Page 101 of 175 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1742
    Man, oh, man, as if my wallet wasn't already screaming in agony from the rapid-fire releases of the Apocalypse/Onslaught/Mojo waves and the Face-Off sets, what did I find this morning but the Modok Wave!

The figures all look quite nice, but there seemed to be a disproportionate number of variants. Everyone except Beta Ray Bill has at least one variant (Wasp has two), and in two cases (Iron Man/Destroyer and Spider-Woman I/Spider-Woman II), the variants are different characters.

Are these shipping in more well-rounded cases? There seemed to be a lot of variants, but I'm not sure if it was just the case I found or if there will actually be enough to go around this time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I believe Jesse did mention on Fwoosh that ML15's variants would be very simple to find. If anyone finds 2 extras of Red Wasp and/or 2 extras of Destroyer could you help me out? I'm still waiting for ML14 to show up.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I've been pretty lucky lately with Marvel figures.

A friend tipped me off to a shipment of some of the newer Showdown figures, so I was able to snag Beast, Juggernaut, and Green Goblin. I'm enormously happy to get these newer ones since the preview pictures on these newer ones prompted me to go back and buy all of the old ones but Punisher, Dr. Doom, Ghostrider, and Hulk. Other than the riders, there is no new Showdown figure I don't want to get. I'm especially looking forward to Colossus, Venom, and Cyke.

I also walked into TRU and found all of ML-13 and -14. Finally I got my Psylocke, which was the only figure from 14 I wanted, and I can hopefully go back and get Blackheart to finish Onslaught. I would have gotten him, but I mistakenly remembered I was getting that piece in a trade.

The only things I'm worried about right now are getting myself a Kitty Pryde, and getting the right foot of Giant Man and finally finding Rogue.

Fifteen, though, has me scared. Not only do I want every figure but Beta Ray Bill, but I want both versions of Spider Woman, who will be impossible to find in either version.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom-like Menace View Post
    Not only do I want every figure but Beta Ray Bill
    HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? BLASPHEMY!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Picked up the new electro and Toxin figures today at TRU. I was actually kinda shocked cos i arrived a while after they had opened and there were still there. Granted, they were up in those overhead storage bins that i rummage through (the employees LOVE that. ) but i got'em! very nice lookin' figures too!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You want blasphemy, I can tell you how much I dislike Thor.

Since my last post, I've broken down and purchased AOA Wolverine off of eBay (I gave retail and trade forums a chance first, but no joy), so I'm getting my Giant Man foot (He'll be complete!!!), finished Onslaught, arranged a trade for Galactus's arm, arranged a trade for Kitty Pryde (and Coleman Trebor!!), and picked up Showdown Elektra and Silver Surfer, and I'm two pieces away from finishing Apocalypse! The toy times they are good! Now, about that freaking Rogue . . .

Hating Thor's no biggie. I rather hate him myself. But the idea of an alien Thor with a head that looks like a horse skull? That's cool.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hating Thor's no biggie. I rather hate him myself. But the idea of an alien Thor with a head that looks like a horse skull? That's cool.
    To be fair, I don't know a great deal about Beta Ray Bill. He gets a great deal of flak in my mind for being related in any way to Thor. Thor, I dislike for the same reason I dislike any ancient god masquerading as a super hero. Otherwise, Iron Man I'm getting simply because I have a pipedream of making an armory, but everyone else I'm getting to fill out my Avengers roster (that is, Avengers minus Thor). Yeah, Moon Knight was West Coast, but I don't make the distinction.

Agreed, but for people who don't like BRB, there are people like me who do, so the one he doesn't get, will be the one I do. SO it all works out.

Man this whole ML15 wave is going to be crazy to get.

OOh and I can't wait to find the new Showdown figs either!!!
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    OOh and I can't wait to find the new Showdown figs either!!!
    If you don't have them yet, and you see them, I heartily recommend the Magneto/Colossus starter set. Aside from some paint gripes which may me unique to the one I got, I'm not sure what they were trying to do with Colossus's hands, but I would venture a guess they didn't succeed. What am I talking about? It's hard to describe; you'd kind of have to see it. Otherwise, ignoring the above (none of it is too distracting), he's nearly perfect. If you remotely liked the ML and XMC Colossus figures, you'll see stuff to smile about with the Showdown figure.

Oh, and just to continue the common thread to my last few posts here: I walked into TRU just after XMC was stocked and some wag had already snagged Rogue!