Page 127 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 1742
    ActionFigureCollectors.Com's Q&A is up now also. Still no Action Figs.
    The ANSWERS! Hasbro's Marvel Q&A For June 2007

More answers have rolled in from Hasbro's Q&A program, this time we get a little insight into the world of Marvel Legends! AFC sent in your questions and now you've got answers!

Here are the results:

Q. Are there plans for any Marvel Legends Box sets?
    A: Not for 2007, but we're taking a hard look at some cool & exciting possibilities for 2008.

Q. Will there be any figures based on the big Civil War storyline?
    A: While we're not ready to discuss plans beyond our 2007 line at this time .. let's just say that Civil War is one of our favorites too!

Q. Will the Spider-Man origins line continue?
    A: Origins is a great line that our whole team enjoyed working on. While there are no immediate plans to bring it back with this particular moniker, you will definitely continue to see great classic Spider-Man product from Hasbro...

Q. Toy Biz use to include a comic with their Legends figures. Why Did Hasbro remove this feature?
    A: We've revisited the classic comic concept several times over the last year. To be honest, it's a trade off - comic vs articulation/decos. There are pros and cons to each. In the end, we felt our efforts would be better spent on product features. We think the majority of collectors and fans of the Legends line would agree.

The next Marvel/Spider-Man Q&A questions are due into AFC by Tuesday, July 17, '07. We'll have more answers from Hasbro on Tuesday, July 24, '07. Email your questions to info@actionfigurecollectors.com.
    http://www.actionfigurecollectors.co...lts_june07.php

Q. Toy Biz use to include a comic with their Legends figures. Why Did Hasbro remove this feature?
    A: We've revisited the classic comic concept several times over the last year. To be honest, it's a trade off - comic vs articulation/decos. There are pros and cons to each. In the end, we felt our efforts would be better spent on product features. We think the majority of collectors and fans of the Legends line would agree.
    So, comic or articulation?

You mean that for a company several times larger than ToyBiz, the printing costs for a comic are so high that they can't afford to include it in their more expensive product and articulate the figures properly?

I know they love their excuses, but that one's not even plausible.

Tommy, close your eyes.

What features are they talking about?...

-They reduced articulation

-They reduced paint-use by casting in the dominant color

-They could've reduced packaging cost but the bizarre angles and wasted bubble space probably kept it the same

-They don't include any sort of base or flightstand

-Aside from removeable helmets, only 3 figures have come with any extra accessories

-The BAFs are slightly larger than regular figures

So...where are the extra expenses going in the first place? Certainly not to benefeit deco, just take a look at Ultimate Wolverine.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

To be fair, Toy Biz was going to drop the comic as of Marvel Legends 16... due to rising costs as well. Jesse Falcon has already said as much back when he was allowed to answer questions. That was even with Toy Biz actually being owned by Marvel. With Hasbro being independant of the company, reprinting the comics would be an even bigger cost increase.

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    What features are they talking about?...

-They reduced articulation

-They reduced paint-use by casting in the dominant color

-They could've reduced packaging cost but the bizarre angles and wasted bubble space probably kept it the same

-They don't include any sort of base or flightstand

-Aside from removeable helmets, only 3 figures have come with any extra accessories

-The BAFs are slightly larger than regular figures

So...where are the extra expenses going in the first place? Certainly not to benefeit deco, just take a look at Ultimate Wolverine.
    Not every Marvel Legends figure from Hasbro had 40+ POA either. And they're still keeping most of the important articulation, and just removing points that are fairly unnecessary. Or using their preferred version of the articulation, such as the Sigma 6 elbow over the double hinge. Such as the finger and toe joints. Of course, that's in a case by case basis... as Quicksilver still has the toe joints for running poses.

Casting the parts in color prevents paint wear or paint slop. Two big problems that Toy Biz Marvel Legends was known for. Hasbro also uses a much more sturdy plastic for their Marvel Legends, preventing weak and loose joints. Which prevnts figure toppling.

Hasbro Marvel Legends have had more accessories than Toy Biz ever did. Other than the occassional figure like Punisher or Deadpool, none of them had weapons or accessories. Hell, Psylocke didn't even get her sword. We're getting swords, weapons, and energy effects.

Trust me. The current packaging costs way less than the previous Marvel Legends packaging. At least according to Neca and Sota who have chimed in on how expensive those types of packages add to the figure. That's why they're more a specialty market type of package.

Bases pretty much went the way of the dodo for Toy Biz as well, once they introduced the BAF. Especially when oil prices skyrocketed. The exception being the occassional flight stand for figures. Again it comes down to cost. Making the stands adds to the cost of the figure. Including both the stands and the BAF isn't feasible with the cost of oil.

There's not that many huge markatable characters in the Marvel Universe. Not to mention other than Galactus, Sentinel, and Giant Man.... the major ones have already been done. Apocalypse never really appears that large, outside of the X-Men: Animated Series. Onslaught was made smaller than scale due to costs. And Mojo and Modok were hardly HUGE. So far Annihilus, Blob, Brood Queen, Ronan the Accuser, and Holocaust are good choices for larger figures who wouldn't fit or even sell well single carded.

Q. Will there be any figures based on the big Civil War storyline?
    A: While we're not ready to discuss plans beyond our 2007 line at this time .. let's just say that Civil War is one of our favorites too!
    ...and Hasbro blows the last shred of credibility with that answer.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

What part of Civil War did you not like?

The total lack of characterization?

The New Warriors acting totally inconsistent with previous versions?

The American public getting so outraged over a handful of deaths when far nastier events have happened in recent Marvel history?

Mar-Vell returning from the dead for no reason?

The setup for Frank Castle to don a superhero outfit?

Spider-Man's unmasking?

Speedball becoming Medieval Spawn?

The pacing, or lack thereof?

The inconclusive ending?

I mean, jeez, Rocketboy, you are just too critical, aren't you?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

What can I say, I like my trrainwrecks to make sense.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Not every Marvel Legends figure from Hasbro had 40+ POA either. And they're still keeping most of the important articulation, and just removing points that are fairly unnecessary. Or using their preferred version of the articulation, such as the Sigma 6 elbow over the double hinge. Such as the finger and toe joints. Of course, that's in a case by case basis... as Quicksilver still has the toe joints for running poses.

Trust me. The current packaging costs way less than the previous Marvel Legends packaging. At least according to Neca and Sota who have chimed in on how expensive those types of packages add to the figure. That's why they're more a specialty market type of package.

Bases pretty much went the way of the dodo for Toy Biz as well, once they introduced the BAF. Especially when oil prices skyrocketed. The exception being the occassional flight stand for figures. Again it comes down to cost. Making the stands adds to the cost of the figure. Including both the stands and the BAF isn't feasible with the cost of oil.

There's not that many huge markatable characters in the Marvel Universe. Not to mention other than Galactus, Sentinel, and Giant Man.... the major ones have already been done. Apocalypse never really appears that large, outside of the X-Men: Animated Series. Onslaught was made smaller than scale due to costs. And Mojo and Modok were hardly HUGE. So far Annihilus, Blob, Brood Queen, Ronan the Accuser, and Holocaust are good choices for larger figures who wouldn't fit or even sell well single carded.
    I think you misunderstood quite a bit there... I wasn't saying every figure needs to be flooded with unnecessary articulation, nor that the bases were always there, nor that the large BAFs would continue. As for the packaging, I pointed out that the new packaging probably costed more as a way to try to understand the price hike, but if it costs less then that's another mark against them. The point is that even though ToyBiz was taking things away gradually it was to keep the pricepoint the same. Rather than Hasbro's immediate stripping of any features and still raising the price.

Casting the parts in color prevents paint wear or paint slop. Two big problems that Toy Biz Marvel Legends was known for. Hasbro also uses a much more sturdy plastic for their Marvel Legends, preventing weak and loose joints. Which prevnts figure toppling.
    Again, misunderstanding. The point wasn't to compare the two accuracy wise, rather cost-wise. This alone should have decreased the cost dramatically and yet the cost to us still went up dramatically. Accuracy-wise though, I'd rather deal with paint slop than horrid glossy skin.

At least paint slop can be battled with decent masking.

Hasbro Marvel Legends have had more accessories than Toy Biz ever did. Other than the occassional figure like Punisher or Deadpool, none of them had weapons or accessories. Hell, Psylocke didn't even get her sword. We're getting swords, weapons, and energy effects.
    Where...? All I see is Thor with an ax and a hammer, Hulk with a shield and Hercules has a little club thing. And again, point missed. I wasn't saying ToyBiz was going to always include accessories - but taking away accessories would've been to keep them at the same pricepoint. Not raise it.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I understand your points. Lemme be clearer here. Marvel Legends through Toy Biz were cheaper because Toy Biz was owned by Marvel. There were no huge licensing costs for the characters, comics, etc. In the case of Hasbro, they had to drop a major wad of cash for the license... hence the cost increase. As for the paint apps, I think Series II is a huge leap forward from Series I. By the way, look at Toy Biz/Marvel Toy's new Indie Legends line. They're not $7.99 either. Why? Licensing costs.