View Poll Results: HEY! Look at the picture in the first post before you vote!

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want a blue deco'd Zutton w/ height change

    8 17.02%
  • I want the Non-Snivvian from Cloud City (Treva Horme)

    8 17.02%
  • I want the Snivvian from Cloud City (Wiorkettle)

    13 27.66%
  • I want the alien Bespin Guard (Utriss M'Toc, the Imzig)

    7 14.89%
  • I don't want any of these figures

    11 23.40%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Which figure would you accept as a substitute for blue Snaggletoothe in the new line?

    Hey! See the picture below BEFORE YOU VOTE!
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...achmentid=6578

    Nostalgic fans want all the original 102 characters made in the vintage line by Kenner, remade up to modern standards by Hasbro today.

    Probably the most controversial figure amongst the 12-15 you could make a case for still needing re-doing, is "Blue Snaggletoothe."

    Originally, Zutton appeared in both A New Hope, and the Holiday Special. But he was cut out of ANH in editing. Takeel got left in (seated near where Han blasts Greedo). Kenner only had a black and white set photo to work with, and since Zutton was seated, they had no idea he was a shorter alien - or what color his costume was.

    Kenner released a blue Snaggletoothe with the special Sears catalog special cardboard catina (yes they had exclusives back then, too). He was a standard height and wearing blue.

    When the Holiday Special aired, and Lucasfilm caught Kenner's error, the figure was corrected (just like Luke's glove on the wrong hand thing today), and red Snaggletoothe, an authentic Zutton for the vintage line, was released on a 21-back card shortly before The Empire Strikes Back figures were released.

    Today, Blue Snaggletoothe is regarded as an error figure, but a highly valuable one since the red figure is more common.

    The Question is, for nostalgia's sake does a blue Snaggletoothe have merit in today's line?

    Old (and incorrect rumors) had it that Kenner had made the error because they had confused images of the other characters shown to you in this poll: Treva Horme and Utriss M'Toc. Seeing them in the image attached, that's a little hard to believe.

    However, these characters, or another Snivvian (Wiorkettle wore blue)might make a good replacement for some nostalgic fans who still count Blue Snaggletoothe as another true figure of the vintage collection.

    Additionally, Cloud City has some good offerings (like the Ice Cream Maker Guy) that are often overlooked, and Empire Strikes Back remains the film with the least amount of new character offerings.

    Wiorkettle offers another true Snivvian, and a female I believe.

    Treva Homre is also female, and a very interesting alien at that.

    Utriss M'Toc shows by example that not only humans could serve the infamous Bespin Wing Guard (Lando's security troops).

    My poorly photoshopped blue Zutton stands in for those who want an exact replacement for the vintage Snaggletoothe, though Hasbro would need to alter his height.

    Which one do you like?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blue snaggletoothe poll.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 09-02-2003 at 03:39 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  2. #2
    I picked the Wiorkettle. Looks kinda cool. The Bespin Guard looks like something off of Star Trek for me. But thats me and you are you. How doyou vote?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    The Bespin Guard looks like something off of Star Trek for me. But thats me and you are you. How doyou vote?
    That was my first thought when I saw the alien BSG. It smacks of someone out of Voyager or TNG.

    I voted for none of the above. None of them interest me at all. If I were to get any of them it would be an original blue snaggletooth, like JediBoulton said. Why get a repaint like the clean/dirty biker scout?

    I'd rather get a character with some screentime faster than 0.1 nanosecond which is what these 3 ESB aliens have because I don't remember seeing any of them at all in any of the movies.

    Ask again in 2010, Tycho, once there are no substantial characters/resculpts left for Hasbro to do.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

    "Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

  4. #4

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Hey! See the picture below BEFORE YOU VOTE!
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...achmentid=6578

    Nostalgic fans want all the original 102 characters made in the vintage line by Kenner, remade up to modern standards by Hasbro today.

    Probably the most controversial figure amongst the 12-15 you could make a case for still needing re-doing, is "Blue Snaggletoothe."

    Originally, Zutton appeared in both A New Hope, and the Holiday Special. But he was cut out of ANH in editing. Takeel got left in (seated near where Han blasts Greedo). Kenner only had a black and white set photo to work with, and since Zutton was seated, they had no idea he was a shorter alien - or what color his costume was.

    Kenner released a blue Snaggletoothe with the special Sears catalog special cardboard catina (yes they had exclusives back then, too). He was a standard height and wearing blue.

    When the Holiday Special aired, and Lucasfilm caught Kenner's error, the figure was corrected (just like Luke's glove on the wrong hand thing today), and red Snaggletoothe, an authentic Zutton for the vintage line, was released on a 21-back card shortly before The Empire Strikes Back figures were released.

    Today, Blue Snaggletoothe is regarded as an error figure, but a highly valuable one since the red figure is more common.

    The Question is, for nostalgia's sake does a blue Snaggletoothe have merit in today's line?

    Old (and incorrect rumors) had it that Kenner had made the error because they had confused images of the other characters shown to you in this poll: Treva Horme and Utriss M'Toc. Seeing them in the image attached, that's a little hard to believe.

    However, these characters, or another Snivvian (Wiorkettle wore blue)might make a good replacement for some nostalgic fans who still count Blue Snaggletoothe as another true figure of the vintage collection.

