View Poll Results: Will you be going to the San Diego Comic-Con?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'll be there

45 37.82%
  • No, I'm not going

47 39.50%
  • Still unsure

5 4.20%
  • Will get the exclusives some other way

22 18.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will you be going to the San Diego Comic-Con?

This year's San Diego Comic-Con International is only a few weeks away, July 21st through 25th, and Friday, July 23rd is the convention's "Star Wars Day" (though there's always more Star Wars-themed things going on throughout the con). This will be Star Wars' 28th year at the convention and there are several Star Wars exclusive items slated to be there.

So, will you be there?

Re: Will you be going to the San Diego Comic-Con?

No, saving money for C3
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Nope. I don't have the time or desire to go.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Yes, I will be there. There are a few items that must join thier bretheren in my collection. The silver sandtrooper is a given since the other four would not look quite right-and might get lonely- without it. I also want the clear bust-ups that I have heard about. (Are there any pictures of these anywhere?). And of course the luke bust. Also, I am quite excited for star wars day! At any rate, it should be a lot of fun and get the engine warmed up for cIII next year.
    Last edited by daricksstarwars; 07-07-2004 at 12:26 PM.

I can't afford to go this year (time and money). But I'm hoping a friend of mine attending can get me the silver sandtrooper. It's the only exclusive I want besides the Ghostbuster comic book.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

I've never been, have wanted to go, but have always had something come up -- sooooo, I'm really gonna try to make it this year. (I hope.)

Have you guys seen what's going to be in the Star Wars Pavilion? This is going to be massive, I can't believe more fans aren't excited about this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Whats going on?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Whats going on?
    Um...

From the Fan Film Award Ceremony on Thursday night to Steve Sansweet's Star Wars Spectacular on Saturday afternoon; from Star Wars Day panels all day Friday to special fun just for kids on Sunday, Star Wars fans will not run out of things to do during San Diego Comic-Con this year.

No matter how busy their Star Wars schedules, fans should plan to spend some time in the huge Star Wars Pavilion in the front row of Hall D in the San Diego Convention Center. The Pavilion will be the place to be for fans from Comic-Con Preview Night, Wednesday, July 21, through the end of the show on Sunday afternoon, July 25.

A Host of Star Wars from a Host of Companies*
    Many of Lucasfilm's licensees are exhibiting in the Star Wars Pavilion at Comic-Con International this year, and many are debuting products or selling Comic-Con exclusive merchandise at the show.

Advanced Graphics will sell their iconic Star Wars cardboard stand-ups. Here's your chance to take home Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker!

Animated Animations will debut three quality, limited-edition prints on canvas and on paper, from popular Star Wars artist Tsuneo Sanda. Sanda will be appearing and exhibiting his work in the Animated Animations booth daily.

Anthony Grandio, the makers of custom Star Wars checks and checkbooks, plans to host Jeremy Bulloch, the actor who performed the bounty hunter Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Bulloch is scheduled to autograph Grandio's new Boba Fett Vector Art leather checkbook covers. The company will also have special Star Wars checks available for kids.

CDM LEGO Pens is offering a Comic-Con exclusive -- a limited-edition Star Wars POD collector's pen. The pens, which will only be sold at Comic-Con, come with two interchangeable "memorabilia pods" that each display exclusive Star Wars artwork. CDM will also sell other collectible Star Wars LEGO pens.

Code 3 Collectibles, the company that produces high-end, die cast Star Wars models, will draw to give away either the Millennium Falcon, Slave I, or Luke Skywalker's X-wing. Lucky fans will win models on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Dorling Kindersley Books will debut their new Star Wars title, Inside the Worlds of the Star Wars Trilogy. This book will be for sale for the first time ever in their booth in the Pavilion at Comic-Con.

Gen Con, the company producing Star Wars Celebration III in cooperation with Lucasfilm, will give away two passes for the Star Wars fan extravaganza set for April of 2005. Stop by the Gen Con booth and sign up for the drawing.

