Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The mock Hasbro thread

Dear Hasbro,
    Well you're little exercise in pointless gimmicks didn't pay off did it? Ninety percent of people hate them and even the kids hate them too. Shot yourselves in the foot with this turkey of an idea. Best put it in the trash can with all the other bad ideas. So as a penance...

Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock ...

Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock Mock

I told you so. You should listen to me more. Silly silly Hasbro.

Emporer Jargo, I'm suprised at you. You're usually much more refined and british in your roasting of Hasbro. I think your way off on your 90% estimate though. Sure, some of them are pretty craptaculer, but not all of them are bad. But I will agree, that they need to make sure they don't do anymore lightsabers sliding out of arms and quick draw features like Padme. The one that came on Zam is much much better. Hopefully Han's is more like Zam's.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

From the pictures of the back of the card it looks like it's Padme.

The saber slashing, gun slinging, and lightsaber blade energy blasts need to stop very badly. If you're gonna keep the magnets, at least be sure to not do them like you have been with the protruding ones, you could easily do it like Bespin Luke's magnet in his hand, it does help secure the metal lightsaber in his hand but it's shoved inside his hand which is great because you could seal the magnets inside the hand and so they'd help the metal lightsabers stay there without any lacking detail.

Putting them in the hand would make the people who like the magnets happy (since all they're really good for is securing the metal sabers) and the people who don't like the magnets won't have anything to complain about either because they'd be hidden and not causing any detail to lack plus they may not even notice it, therefore not having anything to complain about on the magnets for that part.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I think it's more likely that it's closer to Zam's, as Han has a button for the blaster drawing action. Where as Padme just stays up all the time, and doesn't lock in place. I hope so, I don't mind the one on Zam at all. And for people that don't like Han's gimmick, there has been other Han's that can be used.

Actually, from what Hasbro said at Cel2, that's what they are going to start do with the magnets. Actually putting them inside the hand, so that they arn't visable at all. I think that most of us can agree that is an ok solution, if they keep the magnets. And the change to a peg hand on Luke: Bespin made the magnet haters happy as well.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Actually, Han's is a mixture of both Padme and Zam. When he's locked, his right arm is down (and you can't use his arm this way, it just says loose). And when you hit the droid controller/button, his torso twists and he raises his gun. It's pretty cool - and it's definitely a better looking Han Solo.
    But what I noticed on him, and on Zam, is that the shoulder that houses the "quick draw" action is elevated. One shoulder is up and other is down. It makes them look funny from the back because you don't necessarily have to have one shoulder higher to aim a gun .

End .
    They call them fingers, and yet they don't fing. Noodle that one for a while.
    "Logic dictates we haul @$$." - Mego Spock from Twisted Toyfare Theater; Issue #59

Down with the magnets! I can't put hardly any of the new figures on my moniter because of them!

I heard the new Aaly Scernce twe-lek jedi will have a kicking gimmick,what a good way a ruine a figure,also Jar Jar were do e-maile hasbro,I want to ask them why they put the gimmicks in.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

I think Aayla Secura will have the articulation so you can make her kick. I think the articulation is in her thighs and is like the POTJ Rebel Trooper's knee articulation.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by mylow thehutt
    I heard the new Aaly Scernce twe-lek jedi will have a kicking gimmick,what a good way a ruine a figure,also Jar Jar were do e-maile hasbro,I want to ask them why they put the gimmicks in.
    No, Aayla Secura doesn't have a kicking gimmick. She has extra articulation so that she can be posed normally, as well as posed in a sidekicking pose. Lemme drag up the link to the info and pictures here in the forums and at Rebelscum.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&threadid=7464

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=8654

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I hope she looks as good in plastic,as in the drawings.
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.