Thread: SA Jedi

SA Jedi

I am dissapointed with the articulation in most of the Jedi released for ROTS (as well as in past lines). Most of the time, it seems they were articulated so they could really only have one decent pose. The rest of the time, the arms and head seem to be in akward positions and just doesn't seem natural. Aayla Secura seems to be the most well articulated of the jedi I have seen, only lacking in a couple of spots. I think all the Jedi need to have super articulated versions made.

Re: SA Jedi

I can forgive the background Jedi a little easier, since they aren't major characters, but look at the Anakin and Obi-Wan figures from both Ep 2 and Ep 3, none are just neutral-pose, high-articulation figures, and almost all are lacking their robes. This needs to stop, these characters are the main guys and we can't get 'em done right, yet some friggin' background Jedi can breakdance?!? We need more articulation!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

WHAT!!!

Is this Bizzaro World?!?!

The ROTS Jedi figures are virtually SA Jedi as it is, the only ones that aren't are pretty much the ones JT mentioned:

Anakin
    Anakin
    Obi-Wan
    Obi-Wan
    Yoda
    Yoda
    Mace Windu

The rest of them have more articulation than you can shake a stick at! I can pose just about any one of them in a one or two handed lightsaber pose! Most have 10 or more points plus ball-shoulder joints. In fact I think this is the first time Hasbro actually got the articulation right on their figures! Sure most of the "gimmick" figures seem to be short on articulation but Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Aayla Secura, Luminara and the gang are all perfect IMO.
    May the force be with you.

A question I have, and I'm semi-agreeing with both knightone and sith_killer_99 here, is if you're going to put in full shoulder articulation on, say, both arms, why then put elbow and wrist articulation on only one arm, making one arm fully poseable but the other not??? Take Shaak Ti, I love the figure but for some reason her left arm only has shoulder articulation. The other arm is fully poseable from shoulder to hand. What stopped them going the full hog? The lack of articulation in one arm renders the articulation in the other arm good for only the one lightsaber holding pose. They didn't do this with Luminara - her arms are fully articulated. What did Hasbro have against Shaak?

I know there are other, older figures which had this 'problem' too where one wrist had articulation but the other didn't etc...my question is why? Especially where no expense was spared on other comparable figures.

I have a Kit Fisto, a Plo Koon, a Yoda and a Ki Adi Mundi. Of all these figs only Kit Fisto's articulation is excellent, besides Yoda which is ok the rest suck with the stupid swivel elbows, they really **** me off, I hate them. Plo Koon is just a mess all around and Ki Adi Mundi is so annoying with the cloth robe, why couldn't you just make him like the Ep1 version with all plastic. Thank you hasbro for the awesome Kit Fisto but why can't you guys just make the rest of the Jedi like him. PLEASE make a new and better Plo Koon, PLEASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackened88
    I have a Kit Fisto, a Plo Koon, a Yoda and a Ki Adi Mundi. Of all these figs only Kit Fisto's articulation is excellent, besides Yoda which is ok the rest suck with the stupid swivel elbows, they really **** me off, I hate them. Plo Koon is just a mess all around and Ki Adi Mundi is so annoying with the cloth robe, why couldn't you just make him like the Ep1 version with all plastic. Thank you hasbro for the awesome Kit Fisto but why can't you guys just make the rest of the Jedi like him. PLEASE make a new and better Plo Koon, PLEASE.
    Actually I don't like swivel elbows either and wanted to say that before but for some reason I was at a loss as to what to call that kind of articulation. Its better than nothing but Kit fistos elbow joints are what we'd ideally get. Also check out the really poorly done swivel elbows on Palpatine figure#35. They make his upper arms tiny and his lower arms too long. That figure is crap in so many ways.

I'd also like to add in that it would be nice for Plo Koon to actually hold his lightsaber, it won't stay in for sh*t and it is extremely frustrating. I really wish I didn't go out and buy these figs today.