Gentle Giant returns to Comic-Con with the debut of another Star Wars convention exclusive bust -- Luke Skywalker in stormtrooper armor. Fans can also sign up to join the "Imperial Academy" or the "Rebel Alliance," at the Gentle Giant booth, and some lucky fans will be drawn to win a custom Gentle Giant bust featuring their own scanned likeness.

Hasbro Games will audition talented, and maybe not-so-talented, fans who hope to star on the company's coming Trivial Pursuit: Star Wars Edition DVD. Representatives from the company and from the Lucasfilm staff will hear auditions at Comic-Con, then choose semi-finalists, whose performances will be recorded. Some of those performances will be chosen to appear on the DVD. To sign up for auditions before Comic-Con, go to Hasbro's official site.

LEGO will feature stunning Star Wars dioramas, life-sized LEGO models, and daily give-aways of mini-building kits. On Sunday, one lucky kid (age 6-12) will be drawn to win the entire 2004 new LEGO Star Wars collection.

LucasArts will host demos and tournaments of its exciting new games in the company's booth in the Pavilion. Come by to see the Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed demos, or choose your allegiance and join the fight in Star Wars: Battlefront tournaments.

Master Replicas will display and sell quality Star Wars prop replicas, including the company's new .46 scale Obi-Wan "as first built" lightsaber replica. The lightsaber will be available for the first time at Comic-Con. Master Replicas is also teaming up with Star Wars Insider magazine for a scheduled lightsaber give-away each day of the show.

MBNA is offering Star Wars fans more than just the opportunity to have a cool credit card that features either Jedi Master Yoda or the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader. This year all who sign up for a credit card account with MBNA at Comic-Con will receive a free ColorVision portrait of themselves set in a Star Wars scene.

Rubie's Costumes will feature lightsabers, blasters, and more Star Wars costumes and accessories in their booth in the Star Wars Pavilion.

Scholastic will give away copies of their Jedi series novels for young readers, autographed by the authors, each day while supplies last. The company will host a drawing contest for kids on Sunday, too.

Star Wars Insider Magazine and Hyperspace: the Official Star Wars Fan Club will offer fans a free issue of Insider, plus the chance to go to the head of the line. StarWarsShop.com will present the Comic-Con debut of Hasbro's silver-painted sandtrooper action figure. Subscribe to Insider and the Fan Club, and get in the action figure fast lane. You'll receive all the Fan Club perks, a free issue of Insider, and avoid the line! Every day of Comic-Con Insider and Master Replicas will give away a lightsaber replica, too.

Topps, makers of popular trading cards, will hand out Star Wars Heritage Comic-Con exclusive give-aways throughout Comic-Con in their booth in the Pavilion.

*All exclusives, give-aways and promotions available while supplies last.

Pavilion Special Events Through the Weekend:

Wednesday, July 21:
    5:30 -- 8:30 PM: Those attending Comic-Con Preview Night can come to the Star Wars Pavilion to see what's new in the galaxy. Don't miss an entire wall featuring exciting Star Wars video footage, or the 18 Lucasfilm licensees presenting a virtual "street fair" of Star Wars. Preview Night activities include give-aways, exclusives, sales of Hasbro's silver-painted sandtrooper action figure, and more.

Thursday, July 22:
    10:00 AM, Noon, 2:00, 4:00, and 6:00 PM: Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed demos in the LucasArts booth. Come see the exciting next level of Galaxies game play, complete with starships and hyperspace travel.

10:15 -- 11:15 AM: Fiction fans can come meet Star Wars author Greg Keyes (Star Wars: The Final Prophecy). The popular novelist will be signing autographs near the grand entrance to the pavilion.

11:00 AM -- 4:00 PM: Star Wars: Battlefront tournaments in the LucasArts booth. Fight the famous battles of the Star Wars saga in this exhilarating new game, set for release this September.

12:00 -- 3:00 PM & 4:00 -- 7:00 PM: Auditions for Hasbro Games' Trivial Pursuit: Star Wars Edition DVD. Hasbro Games will soon launch their new trivia game for Star Wars fans, and a handful of those who audition will appear on the DVD. Auditions, and filming of those who make the semi-final round, will take place at Comic-Con this year. Register to audition before Comic-Con at Hasbro's official site. Want to be in the audience? Come by the Hasbro Games booth in the Pavilion and watch the hopeful performers.

