View Poll Results: HEY! Look at the picture in the first post before you vote!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want a blue deco'd Zutton w/ height change

8 17.02%
  • I want the Non-Snivvian from Cloud City (Treva Horme)

8 17.02%
  • I want the Snivvian from Cloud City (Wiorkettle)

13 27.66%
  • I want the alien Bespin Guard (Utriss M'Toc, the Imzig)

7 14.89%
  • I don't want any of these figures

11 23.40%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    I don't see the point in rehashing a mistake. Two blue Snaggletooths don't make a right.
    My point exactly. And the more I think about I wish I would have voted for none of the figures. I really would like to see Hasbro finish out the vintage line. And there are enough holes to worry about without counting variation
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

First, thanks JediTricks for helping me with the administrative details on changing JediBoulton's vote.

Next, a lot of people and obviously most recently JT and Zeroplate make excellent points.

Zeroplate was pleased this didn't turn out to be another "Do you want a General Madine figure? poll" where everyone shouts "Yes!" and we all inwardly think "That was obvious."

Blue Snag is a commonly shown but uncommon figure in the vintage line. Since his sculpt is so different, and his height, he really appears to be a different character since Snaggletoothes and Walrusmen, etc. were not really characters prior to West End Games inventing Snivvians and Aqualish etc. while Lucas had only aimed to stuff the bar full of "everythings."

Meanwhile, most people would agree that the modern line wastes the vintage figures in how impressive and accurrate they are.

One reason 12-backers collect is to reassemble the collection we had and were quite fond of as children. You wouldn't think Lumat is that important otherwise.

So Blue Snaggletoothe might fit that niche for a good number of us, and we'd want something made.

It is a controversy as to what should be made, so it did turn into a very good poll question, because the issue is anything but predictable.

I myself don't think we need a figure based on an error, but do want myself, "as many 1 sec or cut-seconds background characters" as possible. They help populate dioramas, and Bespin is certainly and under-exploited world for choices for figures and deserves more of Hasbro's atttention. I would personally like to see 3 of the 4 made: Treva Horme is perhaps the most interesting and different; Wiorkettle is a Snivvian to begin with; and Utriss M"Toc would seriously go a long way to diversifying my Bespin Guards who still need an African-American variation - but beg to demonstrate that Cloud City was not prejudiced against aliens, and more than humans served in their security forces.

I voted for Treva Horme. Why? If Hasbro sculpted it, the style of the alien, it's shape and clothing, would be a departure from say a Rebel Fleet Trooper or one of the Jedi in what? - brown robes. I appreciate these figures like little statues or works of art that I can display to recreate George Lucas' whole-new-worlds-on-film type of art that he creates when he invents these highly creative environments. Treva Horme, and Wiorkettle would both yeild such different sculpts. Utriss M'Toc's head and hands might, but his body would be similar to another figure we already have: an Asian Bespin Guard.

So did I clarify why I like background aliens (or droids) in my collection?

This is an interesting aspect to the tastes some fans bring to this poll as they cast their votes.

I also vote for the Snivvian from Cloud City (Wiorkettle)! When Hasbro announced they wanted to add a 2nd Snaggletooth figure to the modern line, they should've picked this blue Snivvian instead of the one from the Holiday Special in my opinion. This would've balanced the old vs. new lines' snaggletooth figures nicely: we'd have a red one from the cinema scenes 3-pack, and a blue one on card (which would be of an actual background character from ESB). But as your poll suggests, it's not too late. And those of you voting none-of-the-above, how's it going to hurt if Hasbro makes a blue Snaggletooth for those of us who wants one? Just don't buy it when it comes out. I'd even buy a 12" version of a blue snaggletooth if they made it!

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    If we're talking about blue Snaggletooth I'd said Wiorkettle would be best substitute. Only because Wiorkettle is the same species as Zutton. I personal have never the alien Bespin Guard or other Cloud City alien. And I don't like the idea of a repainted Zutton, just to have a remake of a vintage mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Christopher
    And those of you voting none-of-the-above, how's it going to hurt if Hasbro makes a blue Snaggletooth for those of us who wants one?
    All four of you?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Christopher
    And those of you voting none-of-the-above, how's it going to hurt if Hasbro makes a blue Snaggletooth for those of us who wants one?
    Well, first of all, it will take away one of the other Classic Trilogy character I would probably want (which is why we haven't seen that new R5-D4 yet--other droids keep bumping its release ).

If you go through all of the "wish lists" in the Dear Hasbro section, you never hear anyone other than Tycho even mention a Blue Snagletooth figure. All of the wish list figures are Ewoks, Cantina Aliens, droids, Jabba's goons, and Imperials and Rebel Forces.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Thumbs up

I vote for Treva Horme. Its a different species. Not another Snivvian. We already have the 2 brothers, Takeel and Zutton. Let's have a companion for Saelt Marae and Treva is it. I doubt if this character will be made, but I welcome another new figure. :happy:
    As for the sake of completing the vintage line as re-sculpts, I still want to see Gen. Madine, Cloud Car Pilot and Chief Chirpa. That's it. The other Ewoks are not really that well-known so no loss if they don't get made. A Black Bespin Guard would be good too, since he's part of the vintage line, perhaps a different body sculpt will make it better. And even though I was kinda disappointed we're not getting the Zombie-lookin' Dignitary, I am very grateful were getting 2 different Dig's in the later wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    The Question is, for nostalgia's sake does a blue Snaggletooth have merit in today's line?
    I voted yes for a modern remake of the vintage "error" figure.

Hasbro could really do something clever with this figure. Put it on a nice (with a photo and everything!) vintage style card ... the card blue snaggletooth never saw. Make it in 2008 and make it a tribute to 30 years of "great errors and mistakes" from Kenner and Hasbro. It would be funny in a self-deprecating kind of way.

If there was some kind of fan club they could sell it on-line.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    I voted yes for a modern remake of the vintage "error" figure.

Hasbro could really do something clever with this figure. Put it on a nice (with a photo and everything!) vintage style card ... the card blue snaggletooth never saw. Make it in 2008 and make it a tribute to 30 years of "great errors and mistakes" from Kenner and Hasbro. It would be funny in a self-deprecating kind of way.

If there was some kind of fan club they could sell it on-line.

Too bad they never thought of something like "Proof of Purchase" or "Jedi Points" or something like that where we could trade them in for a special figure or somethin'.

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    Too bad they never thought of something like "Proof of Purchase" or "Jedi Points" or something like that where we could trade them in for a special figure or somethin'.
    Ooh, that's a good idea! Instead of "Jedi points" (whatever that means) they could call them "midichlorians." For every thousand that you send in, you get the blue Snaggletooth figure ... and one entry for a very special "grand prize" ... a trip to Hasbro's headquarters. "Only the most powerful of Jedi will win!" The highlight of the visit being a tour of their quality control department ... as well as lunch with one of their "action effect imagineers."
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Ooh, that's a good idea! Instead of "Jedi points" (whatever that means) they could call them "midichlorians." For every thousand that you send in, you get the blue Snaggletooth figure ... and one entry for a very special "grand prize" ... a trip to Hasbro's headquarters. "Only the most powerful of Jedi will win!" The highlight of the visit being a tour of their quality control department ... as well as lunch with one of their "action effect imagineers."
    Damn if you're not on to something here. I'm thinkin' that Lucasfilm should get involved here and "give something back to the fans." They could start by doing what you suggest above, and for all those loyal collectors out there with a gazillion "midichlorian points," they could be entered into a contest to visit Skywalker Ranch and/or ILM.

Who do we see about this?