Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    More rumblings of the demise of Enterpirse. This is from Cinescape Online:
    You may remember speculation from last year that STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE, the latest TV series in the long-running sci-fi franchise, was in possible danger of being cancelled. Most of these fears seemed to originate with the news that two less episodes of ENTERPRISE would be needed for this season, and when combined with the show's lackluster ratings, produced gossip that the show could be hanging by a thread. There was also talk that the show was being moved to Friday evenings from its Wednesday perch on the network.

UPN suits and ENTERPRISE producer Rick Berman dispelled the rumor that the program would move to Fridays but did confirm that a shorter run was in store for the third season. Nevertheless, the news was downplayed as a minor issue and not one serious enough to deliver a deathblow to the struggling series. But last week's abrupt and unexpected cancellation of JAKE 2.0, the series that followed on UPN directly after ENTERPRISE, may have sent a pulse of fear through the cast and crew. At the very least it prompted an individual to write in and tell us what they say the scuttlebutt is on the set right now...

"I have a source inside Paramount saying the ENTERPRISE set is awash in rumor of its move to a new timeslot with perhaps its ultimate cancellation on UPN.

"Apparently, TREK staffers were assured by higher-ups at UPN, including people in Les Moonves office, that ENTERPRISE and JAKE 2.0 were safe. After all, JAKE 2.0 was signed to complete this season's run of episodes.

"But with the hammer coming down on JAKE this week, in addition to the 'trimming' of UPN's order of ENTERPRISE episodes this season, Star Trek's executives fear the promises given were disingenuous at best and are running on 'Red Alert' mode to save ENTERPRISE from cancellation doom, and this may include shopping the show to another network or cable channel."

[They preferred to remain anonymous.]

Even if what our scooper says is indeed being whispered by ENTERPRISE stagehands, it may not be what UPN brass are planning behind their closed doors. Perhaps.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Talking wait, did you say jake2.0's Cancelled?

then to quote its insufferably-repeated promos, "that is So Freakin Cool"
    meanwhile i liked archer's line in the last few seconds of "chosen realm" where, accompanied by an oversized, shatneresque arm sweep gesturing to the blasted surface, he utters (under his breath & turned away from camera so i'm not surprised if y'all didn't catch it), "let This be your last battlefield"
    vt

He did not... right? Oh man, thanks a lot VT, now I'm gonna have nightmares about that for a few weeks.

Last night's ep didn't really work for me, but had some cool elements. Nice to have Blue Weyoun back, but I would much rather have seen the Andorians stay with Enterprise throughout the Xindi story arc and at the end finally try to pull the stunt they did. A nice little Gul Dukat sorta thing, he's your buddy and actually helps you quite a bit, but at a certain point, he's going to do something really naughty but still be the same good guy on the side-level once he's caught. That's pre-maniac Dukat mind you.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wow, last night's episode was such a lame piece of crap! Except for actually getting the coordinates, not one thing was a surprise. Why is it that Archer never tries to actually talk with these Xindi instead of trying to play mind-screw games on them? Clearly he was getting through to his captured Xindi scientist's emotional state, yet they throw it all away on CPDs and pap writing. Even Kirk would have had some sort of emotional breakthrough with the guy!

Also, how come we still haven't had the crew find out the circumstances to how Earth is supposed to destroy the Xindi? Maybe the producers think it's just a McGuffin but I think either it's poorly-conceived or hiding something more interesting and they're too lazy to deal with either head on.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Rumor has it that Berman is on his way out.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

That episode just left me confused. what exactly did the Xindi guy reveal?

jiM

The location of where he was currently living with his family, which is protected by a lot of defenses, all of which tells Archer that this is likely the location of the weapon.

Wow. Tonight's episode was really good!

I thought it was really creative. I don't recall characters ever "putting on a sim" before - though it has happened often enough TO THEM.

Nice reversal.

Next week's T'Pol's mating rituals

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Wow. Tonight's episode was really good!

I thought it was really creative. I don't recall characters ever "putting on a sim" before - though it has happened often enough TO THEM.

Nice reversal.

Next week's T'Pol's mating rituals
    I whole heartedly agree. Very refreshing. It's about time they added some more intensity and substance to the mix. I am eager to see what new challenges will befall them next.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Was surprised about last night's episode, it wasn't half bad... the other half was though. The dialogue had some cute moments for both B plots and even the sex stuff was handled differently than usual (more coy and almost silly than usual). If the music was better, this ep would have been 2/3rds "good" for once.

The A plot was a massive disappointment though, Voyager junk start to finish. It was especially annoying how the phase-shifting alien looked almost exactly like those stupid Suliban and had even more magic powers and a hand in the "sinister plot" from this season.