    Additionally, Cloud City has some good offerings (like the Ice Cream Maker Guy) that are often overlooked, and Empire Strikes Back remains the film with the least amount of new character offerings.

    Wiorkettle offers another true Snivvian, and a female I believe.

    Treva Homre is also female, and a very interesting alien at that.

    Utriss M'Toc shows by example that not only humans could serve the infamous Bespin Wing Guard (Lando's security troops).

    My poorly photoshopped blue Zutton stands in for those who want an exact replacement for the vintage Snaggletoothe, though Hasbro would need to alter his height.

    Which one do you like?

    I don't want ANY of these figures -- I want the ORIGIONAL BLUE SNAGGLETOOTH FIGURE -- ERROR or NOT!! -- Thats the whole POINT!!

    Hasbro can even release him as the "Error Character" and list this story on the cardback -- that would make the figure even more interesting!!

    A REPAINT is out of the question -- whats the point!

    Treva Horme looks like a "repaint" of Yakface -- and probably will be if they make this figure.

    Utriss M'Toc is just another Bespin Security Guard -- big deal!!

    Wiorkettle is the only different figure -- but it looks bad "the picture" -- its a girl snaggletooth it looks like. :

    Hasbro can spend a little time looking over the "vintage blue" and create something that really looks like the "error" figure.
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

  5. #5
    JediBoulton, I'm not sure what you meant. You want a re-release of the exact vintage mold of Blue Snaggletoothe?

    The choice of the Zutton picture I photoshopped, was to represent repainting the POTJ figure and perhaps giving him full height to truly simulate the error Kenner made back then. But it's not an exact re-release.

    The idea of explaining the history of that figure on the cardback is pretty cool and goes in line with what they did with Han Hoth's blue coat and brown coat. Great thinking on your part!

    But please tell us which you'd want. (and sorry if that poll choice wasn't clear).

  6. #6
    I want Treva Horme and Wiorkette, both. But since I can only choose one, I'll go with Wiorkette since that would be the approximation of a proper Blue Snaggletooth that actually appeared in the movie. Utriss M'Toc I believe might have actually been a photoshopped Alien for Decipher, and not in the actual movie. I'd have to look again.

    MTFBWY and HH!!

    Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    JediBoulton, I'm not sure what you meant. You want a re-release of the exact vintage mold of Blue Snaggletoothe?

    The choice of the Zutton picture I photoshopped, was to represent repainting the POTJ figure and perhaps giving him full height to truly simulate the error Kenner made back then. But it's not an exact re-release.

    The idea of explaining the history of that figure on the cardback is pretty cool and goes in line with what they did with Han Hoth's blue coat and brown coat. Great thinking on your part!

    But please tell us which you'd want. (and sorry if that poll choice wasn't clear).
    My Bad Tycho

    I do NOT want a Vintage figure recreated ( i would like to get the vintage figure though )

    If we can get a Zutton with the full height added and a color change -- that would be great! -- if possible -- we need to change my vote
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

  8. #8
    JediTricks could modify that:

    1) erasing a vote for none above
    2) adding a vote for a Zutton repaint
    3) adding that the blue Zutton would have a height change in the description, instead of "and photoshop" like I put it. Sounds like he comes with software, heh-heh. It could say "simulated with photoshop."

    I don't have the editing control I used too this new forum setup.

    By the way, Mandalorian Candidate, the whole appeal of these 1-sec or even cut-from-screen characters is that they are unique sculpts and I'm kind of a fan of how cool they can turn out - characters like Ephant Mon. Even the Duro was barely on screen, as well as Bo Shek. Aurra Sing was closer to these folks screen time, but she got more pixels Still, Jango Fett wore blue. They could always do another figure of him instead. I mean they will anyway so kids old enough to understand SW by the time of Episode 3 (and not swallow the toys they teeth on) will be able to get him at regular retail when they're old enough. There are still some adult collectors out there who don't have much time and plan to see all the prequels for their first time when they can watch them back-to-back on DVD. Few, but some. They might collect on a whim once they've seen the movies. Clones are cool, you know?

    But I meant to treat Cloud City with at least some of the respect Jabba's Palace and the Cantina get. There was the intention of having characters make appearances there in the same striking manner as aliens do elsewhere in the SW galaxy. But for whatever reason, they didn't keep it in the final cut of the movie, and it's a human running with an ice cream maker that gets all the attention in the end.
    Last edited by Tycho; 09-02-2003 at 04:48 PM.

  9. #9
    I voted for a re-painted Zutton. They could release the new figure on a special "one-time only" blue POTJ card. I believe this would make the figure more unique and sought after by collectors. I think that Wiorkette looks cool, but I would rather have the blue Zutton. The other possible characters will probably never be made...including the Wiorkette figure!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

  10. #10

    blue snagg update

    It'd be cool to see blue snagg updated, but I seriously doubt Hasbro would update an "error" figure when they've updated the correct form already. (but then w/ Hasbro, any fig is possible) I like 3 of the 4 listed above to be made into figs except the repaint of current Zutton- that's too blah!
    Since blue snagg was issued as a SW fig not ESB, these 3 wound not suffice. I personaly nick name my blue snagg "Tekkel" who already has a potf2 updated form. Hey if the vintage Greedo and "Walrusman" are acceptable vintage figs for thier movie counterpart then blue snagg makes a fair Tekkel

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO