View Poll Results: To what extent do you want to see all the Vintage Figures redone?

Voters
547. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remake every single vintage version not shown in the modern line.

224 40.95%
  • Remake just the vintage not shown by any version in the new line.

205 37.48%
  • No remakes, only new Classic Trilogy figures never-made-before.

88 16.09%
  • No Classic Trilogy figures, only prequel figures from now on.

30 5.48%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

To what extent do you want to see all the Vintage Figures redone?

What's meant by each choice is now better clarified for you below:

To what extent do you want to see all the Vintage Figures redone?

Remake every single version -- Completely finish them all with everything ever made for vintage, exactly as it appears: silver Death Star Droid, black Bespin Guard, Hoth Rebel Soldier that matches the first vintage one, and all the rest!

Remake most of them -- Generally finish redoing the line, covering all the basics like the Ewoks, Imperial Dignitary, Cloud Car Pilot, and even Blue Snaggletoothe (done correctly, from Cloud City, as the image for it originated)

No remakes, only new Classic Trilogy figures -- Generally ignore the rest of the possible re-dos for they are uninspiring, and there are better figures from Classic Star Wars they could do, that were never made before.

No Classic Trilogy figures, only prequel figures -- Completely forget doing any more at all, and concentrate on characters from the The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones movies only now.

Let's discuss your choice here!
    Last edited by Tycho; 11-27-2001 at 06:20 PM.

I don't mind if we don't get EXACTLY everything, but to finish off the line would be nice. Lets get both Dignitaries, a couple more of the ewoks, etc.

I don't want the mini-rigs or all the ewok "vehicles."

But I think everyone will agree with me that its high time we got another shuttle, who's with me!!!!
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

[/QUOTE]
    Genrally finish redoing the line, covering all the basics like the Ewoks, Imperial Dignitary, Cloud Car Pilot, and even Blue Snaggletoothe (done correctly, from Cloud City, as the image for it originated)
    The above got my vote,it sums it all!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    But I think everyone will agree with me that its high time we got another shuttle, who's with me!!!!

I'm with you,but just imagine the cost
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Im not sure what it was when it came out originally, but I can't imagine it being to high if its not electronic.

Then again the b-wing and TIE-int. went for $30 a pop. I'd pay upwards $100 though for one, even if it is a rehash.

LOL, I'll do a poll for vehicles in the near future, but this survey was really to measure desire for just plain carded figures.

Do we or don't we want all the vintage ones redone?

I myself voted for COMPLETELY FINISHING THEM ALL.

I'd like a new Hoth Rebel Soldier, with gun and working holster, etc., plus with that choice, I still get Madine, Imperial Dignitary, Ewoks, etc.

By my count, there are only a few left either way:

first the not even arguably redone:

1) Chief Chirpa
    2) Lumat
    3) Warrick
    4) Romba
    5) General Madine
    6) Imperial Dignitary
    7) Cloud Car Pilot
    8) Klaatu (actual character name of a forest Nikto from Jabba's Palace)
    9) B-wing Pilot (human)
    10) Blue Snaggletoothe (mistakenly based on a Cloud City Snivvian)

then the figures we could say have never been redone either exactly, or to our satisfaction:

11) Leia Bespin Gown (carded, only molded)
    12) Hoth Rebel Soldier (TaunTaun handler, or Deck Officer like Vintage)
    13) Bespin Security Guard (black)
    14) Death Star Droid (silver)
    15) Paploo carded (and maybe resculpted -that awaits to be seen)

These are not resculpts as they are either never-been-carded, or they've never been done at all for the modern line.

Did I forget anyone?

How many of these 15 ideas do you want?
    Last edited by Tycho; 11-26-2001 at 03:16 AM.

In that aspect (Hoth-era figs) I would really like another rebel soldier (a resculpt if you will), a rebel commander, and a Reiken.

But I don't really think we need a white/black bespin guard, or all of the ewoks originally produced, or even a silver DS droid.

Although if they do come out with them though, I'd still buy 'em.

I believe they should put out more ewoks, but they also need to put out more endor troopers and a better scout trooper.
    What ever happened to those two packs of stormtroopers and rebel soliders? Its so hard to gather enough troops for an army.

Plus I would love to see a carded Wedge, more Jabbas Palace monsters, Madine, Rieken, Yuzzum, kyp Durron, Guri, Leebo from Shadows, the Solo kids, and Nom Anor.

And most importantly..................NO MORE JAR JAR SCULPS!!!!!!!!!
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

While I only really collect the vintage stuff for nostalgia's sake, because I don't have all of them and I would like to a have a complete set, it would be nice to be able to get them without paying exhorbitant prices. Realistically, it won't happen, but there's definitely a small market out there for the entire line of vintage 3" vintage figures including DROIDS and EWOKS. Who wouldn't want that elusive EWOKS figure that was only available in Brazil?

I still go after some of the vintage playsets and vehicles because they most likely won't get redone, but it's always nice when they do. My vintage B-Wing looks better with two others flanking it and of course getting my hands on an affordable A-Wing was a welcome surprise. Happily, I have the Shuttle and an incomplete Sandcrawler, but new improved versions would be nice to see.

I've never collected any of these toys for their "value," but assuredly many people do. Rereleasing the vintage line might dampen that market, but quite frankly, I don't care. Toys should never cost more than a little kid could really afford. That's who they're supposed to be for in the first place.

Bring on the re-release!

Are we talking about re-releases of the vintage sculpts or just new versions of vintage characters?

I'd like to see all of the vintage figures with an acceptable modern counterpart (read: it should be an improvement not like the ERG, R5-D4 or Bib Fortuna). Realistically I don't think we will ever get all 8 ewoks remade since they just aren't the hot property they used to be. If an updated Lumat, Warok or Romba were ever made I would be totally surprised. But then again, I said the same thing about FX-7 when the line first relaunched.

I always thought an ewok cinema scene/3-pack would be plausible. Its a way to get a few more ewok figures, and they don't have to go through the trouble of carding each figure.

In any case, I'd just like a few more NEW ewok figures to go along with the scout troopers and endor bunker playset they have.