Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Questions About (And Comments On) A Few Marvel Legends...

A few weeks ago, I picked up my very first Marvel Legends figure. Series 4 had just hit my Wal*Mart, so I decided to get the Punisher.
    I had heard such great things about this line and when I got the figure open, I wasn't dissappointed - I really loved this figure. It's in my top ten.
    So, feeling so great about my purchase of the Punisher, I decided it was time to start picking up the rest of the previous assortments. I got another two the other day (Thor and Ghost Rider) and those two completely changed my opinion of the line.

When I got Ghost Rider open, I noticed that he doesn't include a hand-held chain, like pictured. I know that sometimes photos can be of prototypes and that he might not really have the chain, but I'll ask here. Is Ghost Rider supposed to come with another chain (and I don't mean the one around his chest, because that one is there)?
    That was the first problem. Next was the fact that the points of articulation were so tight, I thought they were going to break right off. And on top of that, I think that the chest joint is broken, because it seems to "flop" around and not really stay in one place. Anyone else's like that?

Now, on Thor, I was really dissappointed. First, I noticed that his head was about to fall off - I can't turn it without it threatening to rip right off. Second, his cape isn't attached correctly. On mine, there is a small depression where a peg on the cape should fit. The peg is about a half and inch back on the shoulder, not in the right spot.

Is anyone else having these sorts of problems with their Marvel Legends figures? Or is it really that I only pick out the broken toys?

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

going from what i have, and from what i have seen. you may have gotten broken/defective toys. My Beast and Gambit are fine, as well as my Magneto and Wolverine. I can't honesty say that i hav the Ghost Rider or Thor, because i don't, so i dont know if it's like that on all of them. But i know that mine are fine.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Hey Lman,
    I've never seen a Ghost Rider with two chains (and I've seen a lot of them). The only thing that dissapointed me with Ghost Rider is his unusually long arms. As far as the Thor cape issue, there are definitely lots of messed up ToyBiz figures floating around out there. There are plenty of paint errors, broken joints, and warped accessories out there. I'm always seeing bad eyes, etc.... bleh! This also goes for LOTR & Spider-Man Classics unfortunately.

For collecting this line (or any other ToyBiz line for that matter), it really does pay to examine the figure before purchasing it. I remember buying a Iron Man that had a broken elbow right out of the package, I also had bought a blue "stealth" variant Iron Man that had an unusually stiff thigh/leg joint. Tried to break it free (thinking it was just paint or something) and broke the damn thing right off! That really sucked since it's a "rare" variant and returning it means probably not getting one again. Had to glue his leg back on........

As far as articulation goes, the new figs do have the best articulation. ToyBiz seems to be experimenting with new articulation ideas with each new wave (which is a good thing IMO). So the older waves will not have the same level of articulation. They still are great figures though, and are much better than most other new stuff that is being produced these days IMO.

Welcome to Marvel Legends! Have you seen the pics of series 5 yet? Looks like it's gonna be a great wave!

yeah, i can' wait for Silver Surfer, Blade, Mr. Fantastic, and Colossus, as of right now, those are the only ones i'm definately getting. I'm thinking of maybe picking up the sabertooth, just for his base. Another part to a Sentinal.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

The Marvel Legends line (along with AOME) im trying to avoid like the plague. They look awesome but right now i just dont have enough money to get them and collect other things (Star Wars, LOTR, Transformer Reissues and Beast Wars) that i like. But maybe if i only stick with X-men figures (they are the coolest Marvel characters IMO) i may be able to get them along with all the other things i want.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

yeah Kool-aid, i advice greatly, to at least give some X-Men a try. If not for the figure, the comic book is pretty cool too.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

I've bought Wolverine, Punisher and Gambit and they all are perfect IMO
    though I did examine them in the package so I could get the best one, I didn't see any real errors on the others
    I did customize Wolvie though and gave him metal claws and a bit blackwash, and I made some normal cards for Gambit that he could hold
    I'll have pics of all of them soon
    oh, and I can't wait for the Blade figure!
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

I haven't had any serious problems with any Legend or Spidey Classics figure yet. Scrunity is the key to buying these figures as it seems lately the paint jobs are getting a bit sloppy on particular characters, especially the eyes on Elektra and Morbius. As for the joints, I have encountered a tight one here and there, but not to the point that the toy would break if I tried to move it. Actually just picked up a Kraven today and he was very well done. Overall I think this, or these toy lines if you include the Classic lines out or forth coming are great.

I'm back again with another rant.

Tonight, after much searching (both in stores and online), I finally found Blade from Series 5. Because of the problems I had with the past figures, I only wanted this one figure - and that's only because I missed the regular Blade figures when the first movie came out.
    I got this figure open and my jaw dropped. It's absolutely horrible.

The coat is made from such a cheap material. I took it off once because some joints were sticking, and now that it's back on, that's where it's staying. I'm afriad it's going to tear if I mess around with it.

Almost every joint on my Blade is loose; he can barely stand up. But there are a select few that are too tight, and I know if I force 'em, they'll break. So, with mine, it has to have this really weird, wide stance. It looks awful.

Something that struck me odd... the forehead on this figure is huge. There is just a massive space between the eyes and the hair. It's not really a problem, but it's just odd.

And one of the most irritating things about this figure is the fact that it can't hold onto the gun accessory. The handle of the weapon is too thick and Blade can't get a grasp on it. It'll just fall right from the hand. And the left hand grip is too narrow. So narrow that I can't even try to cram the gun in there. The gun itself is just pitiful. It looks "primative" as far as accessories go. The weapons with the Punisher look about 100 times better. More realistic.

And on top of all that... I hear rattling somewhere in the figure. Wonderful, eh?

I'm sure I'm the only one who feels disappointed with these figures. I'm sure someone will pop in with a comment about how great his or her Blade is.
    I really must be jinxed with these. They look awesome and I keep hearing such great things about these figures. So how come every time I buy one (with the exception of the Punisher), it ends up being a worthless, waste of money, piece of junk?

I await comments

End...
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Well I don't have Blade quite yet, but the Legends/X-Men Classics I have bought have all been fine quality wise. Sounds like your just having some bad luck.