Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Enterprise Season 3 premiere!!!

I just watched it! Wow, it was incredible!
    Normally Tycho has the honor of "initiating" these, but...
    Just, wow! The effects work was incredible! The effects team for the show is really learning their trade. The CG is getting better and better!
    There's also a new military squad that serves on board the Enterprise, almost like a sort of "Hazard Team" as seen in the outstanding "Elite Force" videogame series.
    We really got to see those guys kicking butt, though, and I hope to see more of them this season.
    All I have to say is that this was a great way to start it off.

I was really impressed by the collection of aliens at the end (they might have been at the beginning too but I came in late). First, they didn't all speak English and had subtitles which was an interesting change. I'm also pretty excited by the fact that they used 2 completely CGI alien species. Was it just me or did that scene remind you a lot of a scene in AOTC? I expected them to show a hologram of the Death Star as they talked about their "new weapon."

It wasn't necessarily the best episode but I'm pretty intrigued by the changes made and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Did they change the opening song at all?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    I was really impressed by the collection of aliens at the end (they might have been at the beginning too but I came in late). First, they didn't all speak English and had subtitles which was an interesting change. I'm also pretty excited by the fact that they used 2 completely CGI alien species. Was it just me or did that scene remind you a lot of a scene in AOTC? I expected them to show a hologram of the Death Star as they talked about their "new weapon."

It wasn't necessarily the best episode but I'm pretty intrigued by the changes made and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Did they change the opening song at all?

I too was reminded of the scene from AOTC where Obi-Wan spies on the Separatists! Just like in AOTC, there's a variety of aliens at a round conference table, some speaking with subtitles. Even the lighting was the same.
    That bug guy was cool!
    And the words for the song were the same. The background music seemed slightly changed, though, but maybe that's just me. :P

I too liked the bug alien.

Boy I am glad u guys saw it so it could give me a heads up to set up my Replay TV. I didn't realize the season was starting so soon.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Wink 31 varieties of sewage and an orgasmic backrub, aka baskin robbins SHIaTsu?

bug, shmug- the real standouts for me were stephen (romulan senator vreenak from ds9 "pale moonlight" ep) mchattie's asthmatic foreman and the nine-fingered xindi! too bad we won't see those characters again, Fantastic perfs by both actors and yay for tpol's new hair
    jt's prolly happy with daniel dae kim's casting as one of the commandos, cuz he always wanted that voy "blink of an eye" guest star to become a regular on That show
    on xindi/geonosian war room note, i also liked the dream sequence the First time i saw it, in T2 Judgment Day and next week we get to see a retread of janeway's intimidation of captain ransom's officer in "equinox 2"
    so now enterprise's warp burst is red white & blue? oh Please too bad for anyone who expected the delphic expanse was gonna be one big moody nebular soup, cuz now we're back in plain-ol' black space again. and quelle bummer about rumors of that dopey theme song's demise being false
    vt

Re: Enterprise Season 3 premiere!!!

According to the news on IMDB, Berman is going to ask Shatner to guest star on the next season of Enterprise. Seems a little desparate to me, but Kirk is Kirk is Kirk and that's good enough...

here's the text:
    William Shatner may reprise his role as Capt. James Kirk on UPN's Star Trek: Enterprise next season, producer Rick Berman has told the sci-fi magazine Starburst. "Bill luckily has landed a wonderful role on the new David E. Kelley spinoff of The Practice, but [co-producer] Brannon [Braga] and I have plans within the next few weeks of sitting down with Bill and discussing some possible ways of his being involved in this season of Enterprise," Berman told the magazine. Such an appearance would mark Shatner's first on any of the modern-day Star Trek TV series. He played Kirk in the original series in the late '60s and in seven films.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    I expected them to show a hologram of the Death Star as they talked about their "new weapon."
    Hey there is a Death Star!!

So what did everyone think of tonight's episode? I thought it was pretty well-done, especially the sequence where they repelled the Osaarians that invaded the ship. It was a long, drawn-out room-to-room firefight with mainly music and no dialogue. Nice.

I liked it.

It reminded me of a lot of things done before though:

The Fergeni mugging this Enterprise and the Enterprise D.

Star Wars and the Death Star (cool to see it in Trek though.)

The Dyson's spere from TNG with Scotty's appearence.

Voyager mutating through folded space when they all ended up in the pool hall on the holideck in the end.

The fight with Khan in engineering.

But all in all the new crew pulled off these old stunts rather well and I liked the episode.

The coffee floating was a fun effect.

But they didn't explain why the sphere had the effect on that part of space, nor did they think about blowing it up, "This is Reed-5 I'm going in!"

That would normalize space and fixetheir coffee and their cargo bay.

THey didn't decide to rip the pirates off of everything they'd stolen from other ships.

THere's no Prime Directive now. And they are at war with the Xindi in a manner of speaking. So why not?

THe torture was still tame. The captain got beat up by many aliens races already, especially the Andorians, why he didn't kick the crap out of the priate himself, I don't know. Trip would have enjoyed doing it too.

Archer is starting to turn into Kirk. Anyone notice?

This mission was handled just as James T. would have. Except he might have boarded the pirate ship and looked for Orion Slave Girls to keep in his quarters.

But SF reached its greatest exploration for exploration's sake in TNG with Picard. Kirk was a military man, and Sisko was forced to be. Janeway was just lost.

But don't get me wrong. I enjoy the military Trek. Worf has always been one of my favorite characters in Star Wars...uh I mean Star Trek.

So I think i responsed to this episode just like any crewman from the USS Defiant would have!