Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question?????

Lightbulb Question?????

For school I am making a technical document on collecting Star Wars action figures and merchendise from 1977 to current. I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. I would like to conuct a little survey. If you could just reply by posting what you collect. Also could you state if you open the packages, keep them closed or half and half. Then choose the numbers that best fits you and make a statement about it and put the numbers in the statement. If you have any other ideas that I can add to this survey that would be great. Thank you very much for your help. Also at the bottom of the post could you put what number you are to post.

1a - Every action figure out there from 1977 to current.
    2a - Every action figure out there from 1995 to current.
    3a - Only the prequal figures.
    4a - Just starting, not sure.
    5a - Legos and action figures.
    6a - 12 inch and action figures.
    7a - Unleashed and action figures.
    8a - Action Figures and vehicles
    9a - Anything that has the Star Wars name on it.
    10a - Other, I you choose other please describe what you collect.

1b - Open the packages.
    2b - Keep them closed.
    3b - Half and Half and half.

Mine would be a 10a and 1b, I collect Action figures, vehicles, legos, unleashed, and prop replicas.

Number: 1

First this thread will be moved to the General Discussion section.

Second,

I am a 2B, collector. I collect action figures, vehicles, some unleashed,So I guess 7a and 8a. Also 1a.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Talking

Please everyone help. I see you reading it but not responding. Please.

Thanks in advance.

Well, I'm not quite sure of some of the choices. For instance 1a, I do have some of the figures from that time, but not "all". So would I not put that in my answer? Also as far as what I do to my figures, open, or leave carded, well I leave probably 93% carded, 7% I open and display.

I'll put down what I currently collect:2a;5a;6a;7a;8a;
    9a it depends on how cheesy it is. I've seen some real garbage out there with the Star Wars name on it which I won't buy.

10a Gentle Giant mini busts; Code3 Falcon; applause figures; calendars; Pez dispensers; autographs; posters; keychains; 3-D puzzles.............and there is more but I just can't remember off hand.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

1a - Every action figure out there from 1977 to current.
    2a - Every action figure out there from 1995 to current.
    3a - Only the prequal figures.
    4a - Just starting, not sure.
    5a - Legos and action figures.
    6a - 12 inch and action figures.
    7a - Unleashed and action figures.
    8a - Action Figures and vehicles
    9a - Anything that has the Star Wars name on it.
    10a - Other, I you choose other please describe what you collect.

1b - Open the packages.
    2b - Keep them closed.

Since I started collecting in 1978 allot of my habits have changed. Up until 2000 I was a 1a+ collector that bought 2 of every action figure/vehicle/12". I would open one and close the other.

Today I am a 1b collector that is a 6a, and 8a collector. I am no longer a completist, and I never subscribed to the 9a philosophy. To date I have never missed any classic trilogy figure, nor a prequel figure. I do not buy EU stuff, and I am do not buy rehashes unless they are neutral posed or a better sculpt of an earlier figure.

I hope that's what your looking for!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

2a (although only started collecting again in 1999)
    1b

Number 5

Quote Originally Posted by BFett88
    That's a lot of halves.

I'd say, selectively 5a, 6a, 8a and 3b. I'd like to say 1a, but frankly they're not all worth buying. As for 3b ... it's really not "half and half". At this point I buy to open what I like, find and can afford. Then, only buy to keep carded the best, most unique or rare.
    plasticfetish.net

8a -occasionally a lego set or other item that seems too good to pass up
    3b - I open some things like vehicles and a few figs

I am 2a, 2b. That is BASICALLY what I collect.

Guys, I could be wrong here, but I believe he wants to know basically what we collect...you know...in general. I do collect some unleashed and very few vehicles but I am mostly 2a, 2b.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.