Page 25 of 175 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575125 ... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Marvel Figures (Large List)

I honestly hope that they make this figure. I think it was the coolest one shown, and the best made. It was unexpected, but a nice touch.

On a side note, i don't remember there being a pack-in figures past Doop? Was there any and I am totally drawing a blank, or were there not any?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I think Doop is the only other pack in (besides Howard the Duck) so far.

That is... unless you consider the robot Herbie, or Franklin Richards in the FF4 box set (I think that's his name).

Yeah they are pack-ins, but i was thinking of the regularly packaged figures.

Anyword on series 3 of Spider man 2?

Looks like Series 8 of Marvel Legends isn't coming out this year after all. There will now only be 3 series released in 2004. ML5, which is out now. And ML6 and ML7 which will be released in June and September. And it looks like chase figures will continue. They'll just be reissuing the HTF chases again in the new series. ML3 Maskless Wolvie will be in ML6, and ML4 Goliath will be in ML7. Sounds odd. Here's the info from Action-Figure.com.
    Toy Biz: Statement on 2004 Marvel Legends
    Posted by Nomad on Thursday, April 08, 2004 - 11:32 PM GMT

In an effort to resolve any confusion pertaining to the 2004 Marvel Legends Line, Toy Biz, a division of Marvel Enterprises Inc., has issued the following statement...

From Toybiz HQ: Our highly anticipated 2004 Marvel Legends Line has been the subject of much discussion throughout the collector community, which speaks volumes to the immense popularity of this amazing collection. The new 2004 line will consist of three diverse assortments as opposed to four as initially proposed during this year’s Toy Fair. The decision to scale back on assortments was clear once we realized the great array of figures now being offered through our production of variants.

Toy Biz will continue to offer chase figures for this line starting with The Red Skull in the first assortment. Following this first assortment, Toy Biz will distribute a finite amount of previously released chase figures into subsequent assortments throughout the year. In order to further enhance the collectibility of this line, Toy Biz will also manufacture a selection of beautifully crafted art deco variants for certain figures. These variants will be produced with scarcity in mind, making fewer available than their mass-produced counterparts. We realize the demand for our figures continues to be at an all-time high and feel this strategy will satisfy mass consumers while at the same time offering higher value figures for our collectors.

Details for the 2004 line can be found below:

MARVEL LEGENDS 6" FIG ASST 5 (Available Now):
    Blade II (Movie)
    Colossus
    Mr. Fantastic
    Nick Fury
    Saber Tooth
    Silver Surfer
    The Red Skull (Chase Figure)

MARVEL LEGENDS 6" FIG ASST 6 (Available June 2004):
    Cable
    Cable (Variant)
    Deadpool
    Juggernaut
    Phoenix
    Phoenix (Variant)
    The Punisher (Movie)
    Unmasked Wolverine (Chase Figure)
    Wolverine (Brown Costume)

MARVEL LEGENDS 6" FIG ASST 7 (Available September 2004):
    Apocalypse
    Classic Ghost Rider
    Goliath (Chase Figure)
    Hawkeye
    Phasing Vision (Variant)
    Silver Centurion Iron Man
    Vision
    Weapon X Wolverine

So Basically, we are short a series, but look closely and you'll notice a couple of extra figures here and there. Guess It's good news for those of you that were complaining of impending wallet strain!
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm really looking forward to Vision in assortment 7. Any idea idea how hard it's going to be to find that "variant" version, compared to say... an otherwise impossible to find chase figure? A transparent Vision figure is about as cool as it gets I think.

The variant versions are supposed to be 1 per every 3 cases. So not impossible to find, just a bit harder then the rest of the series.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Its really too bad about 8, I was looking forward to Man-Thing and Doc Oc more than all of the other figures.

Man, I thought the movie Punisher would be out by now.
    I'd like to pick up Deadpool, Wolverine (in his better costume, IMO), and Blade.
    I saw the Blade figure the other day and is that a repack from the Blade toy series?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Whats happining with ICEMAN!!!!