Repairs: Imp. Troop Transport

I'm trying to get my vintage Imperial Troop Transporter working again. Has anyone out there ever fixed one? Is there a website that explains this? I could use some help.
    I cleaned off the connections and got the motor running, but it won't shut off without removing the battery. There's this copper strip that regulates the motor somehow - can't see how. Also, I remember taking out a rubber belt years ago - it drives the disk with the voice samples. I can see how it would fit around the motor and the disk . . .I'm thinking a large plumbing O-ring would do the trick.
    Also, I'm new to the Forum, so excuse me if I am dredging up old topics, but has anyone figured out how to print reproduction stickers for vintage vehicles and playsets?
    Thanks for reading,
    Ken

Actually, my local comic shop has one of these that I've had my eye on for awhile. If I pick it up, I'd be interested to know as well, since it isn't in working order. BTW is $25 a good price for a non-working one of these?

Imp. Troop Transport

Rollo, I can't say what the transport is worth . . . the safe answer would be "what you're willing to pay" If it works, I'd say it's a good deal at $25. If not, and I'm thinking the rubber belt has dried out and snapped like mine, maybe you'll get lucky and find a way to repair it. -Ken

Go to www.sandcrawlerworkshop.com

He repairs and restores old Star Wars toys. I can personally vouch for him as he fixed up my old beat up Cloud Car and it looks great.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

bigbarada, thanks for the lead to Sandcrawler . . . sounds like this guy can do it. I emailed him with my problem - hopefully he be able to fix it. Thanks! Ken