Page 174 of 175 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1742
    I actually found some of the ML Nemesis wave at Walmart last night.
    I only grabbed a regular Punisher (they also had 2 camo variant Punishers, a Black Bolt & a Nova, IIRC).

They also had some of the Ares wave.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I've been going into Wal-Mart almost every day since the Nemesis figures hit. Of all places in town, the last Wal-Mart I was expecting to ever get them--if they got them at all--was the first to put them out. I missed them and saw the leftovers. I was tempted to get Punisher, but decided against it.

However, the current Legends two-packs are seriously awesome. I've got the set with Fury, and I'd really like TRU to get on the ball with more, because I'm really happy with them. I even tried to get my LCS to get them, but it's possibly Diamond is sold out for now.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

Speaking of getting more two-packs . . .

I found these in TRU a couple days ago.

http://members.cox.net/fmkj/dumdum.JPG

Didn't see that coming.

Shocked that nobody has posted in here about the return of Marvel Legends next year.

So far we've got a modern Thor as an SDCC Exclusive. Then "Wave 1" will be Bucky Cap, Ultimate Hawkeye, and more. And the Build-A-Figure concept will return next year as well, with Terrax the BAF for Wave 1. Very cool!

By the way, for collectors of Marvel Legends... I am selling a few of mine on Ebay.

http://myworld.ebay.com/tmnt-splinter/

I'll be putting stuff up every few days. Just trying to cut down my collection.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I started to post about the latest two-packs some months ago, but since I was the only person to post to the thread in the entirety of 2010, and I already knew about them, I figured it would be pointless.

I picked up the green and silver 6" Titanium Man figure. I'm pretty happy with him, but it reminds me again I forgot to get the one we got with the Iron Man 1 6" figures. I knew I'd regret not getting that one day.

I've picked up a few of the latest ML TRU packs, but when I look at them and their price structure, I can't help but remember the glory of the Toy Biz era and wind up disappointed. The figures aren't horrible. But we used to pay less for far better.

We didn't pay that much less. And prices are up for toys across the board now.

Toy Biz was also owned by Marvel, so that was another major factor.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think Toy Biz even owned Marvel for awhile, but I may be wrong. Toy prices ARE up everywhere (along with quality, in many cases), but I remember ML was priced at around $7.99 a figure, with multipacks being from anywhere from $19.99 to $29.99, depending on whether there were 4, 5, or 6 figures involved. The 2-packs at TRU are as high as $34.99. I'm sure licensing fees are partly to blame, but if more is going to be charged, shouldn't the quality of the figures at least remain consistent? I never understood why we were asked to pay more for less production value.

Don't misunderstand me, I will still collect many Legends sized Marvel figures, but I will also hope that their caliber begins to at least harken back to the more fulfilling days of just under 5 years ago. It would also help if their waves are not constantly WM exclusives. Neither the Nemesis, nor Ares waves were easy to find, let alone complete, anywhere near Los Angeles.

I finally came across Havok and Archangel (as well as Jean Grey, who I'd passed on the first time around) at the Disney Store a few weeks back. Their prices tend to be a bit higher than most, but being a member of the Disney family, I was able to pick them up for quite a bit lower than most other retailers!

The Giant Man/Thor and Frost Giant/Loki sets have shown up at Wal-Marts in North Georgia this week. I have seen them at three different store and each had only one of each set.