Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash Forward

Flash Forward

There are Star Wars, Transformers and GI Joe Mini Mugs in the back ground in the therapist's office. Nice touch.
    I really should be working. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by electricidad View Post
    There are Star Wars, Transformers and GI Joe Mini Mugs in the back ground in the therapist's office. Nice touch.
    Yes, I noticed those in the background, but didn't pay much attention at first until there was a closer shot of the two of them talking. The only one I recognized appeared to be the Swordsman from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

There was also some Marvel, I think. Kinda random, but ok.

Kinda sad that it's the start of the rest of the season, and quite a bit happened, and the only thing that I've seen anyone talk about is the appearance of Mighty Muggs. That can't be saying much for the show.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    There was also some Marvel, I think. Kinda random, but ok.

Kinda sad that it's the start of the rest of the season, and quite a bit happened, and the only thing that I've seen anyone talk about is the appearance of Mighty Muggs. That can't be saying much for the show.
    I'm thinking there was a thread already, but I didn't take time to look for it. I tend to not have much to say even when I do like it. Besides, so much happened that it would be hard for me to remember it all and be able to comment on it.

The writing is definitely getting better, but they should just off Mark and Olivia Benford right now if they really want to save the show. They are the ONLY characters that are really keeping me from completely enjoying episodes as every interesting plot comes to an abrupt and annoying pause since it has to go back to the Benford's soap opera drama. They really seem to be ready to jump ship on their marriage at the drop of a hat.

When they're not being ignorant for that plot, they're being bland and wholly uninteresting throughout any other scene, which comes off as filler simply so they can get back to their relationship drama. Plus, Mark always has this look that really gives me the feeling that he's just waiting to curbstomp a puppy at even the slightest notion that maybe his FlashForward isn't set in stone.

Aside from that, all of the other characters are developing pretty decently. The only problem outside of the Benford's I've really had with is Demetri's poor thought process last night regarding the lesbian's (pardon, I forget her name and can't really point her out from the cast list) baby. That should be generic enough of a comment to not constitute a spoiler, I hope. Anyway, his thought was really out of left field, and out of character, and seemed like was the sloppiest writing outside of the Benfords. It was a quick moment, though, so it's forgiveable.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

"but they should just off Mark and Olivia Benford right now if they really want to save the show."

I'm having a hard time disagreeing with that sentiment. I like the actors in the other things they've been in, but Mark Benford's faux-American accent is geographically untraceable. (The killer is, Joseph Fiennes, the guy who plays him, played Shakespeare!) If the shocking ending this season is to kill off the quintessential white alpha male lead, I think that would get a lot of attention for the show.

If this show is renewed for a second season, and revolves around Demetri, I'd be pleased. Demetri is by far my favorite character (followed distantly by Aaron Stark--last week really sealed his kick-***** character for me. Now it looks like Stark is going to the Middle East to kick *****).
    I really should be working. Really.

I'm still really enjoying the show, but with such low ratings I'll be shocked if it returns for another season.

I agree about the Benford story falling flat.
    And Demitri's offer felt really out of character.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

haven't had a chance to watch the second half of the season yet... just alot on my plate at the moment.... was blown away by the first half so I'm hoping that the second doesn't disappoint.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Okay...what the f*ck was that all about?

DO NOT set up season 2 when it was pretty f*cking obvious (plummeting ratings and critical venom) early on there wouldn't be one!

[FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

How did it end?
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!