Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Enterprise Season 3 premiere!!!

I just watched it! Wow, it was incredible!
    Normally Tycho has the honor of "initiating" these, but...
    Just, wow! The effects work was incredible! The effects team for the show is really learning their trade. The CG is getting better and better!
    There's also a new military squad that serves on board the Enterprise, almost like a sort of "Hazard Team" as seen in the outstanding "Elite Force" videogame series.
    We really got to see those guys kicking butt, though, and I hope to see more of them this season.
    All I have to say is that this was a great way to start it off.

I was really impressed by the collection of aliens at the end (they might have been at the beginning too but I came in late). First, they didn't all speak English and had subtitles which was an interesting change. I'm also pretty excited by the fact that they used 2 completely CGI alien species. Was it just me or did that scene remind you a lot of a scene in AOTC? I expected them to show a hologram of the Death Star as they talked about their "new weapon."

It wasn't necessarily the best episode but I'm pretty intrigued by the changes made and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Did they change the opening song at all?
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    I was really impressed by the collection of aliens at the end (they might have been at the beginning too but I came in late). First, they didn't all speak English and had subtitles which was an interesting change. I'm also pretty excited by the fact that they used 2 completely CGI alien species. Was it just me or did that scene remind you a lot of a scene in AOTC? I expected them to show a hologram of the Death Star as they talked about their "new weapon."

It wasn't necessarily the best episode but I'm pretty intrigued by the changes made and I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Did they change the opening song at all?

I too was reminded of the scene from AOTC where Obi-Wan spies on the Separatists! Just like in AOTC, there's a variety of aliens at a round conference table, some speaking with subtitles. Even the lighting was the same.
    That bug guy was cool!
    And the words for the song were the same. The background music seemed slightly changed, though, but maybe that's just me. :P

I too liked the bug alien.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Boy I am glad u guys saw it so it could give me a heads up to set up my Replay TV. I didn't realize the season was starting so soon.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Wink 31 varieties of sewage and an orgasmic backrub, aka baskin robbins SHIaTsu?

bug, shmug- the real standouts for me were stephen (romulan senator vreenak from ds9 "pale moonlight" ep) mchattie's asthmatic foreman and the nine-fingered xindi! too bad we won't see those characters again, Fantastic perfs by both actors and yay for tpol's new hair
    jt's prolly happy with daniel dae kim's casting as one of the commandos, cuz he always wanted that voy "blink of an eye" guest star to become a regular on That show
    on xindi/geonosian war room note, i also liked the dream sequence the First time i saw it, in T2 Judgment Day and next week we get to see a retread of janeway's intimidation of captain ransom's officer in "equinox 2"
    so now enterprise's warp burst is red white & blue? oh Please too bad for anyone who expected the delphic expanse was gonna be one big moody nebular soup, cuz now we're back in plain-ol' black space again. and quelle bummer about rumors of that dopey theme song's demise being false
    vt

spoiler alert

T'Pol's new outfit and haircut was cool, as were those new commando guys!
    And people fail to realize something about this episode...

SPOILER

This is the first time in Trek that we actually see someone shot in the head.

I just hope this season is better than this aimless past season... *sigh*

So far, so good...!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    I just hope this season is better than this aimless past season... *sigh*

So far, so good...!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin2121
    This is the first time in Trek that we actually see someone shot in the head.
    Actually no it isn't. In TNG there was an episode creatures had taken over Starfleet Admirals and one officer had the head creature in it. To destroy the head creature, they concentrated phaser fire on it's head till it exploded. Very gruesome, and very cool.

The sniper scene wasn't really exciting, if you've played any games from Half-Life to Jedi Outcast to Unreal, you've seen something like many times.

I thought it was a pretty terrible episode, only worsened Enterprise where it had potential. Instead of putting in a dramatic twist to the series, they instead have reverted back to the classic sex & action = easy ratings gag.

Was not impressed with the Xindi at all, poorly thought out. They could be a little more creative than ANOTHER humanoid species. The bug's could've been done very well, but with the human-esque and the furry humanoid aliens being able to talk in english, then the bug and aquatic ones needing subtitles. It was too much like the War Room scenes in Episode II. True, in Episode II they weren't original in themselves, but they could've found something BETTER to do. It seems very unlikely that 2 out of 4 species of one planet wouldn't be able to be understood by the magical universal translator during the scene.

So I'm still not impressed with Enterprise and think they handled potential for a well thought out series terribly. I'm so glad I decided not to tape it anymore, even if just for "just in case" situations.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"