Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Marvel Legends VI (Line-Up Confirmed?)

UPDATE
    Ok, news is in on this. Julius Marx of Action Figure Times has come out and said that this list was an old list, and is no longer accurate. So while we may see some of them, most likely we won't see all of them.

The line-up for Marvel Legends VI has possibly been revealed, and many many big boys in the action figure website business are confirming that it is correct. Note that I'm not quite so sure, but it seems very very possible. Since Toy Biz had said that it was going to be 5 X-related characters, and 1 Avenger. I'll keep my peepers out for more info, to see if this is really true. If so, it's a great line-up that leaves only a couple questions. 1. Who will be the chase figure. 2. Who gets Doop. 3. Why another damn Wolverine, even one that's not been done since 1992.

Juggernaut
    Deadpool
    Phoenix
    Cable
    Wolverine (Weapon X)
    Hawkeye

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 09-05-2003 at 04:59 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Here's the clues that the guys from Toy Biz have been hinting at series 6 with for some time. It seems to fit the choices fairly well. Figured I'd toss them up, to connect some of the speculation. Again, I'm not saying the list is true, but it appears to be true. The hint list is from Fwooshnet.com.
    ------------CLUES WE KNOW SO FAR--------------
    -6 figures in the line up, possibly 7 with addition of movie punisher like series 3 movie daredevil [updated 8/17/2003 ]

-1 Female

-In ML6 you will see a new version of a character that has already been done in a previous ML assortment

-5 x-related characters

-Not all X-related characters are Mutants

-1 Avenger

-from Rob "Movie Punisher is possible for ML6 though so far it hasn't been confirmed as being with that assortment. If it does I suspect it will be like Movie Daredevil with an addition that isn't pictured on the other figure's cardbacks." [updated 8/17/2003 ]

-When asked about deadpool and cable back at SDCC Jesse said they are now able to make toys of them again, and seemed enthusiastic about a deadpool and said deadpool fans will be happy.

-A "modern" character is in the assortment... how modern is modern... who knows?

----clues from 8/17/2003----
    Hints from Rob...

Now, here's stuff about ML6 (not including Movie Pun and Doop):

-6 figures in the wave, and of these 6:

-5 are male

-2 are mutants

-1 could be a mutant, depending on the version of the character used

-1 is a clear villian

-1 has acted for good and evil

-1 is a new version of a character previously seen in ML

-1 is an Avenger

-1 was in the X-Men (there is one other that might qualify as a reserve member but not an official member IMO)

------Clues from 8/27/03-----------
    more hints from Rob...

Doop with somebody and possibly Movie Punisher.

Now, these are in no particular order and I am just numbering them #1-#6 to keep it relatively simple.

#1 This villainous character is X-related.
    #2 This guy is known mostly as an Avenger, but he does work with another team.
    #3 I started out as a 'New Mutant', sort of. At least when I was old enough.
    #4 I'm back again even though you have a version of me already from ML. And even before ML.
    #5 Good. Bad. I am above these two in more ways than one.
    #6 I'm not a mutant, but I am a killer.

There you go. 6 clues for 6 figures to make your guessing much more fun (or frustrating)! Some are kind of deep and some mean just what they say.

----Newest Clues from 9/03/03-------
    more hints from Rob...

This is the final clue I will give about #6. There will be no more for #6 because you don't need any more. It will be fairly obvious. In other words, some CYA statements so I can honestly say I didn't tell you, just hinted at it!

#6 Clint Eastwood and Jim Carrey. Put them together and try not to get dirty or harried.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sweet moses smell the roses!! When in sammest of hell will they give us a damned Nightcrawler figure?!?!??! Is this really too much to ask!!! I mean, Juggernaut and Phoenix, rock on, but i want Mr. Kurt Wagner in all his well deserved ML glory!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Check that other Marvel thread of mine. They are doing Nightcrawler in X-Men Classics - Wave 2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JJB- yeah, i remember seeing that, but from what i've seen of the X-Men classics line, i'm not too impressed. The Cyclops and Wolverine figures look sorely medicore and what in the hell is that disc shooter attached to Gambit?!? The only figure from the first wave that looks awesome is Archangel. X-Men classics, yeah, yipee skippee, but i want ML Nightcrawler glory!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

UPDATE:
    Ok, news is in on this. Julius Marx of Action Figure Times has come out and said that this list was an old list, and is no longer accurate. So while we may see some of them, most likely we won't see all of them.

As for the X-Men Classic line, you do realize that both it and the Hulk line has ML style articulation. Yes, they have those firing things, but they are removable.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 09-05-2003 at 04:57 PM.

But But!! dammit, Jar Jar, lemme have my position for this arguement!! Those X-Men figures look like crap, at least to me. Quit tossin' out facts to prove me wrong! heheheehehehehe

I am VERY much lookin' forward to the Hulk figures though. Abomination makes me giddy like a schoolgirl.

That's a great lineup! I would buy all of those figures (including Weapon X Wolvie).

But I do understand why they would change the lineup. I'm sure we'll see most (if not all) of those X-characters in the X-Men classics line. In fact I really hope they do change it..... I really want a Thanos, Mar-vel, and Dr. Strange out of ML.

On a side note: What I'm really looking forward to now is the new Black Costumed Spider-Man that's coming in the next Spidey classics asst!

Possible update on the ML6 line-up. And while it's still not confirmed, it was possible enough that Action-Figure.com posted the line-up. So just remember to take it with a large grain of salt and we'll see what happens. Maybe we'll hear something soon.

1. Hawkeye
    2. Wolverine (Yellow and Brown Costume)
    3. Black Widow
    4. Cable
    5. Lou Ferigno Hulk

Toy Biz: Marvel Legends 6 Line Up News?
    Posted by shipwreck on Friday, September 26, 2003 - 06:57 AM GMT

The Marvel Legends rumors are coming in thick and fast here at A-F HQ, however, this one from A-F Reader Shipwreck is pretty interesting...

Shipwreck writes:
    i know someone that is close to the big boss over at toybiz and i heard that they are trying to get the tv rights to make a lou ferigno hulk figure........ and the next wave will include hawkeye, the yellow and brown suit wolverine...... black widow... and cable.....

but the big news is that they are trying to make the lou ferigno hulk figure..... have a very, very, very, very reliable source... please trust me on this....... there where more figures mentioned but that is all my source remembered............ when the news becomes public please remember me ..........
    The trouble with rumors is that sometimes you have no way of confirming them. And even if the person who passed the rumor on did so in good faith, there's no saying whether the person they got the info from is telling the truth or got muddled up somehow.

Normally I'd probably pass on stuff like this, but I don't know the line up for the 6th wave of Marvel Legends, so I enjoy the speculation as much as anyone.

With no disrespect to Shipwreck... I'm quite happily prepared to wait and see if you were right... my problem is that at this time I have no way of confirming or denying this line up (the process is not as easy as you think). So until that time, this is still a rumor for me. So I'd say to all readers that until the line up is announced we'll hear about a million different line ups, and trying to sort the ones which are speculative want lists from the truth is going to be very diffiicult.

However, in Shipwreck's defense this doesn't have the hallmarks of a speculative wish list, which is why it makes it so interesting for me.

So I'd treat this as a rumor with merit. Until ToyBiz confirm it, it's not confirmed.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lou Ferrigno Hulk!?!
    Yup, That would be cool ... I'll believe it when I see it though.
    I'd love a Ferrigno and Bixby two pack (seriously.)
    plasticfetish.net