warren's right shoulder joint seems jibbered out a bit, and his wings are freakin' HUGE!!! I may jury rig him into an "in flight" pose with some fishing wire.

And regarding JJB's upcoming waves post, I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but has anyone in the history of the internet, sent a customer service e-mail to ToyBiz saying "hey! bang up job with the chase figures! Keep up the good work!!" If i can't find Pheonix, Black Widow, and Vision ( assuming those will be chasers) I may have to personally dig up Sam Walton's carcas just to kick him in the rotten jimmiysack. CHASERS SUCK! I also don't believe for a moment they'll stick seven figgies in a box set.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

There's a current new rumor circulating on the Phoenix, Black Widow, and Vision figures. This has not been confirmed, and could be total BS. The rumor is that Phoenix will be a regular figure in the assortment, and Dark Phoenix will be a chase. Regular Black Widow the regular figure in the assortment, and the New Black Widow will be the chase. And Vision will be a regular figure in the assortment, with White Vision as the chase. Still a stupid idea, but maybe they're going back to just making variant figures the chase. Like in the first few series.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 01-24-2004 at 05:58 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I guess thats a slightly more acceptable idea, allowing for the obvious sentiment that chase figures in general suck, I could live without the variations as long as I had regular versions of the figures.

Do we really need a billion Wolverine and Iron Man variants, though?

Brown and tan Wolvie is a killer idea, but Weapon X? And I could do with a Red and Silver Iron Man, before another rehashed "Stealth" Armor. We know a repaint when we see it Hasb...I mean Matt...I mean Toybiz. If you wanna repaint a figure, lets see a classic USAgent. Hmmmm... I hear Toyfare is looking for figures to sell through their magazine....Cha Ching!!!!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I was disappointed with the Archangel figure. Instead of making it with either feathers or metal blades they decided to make it with metal looking feathers plus a stupid jet that looks like it was reused from the Doc Ock figure. I probably won't be picking up the rest of the line unless it gets better.

jiM

Actually, Archangel's wings were drawn in several different ways. I saw the comic version art that the figure was based on. It's actually quite accurate to that version only. I like it, just need to actually find myself one. The missle pack is a bit inaccurate, but oh well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.