Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome aboard!

Cool Welcome aboard!

These are the new forums. They're more stable than the last forums SSG was using, and have even more features! With luck, everything will go smoothly. Here are some things I thought I'd point out:

• You'll need to reregister once which requires a confirmation email (it's a very quick process), but if someone signs up using your old forum name, let us know and we'll fix the issue.
    • Instead of a "reset" button, there's a "preview post" button which will let you see how your completed post will look before you're ready to make it public!
    • Check out the Private Message feature! If you ask for this in your preferences, you can have a notice give you a javascript pop-up telling you when you get a new PM. This works only when you move from page to page, so if you sit on one page for 20 minutes without moving forward or back, you won't get that pop-up till you move along.
    • In the automatic VB Code panel, the "Enhanced Mode" doesn't seem to work with Netscape 4 and previous (I dunno about after), so if it's not working for you, that's not a glitch, either use direct code or use Normal mode.
    • Attach a file up to 20,000 bytes! (19k)! Remember that if you download a file, it's NOT checked for viruses by SSG.
    • When you complete a post, you get taken right to that post in the thread, not just at the top! No more scrolling down to see if your words are there.
    • Colors, sizes, [FONT=courier new]even a few new fonts[/FONT], you'll find many more new features in here like the personal avatar list, which is under the User Control Panel - Edit Options section and has over 100 avatars to choose from.
    • Thread subscriptions!

There's even more great stuff here to play with, and we may add more stuff in the future, so enjoy!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

archives

Because it would take a lot of trouble to port in all the old threads to this new system, we've decided to leave the last version of the SSG forums right where they are as an archive. The cool thing about that is you can link to any thread in the archive from a post here on the new SSG forums, so keeping the conversation going from there to here is only a click away.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I keep checking the "show signature" block but it won't post my signature. Help!!

(yes, I'm an idiot, everything is working fine now.)
    Last edited by bigbarada; 08-15-2001 at 11:13 PM.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

It's not saving my signature in my profile, I've submitted it three times. What am I doing wrong??

(Fixed it, thanks SirSteve.)
    Last edited by bigbarada; 08-15-2001 at 11:15 PM.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Talking I have returned.

So, I guess we're all starting from scratch again. I never accumulated any posts before. Now everything will be different. Bwaa Haa Haa Haa Haa![COLOR=crimson][FONT=arial]
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

For anyone just joining us, I was actually having trouble with my signature and the correction was posted retroactively.

So no smart comments!!

Cool

Well, starting over again, huh? Hopefully the ISE will remain extinct.
    "I have a whole colony of people living in my beard."

Originally posted by jedicrippler
    Well, starting over again, huh? Hopefully the ISE will remain extinct.
    ISE's are caused by bad programming or server is too busy. Neither is an issue now.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Thumbs up

I cannot believe that after going through the whole registration, I did something as stupid as using that capitol "a" in Darth. That is gonna bug me forever.

On to the subject. The new forums look great! I am looking forward to the fresh start. It is like opening a new figure!
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Is it really fair for JT to refer people to the Site since he works here????
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious