Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Emailed Hasbro again yesterday (addressed to Customer Services Manager), with a link to this thread. Got this response.......

At 11/28/2001 04:32 PM we wrote - Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your interest. The promotional items used for "in store" displays, television commercials and prototypes are not available for resale. If an employee were to sell these things, they would be in violation of Hasbro's code of conduct. We appreciate your understanding.

Seasons Greetings,
    Bonnie
    Consumer Affairs Department
    Hasbro, Inc.

Once again, how can I thank you for your efforts, Hasbro.

BC3

Hasbro, you're not making friends in this thread! Get back to MM work!!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey JT

It was you who organised the MM petition some time ago, wasn't it?

If so, do you have a Hasbro contact that I can contact to try to aquire these sets for the forum?

Cheers

BC3

Arrow as much as we want to see brand spankin' new micro machines

Originally posted by JediTricks
    Hasbro, you're not making friends in this thread! Get back to MM work!!!!
    we ain't askin' here for any new r&d funds to be spent, we're jes trying to get the toys that have already been designed, tooled, produced, and packaged previously!

once you see how quickly these sell, you will then understand that micro machines are a very important part of the star wars toy universe!:happy:

(then you can spend new r&d funds for some brand spanking new micro machines toys!)
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

BC3, I'm afraid when Hasbro gobbled up the west-coast offices, I lost all contact. I had to give the petition to SirSteve so he could deliver it. I will look into this and see if anyone I know has contacts with these... hopefully so, but I'd rather Hasbro just released more MM/AF product, including this stuff, through the fan club if they don't want to take it to retail.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Arrow hey hasbutt: re bc3's "I will never consider my collection 2b complete without them",

. . . y'all might be interested ( ) to know that i don't quite share his sentiment, to wit: IF you make these things easy & inexpensive to acquire (as all good mm toys should be), i'll consider them collection-worthy. otherwise, i ain't gonna lose no sleep over them, y'hear?
    you want more of my MMoney? then you know what you gotta do otherwise, i'll be happy to keep my $$ right where it is
    vt

Red face the real point to all this is........

whilst you guys in rhode island continue to ignore our pleas, and refuse to make (ya don't even have to make new ones, jes release the ones already done! ) / release star wars micro machines, scalpers are gettin' quite rich scoopin' up the meager few tail end sets, and harpin' these ill gotten booties on ebay

some of this has to click hasbro!

please do not let the great line of micro machines products just fade away into obscurity

Angry sheeesh, the fun just keeps on coming

rebelscum has now posted that there is another action fleet ship, which had been designed and tooled by the old guys at galoob. it is the neimodian shuttle

quite frankly i am gettin' tired of all this

when i started to collect action fleet, i felt that they were the absolute best size for collectin' and playing with for star wars toys. my son through the years since age 3 (he's now 7) has confirmed this fact by rejecting anything bigger than the action fleet line, due to the cumbersome size of the potwhatever, and the difficulting in transporting all those large toys for play when we take trips. Any of the large sized toys (falcon, at-at, x-wing, whatever), have always remained on the shelf to collect dust, while the action fleet and micro machines toys were always in pitched battles for hours giving my son, his friends, as well as myself, countless hours of great fun

it doesn't suprise me at all that the old galoob team decided to make a neimodian shuttle, they always pleased us in the past with lesser known vehicles for the action fleet line. where else you gonna get a imperial landing craft, virago, and lars family landspeeder among others?

recently, i've been looking at the last 4 produced action fleet vehicles very closely, (royal star ship, sith infiltrator, att, and droid control ship), detail wise, these 4 toys are probably the most intricately produced action fleet vehicles of the entire line! they only showed what we could expect down the road with this already incredible line.

i can't believe hasbro , for whatever bean counting corporate reason is just gonna get rid of micro machines and action fleet, and say fare-d-well to one of the best toy lines ever produced.

well, all i have to say to this is 'to hell with hasbro", from now on i am boycotting the entire hasbro line until they start producing the sci fi micro machines line again. my toy money for both my 7 year old son, and 6 year old daughter will now go to hasbro's competition. maybe they'll make my world smile

It's a good thing I'm an a moderator here or my words would be MUCH harsher than GSJ's, he's totally taken it to the hoop without the swearing and insults I would have been spewing forth right about now. Hasbro should be totally ashamed of themselves for this, they themselves are to blame for the first wave of Ep 1 Micro Machines not selling well, which is the thing they are using to keep the MM lines down - if they hadn't overproduced product and choked off later waves, they wouldn't have killed the damn line! So they do the crime, and we do the time - why should we be the ones suffering for their mistakes?!? The 3rd wave of Ep 1 Die Casts looked incredible, I still can't believe we'll never get a DC Naboo Fighter or Anakin's Podracer or a Trade Fed Lander or a Gungan Sub!!!!! Hasbro, I know you made promises to bring back MM for Ep 2, but we've been waiting too dang long for some of this Ep 1 and Classic Trilogy stuff - GET WITH IT!

I think it's screwed up that ONE person (Mark@RS) is able to acquire suh a plethora of unreleased MM's in much less than a year that seem like they would have to come from the Hasbro vault, which would lead to the fact that Hasbro's "rules" about employees selling things like those is nothing but horse hockey.

Geez, Hasbro!!!!! You're so blind! You want to make money?! Put the micromachines back in! Make'em mail-order or something if you don't want to release them at retail, make a giant collector set and put it on your site! Do anything! Just make'em, price'em right, and they'll sell!!!!!!!! Think about it. You use existing molds which should still be in the vault so you don't have to make any newer molds which saves money for the retail cost, then you produce'em, find a way to package them either a special way or you use the 1999 designs, then make them mail-order or make them a special gift set for the Fan Club or your site or an exclusive to Wal-Mart or TRU, they'll sell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't price them ridiculously, if you do that, they won't sell, put it on a reasonable price and don't be greedy, you'll earn your money back. It's not that hard to figure out!!!!!!!! Stop sitting with your thumbs on your seat and THINK.

Look, you don't make money from making select things and putting high-prices on them because then the things don't sell to everyone who wants one, but if you make several things and put reasonable prices on them, then more people can buy them and then you'll get more money than you would with select things being high-priced. Get it. Got it? Good!

Ok, now I've vented.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"