2:00 -- 5:00 PM: Topps Star Wars Heritage Exclusive Comic-Con promo, while supplies last, in the Topps booth inside the Star Wars Pavilion.

Friday, July 23:
    10:00 AM, Noon, 2:00, 4:00, and 6:00 PM: Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed demos in the LucasArts booth.

10:15 -- 11:15 AM: Star Wars author Timothy Zahn (Star Wars: Survivor's Quest) will meet fiction fans and sign autographs near the grand entrance to the Star Wars Pavilion.

11:00 AM -- 4:00 PM: Star Wars: Battlefront tournaments in the LucasArts booth.

12:00 -- 3:00 PM & 4:00 -- 7:00 PM: Auditions for Hasbro Games' Trivial Pursuit: Star Wars Edition DVD. Scheduled to audition on Friday? Didn't get enough of watching the fun on Thursday? Come by the Hasbro Games booth. near the center of the Star Wars Pavilion and get in on the fun.You may also register at the Hasbro Games booth in the Star Wars Pavilion at Comic-Con, if space is available.

2:00 PM: Code 3 Collectibles model give-away drawing. Win either the Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, or Luke Skywalker's X-wing model.

Saturday, July 24:
    9:30 -- 10:30 AM: Author Aaron Allston (Star Wars: Enemy Lines: Rebel Stand) will meet fans and sign autographs near the grand entrance to the Star Wars Pavilion.

10:00 AM -- 1:00 PM: Star Wars Heritage Exclusive Comic-Con promo, while supplies last, in the Topps booth.

10:00 AM, Noon, 2:00, 4:00, and 6:00 PM: Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed demos in the LucasArts booth.

Noon -- 2:00 PM: The Star Wars Shop at Comic-Con will close during Steve Sansweet's Star Wars Spectacular. It will re-open at 2:00 PM

2:00 PM: Code 3 Collectibles give-away drawing.

Sunday, July 25:
    9:45 AM -- 4:00 PM: LEGO Give-Away -- 2004 Collection! Kids ages 6 to 12 years (with their parents) can stop by the LEGO booth on Sunday and enter to win the entire, new LEGO 2004 Star Wars collection of building sets.

9:45 AM -- 4:00 PM: Scholastic "Draw Your Favorite Star Wars Character" Contest. Kids who draw their favorite Star Wars character at the Scholastic booth on Sunday will receive a free Star Wars book from the new Jedi Quest series. At the end of the day one winner will receive the Grand Prize of a Scholastic Star Wars-themed gift pack.

9:45 AM -- 4:00 PM: Star Wars Insider Magazine Drawing Contest. Insider will supply the paper and contest rules, and young artists 12 years old and younger can create their own Star Wars artwork, then mail it to Insider after the show. The Insider staff will judge the work and print the winning masterpieces in the magazine.

10:00 AM to 1:00 PM: Star Wars Insider Magazine Free Cartoon Sketches for Kids. Francis Mao of IDG Entertainment, publisher of Star Wars Insider, will sketch Star Wars character cartoons for kids 12 and under, in the Insider/Hyperspace: The Official Star Wars Fan Club area.

10:00 AM, Noon, 2:00, and 4:00 PM: Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed demos in the LucasArts booth.

10:30 -- 11:30 AM: Film star Billy Dee Williams will sign autographs in the Star Wars Pavilion, near the grand entrance. The actor and artist played the notorious gambler-turned-hero in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

11:00 AM -- 4:00 PM: Star Wars: Battlefront tournaments in the LucasArts booth.

2:00 PM: Code 3 Collectibles give-away drawing.

*Schedules and events may change. Check booth and onsite schedules for updates.
    source: StarWars.com
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

By the looks of your schedule, it seems that the doors open for us little people as early as Wednesday? Is that right or am I just reading this wrong? I'm already booked Fri-Sun so if that's the show, I can't make it. If Wed-Thurs are open, then I might be able to make the trip for the exclusives.